PDA

View Full Version : Paul65k Can't get any lower

Paul65K
11-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Well I did it again........It's official I can't get any lower

Yup we made our way to the lowest point on the surface of the earth today as part of our 3 day motorcycle trip.

This s a pretty interesting place if you have never been.......you stand there and look up at the face of the mountain and you see a small sign up there and upon closer inspection you see that it is showing you where sea level is....as you can see in this blow-up

Here are some more interesting pics

Here's a shot of the old guys at the sinking to an all time low :D

BTW I realize I'm a pretty crummy photographer but I gotta say the quality of the pictures from this new iPhone 5S is pretty damn good IMHO

More pics tomorrow on the trip back to Havasu!!

ChumpChange
11-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Very cool Paul. Thanks for posting up. I want to go on a motorcycle trip.

Paul65K
11-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Very cool Paul. Thanks for posting up. I want to go on a motorcycle trip.

Don't tell me...........Ducati????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

28eliminator
11-11-2013, 09:17 PM
So now is it Paul-282 :D

Cool pics Paul, looks like a great time!

Sent from somewhere on the water

ChumpChange
11-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Don't tell me...........Ducati????

Nah. Ducati's seats are for racing. They hunch you over too much for long trips. Although I hate my feet in front of me, I'd rock a cruiser for the long trip. I've gone a couple hundred on my old CBR and that was max. Sure got there fast though. Be safe out there and enjoy!

Paul65K
11-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Nah. Ducati's seats are for racing. They hunch you over too much for long trips. Although I hate my feet in front of me, I'd rock a cruiser for the long trip. I've gone a couple hundred on my old CBR and that was max. Sure got there fast though. Be safe out there and enjoy!

We will....thanks :thumb:

Ziggy
11-11-2013, 09:36 PM
One, maybe two of you guys look like actual bikers...lol
:D:D

Paul65K
11-11-2013, 09:38 PM
One, maybe two of you guys look like actual bikers...lol
:D:D

don't tell me....the 2 on the right??? :rolleyes

Ziggy
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
don't tell me....the 2 on the right??? :rolleyes

Did you say on your right? :)

ChumpChange
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I see the resemblance!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/5utu9uny.jpg

Ziggy
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
I see the resemblance!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/12/5utu9uny.jpg

:D lmao
Sidenote...who made that poster, can't they tell the difference between Tim and Martin?:confused::p

From my POS T-mobile thingie

gn7
11-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Well I did it again........It's official I can't get any lower

Yup we made our way to the lowest point on the surface of the earth today as part of our 3 day motorcycle trip.

That's a cool trip. I spent a few days in Furnace Creek during Easter Breaks while in jr and sr high school.

You are just a tad off on the "lowest spot on earth" Its the lowest spot in the western hemisphere. The Dead Sea has Bad Water beat by a bit over 1100ft at the surface/shoreline. Remove the water and you can add another 1200+ft.

Paul65K
11-11-2013, 10:38 PM
That's a cool trip. I spent a few days in Furnace Creek during Easter Breaks while in jr and sr high school.

You are just a tad off on the "lowest spot on earth" Its the lowest spot in the western hemisphere. The Dead Sea has Bad Water beat by a bit over 1100ft at the surface/shoreline. Remove the water and you can add another 1200+ft.

Fair enough....you got me on that one!!! :thumb:

I guess my mind just can't come to grips with anything outside of the Western Hemisphere these days!!

After 6 Million Miles on AA during my career (which equates to more than 250 times around the globe) I just can't get my head around anything outside of the Western Hemisphere going forward :D

Eli
11-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Fair enough....you got me on that one!!! :thumb:

I guess my mind just can't come to grips with anything outside of the Western Hemisphere these days!!

After 6 Million Miles on AA during my career (which equates to more than 250 times around the globe) I just can't get my head around anything outside of the Western Hemisphere going forward :D

Well I guess that's good news...you can get lower!

Great pic Paul!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
11-12-2013, 05:49 AM

Know it all! You should join the WTF do I know club, we're way cooler and always taking new members ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Joker
11-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Looks like a great time Paul. Thanks for sharing.

gn7
11-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Know it all! You should join the WTF do I know club, we're way cooler and always taking new members ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Ah come on, give me a little break. Like I said, I use to spend a lot of time there. I love that place.
Know the second lowest spot in the western hemisphere as well. But then every self respecting performance boater knows where that is.

Eli
11-12-2013, 06:57 AM
Ah come on, give me a little break. Like I said, I use to spend a lot of time there. I love that place.
Know the second lowest spot in the western hemisphere as well. But then every self respecting performance boater knows where that is.

I was gonna give you a break but you had to take it too far...self respecting? Oh come on! ;)

Finally, I get to serve it to you! How's that taste! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
11-12-2013, 06:58 AM

Yup....especially after they look at this :D

gn7
11-12-2013, 07:12 AM
I was gonna give you a break but you had to take it too far...self respecting? Oh come on! ;)

Finally, I get to serve it to you! How's that taste! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Are you saying all performance boaters have self respect? :lmao

I could have said "any boater worth his salt", but that would have been way corny

gn7
11-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Yup....especially after they look at this :D

Yep, its on there. But there is a reason its has a special meaning to high performance boats.
The Dead Sea would be the ultimate performance boaters paradise, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But damn it would be bad ass to put a boat on the piece of water.

Eli
11-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Are you saying all performance boaters have self respect? :lmao

I could have said "any boater worth his salt", but that would have been way corny

Um...I was only referencing 1 guy. ;)

Disclosure: for all those who think I'm referring to someone else. I'm referring to gn7.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Some updates from today.

We started in Hesperia this morning and first stop was Pioneer town just outside of Yucca Valley....cool place if you've not been there. Apparently this was built as a Hollywood movie stage and lived on through multiple movies and has a hotel and bands on the weekend.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/by7yvabe.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/aha7y4ut.jpg

Then on home through 29 Palms, lunch at Strokes in Parker and home. All in all 848 miles in 3 days.....lots of great scenery on my trusty stead http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/3evebe6u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/13/e3azuny6.jpg and good times with friends :thumb: