PDA

View Full Version : Is there a faster way to post video?

Skav
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I have 3 or 4 videos from Monster Bash, but they are pretty big. I'm trying to upload to youtube now and it says 800mins remaining.

Is there a quicker way?

Is anybody interested in editing?

Skav
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
I just checked, and it only has 650mins remaining. It's flying now;)

kevnmcd
11-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Is there a way to make the video size smaller? I am trying to download them from the box and it has been going for 3 hours at 140KB/sec! :sleeping:

Skav
11-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Is there a way to make the video size smaller? I am trying to download them from the box and it has been going for 3 hours at 140KB/sec! :sleeping:
It could be because the files are 3-4 gb each. I'm editing some of the poker run videos now. The videos on the river are 0312-0314. You don't need to download all of them.

HB Vic
11-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Those are huge. I've been using Vimeo lately, seems fairly fast. Most of the delay is going to be your connection speed for the most part.

Skav
11-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Upload speed could be a bit faster , but I'm syncing Dropbox and uploading to YouTube at the same time.

Oh well;)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/dajyvava.jpg

kevnmcd
11-08-2013, 04:58 PM
It could be because the files are 3-4 gb each. I'm editing some of the poker run videos now. The videos on the river are 0312-0314. You don't need to download all of them.

Ok. Got those two. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Skav
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Ok. Got those two. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you got them. There were also a few more pictures in the folder.

That was the perfect river run.

Cigalert
11-08-2013, 08:52 PM
In order to upload faster you would need to run through editing software to knock down the raw file sizes. I edit and save everything in a h.264 format (technically mpeg4). Youtube/vimeo will take multiple types of files i.e.-wmv, mpeg, mov, mpeg4, flv (usually standard android mobile phone video types)...but those are all codecs. The difference between truly raw HD video and a "codeced" or edited HD video of the same exact thing will be considerably smaller in size (depending on your settings). If you're uploading 3-4 minute videos to youtube/vimeo it shouldn't be more than 3-500MB. If your into the multiple gig realm....well, you're gonna have to wait a while.

I only save to H.264 so I can archive edited HD footage without re-editing later. I have all footage complete in individual files but my 6T of storage is going away quickly. I need to start looking a petabyte storage.

Skav
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
In order to upload faster you would need to run through editing software to knock down the raw file sizes. I edit and save everything in a h.264 format (technically mpeg4). Youtube/vimeo will take multiple types of files i.e.-wmv, mpeg, mov, mpeg4, flv (usually standard android mobile phone video types)...but those are all codecs. The difference between truly raw HD video and a "codeced" or edited HD video of the same exact thing will be considerably smaller in size (depending on your settings). If you're uploading 3-4 minute videos to youtube/vimeo it shouldn't be more than 3-500MB. If your into the multiple gig realm....well, you're gonna have to wait a while.

I only save to H.264 so I can archive edited HD footage without re-editing later. I have all footage complete in individual files but my 6T of storage is going away quickly. I need to start looking a petabyte storage.

Thanks for the tips.

This is the raw video from the GoPro. I just imported into iMovie, so I'll cut it down, then upload. That should work better.

McRib
11-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Stop one. Do them separately? Could be ur computer

Sharp shooter
11-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the tips.

This is the raw video from the GoPro. I just imported into iMovie, so I'll cut it down, then upload. That should work better.

That slow upload speed you're working with is your biggest problem IMO.

McRib
11-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Is it from ur phone?