PDA

View Full Version : The Healthcare Debacle

Stainless
11-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Just spent 2 hours in a presentation for 3 options. Still confused, but I think it boils down to "do you feel lucky punk, well do you"?

CH3NO2

314joey
11-07-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure if we can get into it here, but it's not good, all I can say is we've paid for our own health insurance since I retired in 2006 and we're hosed now.

Stainless
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure if we can get into it here, but it's not good, all I can say is we've paid for our own health insurance since I retired in 2006 and we're hosed now.

Yup

CH3NO2

Wendi
11-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm curious if anyone has been quoted under the new healthcare and did they save money? A guy on FB, older gentleman said he saved quite a bit . I went on coveredca.com and trying to navigate to get a quote is frustrating so I'm not sure.

314joey
11-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Just giving info on what's happening to us and not my opinion on the government involvement in health care, we got our letter last week, we're both healthy and our premiums went up, we have a individual policy for just Terri and I since we don't work anymore, plus the deductible went up and the really bad thing is we have to find some kind of other insurance as of December 2014 because thanks to what's going on ours won't be available anymore.........................just a bad deal, I was happy, now I'm not, pretty simple for me.

Wendi
11-07-2013, 11:54 AM
That really sucks. Well when you're hearing they can finance you that tells me it's going
To be expensive. Kaiser cancelled over 400,000 insurance policies already that is what I heard from an individual who has kaiser insurance. It's gong to get really ugly come 3/31/14.

314joey
11-07-2013, 12:05 PM
I guess I've got to say at least one thing, I know it was a great thing to try and help people that can't get or afford health care, but it shouldn't be at the expense of all the rest of us, I'm not saying they shouldn't have done something, just not something that hurt everyone else, enough said, sorry hotboat, I'm done with this thread.

Bobby V
11-07-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm curious if anyone has been quoted under the new healthcare and did they save money? A guy on FB, older gentleman said he saved quite a bit . I went on coveredca.com and trying to navigate to get a quote is frustrating so I'm not sure.

When Romney Care was implemented in Mass they had a year to be able to sign up. On average it took 18 visits to the web site to sign up. My insurance hasn't changed at all.

Stainless
11-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Mine is going up $100/pay period(26) plus deductible $1000 ind / $2000 fam, that I did not have to pay before. Co-pays went up too. :Banane21:

On the bright side there are mandatory free prostrate exams to see how much more money they cab dig out of my ass. :bowdown:

I love it! :cowdodo:

Ziggy
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Sure love the way they drilled in the fact, which is clearly stated on the Obamination website, that we can keep the insurance we have if we like it as an out and out lie by our leader.:thumbdown::mad:
Its becoming clearly evident that the people who buy their own health insurance and are not part of a group policy are the ones taking it in the ass big time.
Welcome to socialized medicine, best to start your estate planning earlier.
It so focking stupid to punish the working class and hand it to the 3rd generation welfarians.:(:rolleyes::mad: multiply that by a state that gives top notch care to those here illegally......grrrrrrr. I can't afford to work anymore.
From my POS T-mobile thingie

RVRKID
11-07-2013, 01:02 PM
My sister just got cancelled last week.. this is what she put:
Wow, thanks President Obama, you said we could keep our existing Health Insurance and Doctor, you lied!! I just received my letter of cancellation, and I am a single mother supporting 3 children, 1 in college
Also I hear we all have to have maternity insurance also..LOL

Stainless
11-07-2013, 01:04 PM
My sister just got cancelled last week.. this is what she put:
Wow, thanks President Obama, you said we could keep our existing Health Insurance and Doctor, you lied!! I just received my letter of cancellation, and I am a single mother supporting 3 children, 1 in college
Also I hear we all have to have maternity insurance also..LOL

Wow, that really sucks!! This whole thing ia a:badidea:!!!!!

Eli
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I guess I've got to say at least one thing, I know it was a great thing to try and help people that can't get or afford health care, but it shouldn't be at the expense of all the rest of us, I'm not saying they shouldn't have done something, just not something that hurt everyone else, enough said, sorry hotboat, I'm done with this thread.

There was a preexisting option. There are many government funded medical facilities that have excellent care but your payment is based on your income. So you pay what you can afford. I was on the board of directors for one in SD and they provide excellent medical services.

This whole thing became a cluster fuck! This isn't the first time a good intention became a bad implementation.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

riverrunner1984
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
This is only the tip ice burg guys, it will get worse.....What about all the people whom are cancelled by their insurance as of Dec 2013, cant sign up on the jacked up website or cant afford the new policy and get in an accident in Jan....They will be fucked....This will get alot worse in my opinion.

Ziggy
11-07-2013, 04:07 PM
There was a preexisting option. There are many government funded medical facilities that have excellent care but your payment is based on your income. So you pay what you can afford. I was on the board of directors for one in SD and they provide excellent medical services.

This whole thing became a cluster fuck! This isn't the first time a good intention became a bad implementation.

Sent from my Bat Cave...
Good intentions perhaps but never well designed from get go. O needed to get this done by both parties.

This is only the tip ice burg guys, it will get worse.....What about all the people whom are cancelled by their insurance as of Dec 2013, cant sign up on the jacked up website or cant afford the new policy and get in an accident in Jan....They will be fucked....This will get alot worse in my opinion.

Egads:eek:, the Federal Government certainly wouldn't be liable, of course:rolleyes:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Stainless
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Check the headline that just came over;http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/a5apytyj.jpg

CH3NO2

wolfie
11-10-2013, 08:47 PM
If you wonder if the government can run a healthcare system, all you have to ask yourselves is, has there ever been a program that the government initiates that runs well, without a lot of red tape, runs on a budget, isn't wrought with waste and fraud, and is done timely??

The future that we can all look forward to is a Kaiser run by the same people that run DMV or Social Security Administration and staffed the same way.