PDA

View Full Version : In the middle of no where.

Ziggy
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Or at least it sure felt like it when I buried the truck to the axle when I stopped for a pee break.
Yup, took the dirt road south on Rice rd on our way home last night. Normal potty break spot for many but someone else was there and normally the wife would say something so I proceded ahead 1/2 mile or so along the trail, noticing it became kinda sandy I flipped the 4x switch. Stopped and backed into a spot that looked solid, started forward and the tail sank immediately, couple of desperate revs and LR tire spinning freely.
FOOOOOOOCK!
Yelled at myself for 5 minutes, flailed around for a few more minutes before assessing the situation.
One tiny LED flashlight. Picturing spending the night there was a motivator. As luck had it, I'm a recycle junkie and under the tonneau the bed was essentially full of cardboard.:)
An hours worth of digging with hands and plastic tupperware lids, stuffed as much cardboard under both back wheels, bush branches and handfulls of stones. Aired way down which worried me most because it let the diff dig deeper yet.
So with Fingers Crossed we gave it a try and popped right out. Yea Ford, lol:thumbup::p
So be warned, the ground up that way is deceptive. Trail was sandy but drivable, off the trail it felt rock solid like normal hard pack dirt. The top inch or two hard so feels normal walking on it but once it cracked it was like quicksand soft.
I would say it felt like being on thin ice.
Anyhow, had to drive sloooooooow the 19 miles to Chiriaco with -20psi in each tire. Took at least 10 minutes for each tire to get full enough. I was grateful the air was free though:D:D:D
From my POS T-mobile thingie

Ziggy
11-06-2013, 09:10 PM
On top of all that I'm doing this shit with a swollen knee I blew 2 ligaments in last week:rolleyes:

Wendi
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Just curious why do you have to stop for a pee break on Rice Road from Havasu?? What a bummer though...

11-06-2013, 09:21 PM
That would have never happened if you owned a Chevy. :happy:

Glad to hear you got it out. :thumbup:

WMC
11-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Glad you made it out

sent from WMC's phone

McRib
11-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Just curious why do you have to stop for a pee break on Rice Road from Havasu?? What a bummer though...

Old people have weak bladders. Lol

28eliminator
11-06-2013, 09:28 PM

Do you have a prostate? I didn't think so... Be nice now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Wendi
11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh wow people have been calling you out and you finally show up.

28eliminator
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
That would have never happened if you owned a Chevy. :happy:

Glad to hear you got it out. :thumbup:

If he had a Chevy he would still be there :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Wendi
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Do you have a prostate? I didn't think so... Be nice now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) Well excuse me!!! I ride with the General we aren't allowed to drink anything or stop to pee. I'm doing the potty dance when I get to my place.

McRib
11-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh wow people have been calling you out and you finally show up.

Calling me out? Huh? What did I miss? Where?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wendi
11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Calling me out? Huh? What did I miss? Where?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Good morning and ass

2FORCEFULL
11-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Or at least it sure felt like it when I buried the truck to the axle when I stopped for a pee break.
Yup, took the dirt road south on Rice rd on our way home last night. Normal potty break spot for many but someone else was there and normally the wife would say something so I proceded ahead 1/2 mile or so along the trail, noticing it became kinda sandy I flipped the 4x switch. Stopped and backed into a spot that looked solid, started forward and the tail sank immediately, couple of desperate revs and LR tire spinning freely.
FOOOOOOOCK!
Yelled at myself for 5 minutes, flailed around for a few more minutes before assessing the situation.
One tiny LED flashlight. Picturing spending the night there was a motivator. As luck had it, I'm a recycle junkie and under the tonneau the bed was essentially full of cardboard.:)
An hours worth of digging with hands and plastic tupperware lids, stuffed as much cardboard under both back wheels, bush branches and handfulls of stones. Aired way down which worried me most because it let the diff dig deeper yet.
So with Fingers Crossed we gave it a try and popped right out. Yea Ford, lol:thumbup::p
So be warned, the ground up that way is deceptive. Trail was sandy but drivable, off the trail it felt rock solid like normal hard pack dirt. The top inch or two hard so feels normal walking on it but once it cracked it was like quicksand soft.
I would say it felt like being on thin ice.
Anyhow, had to drive sloooooooow the 19 miles to Chiriaco with -20psi in each tire. Took at least 10 minutes for each tire to get full enough. I was grateful the air was free though:D:D:D

you go a mile off the road to go pee pee???wth do you do squat???? lol....

Eli
11-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Sorry Ziggy! Stick with paved roads, it's easier.

So are bathrooms ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

WMC
11-07-2013, 04:55 AM

Lol:eek:

sent from WMC's phone

Paul65K
11-07-2013, 05:26 AM

Dude......he had Jan with him......give the "Gimp" a break :bash:

Unforgiven
11-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Well excuse me!!! I ride with the General we aren't allowed to drink anything or stop to pee. I'm doing the potty dance when I get to my place.

i've seen you do the potty dance while you were drinking...not a pretty sight...

Wendi
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
i've seen you do the potty dance while you were drinking...not a pretty sight...

Screw you bunch a BS

Ziggy
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Well Ribster kinda is right, sorta

Not weak, just older.:D

Well excuse me!!! I ride with the General we aren't allowed to drink anything or stop to pee. I'm doing the potty dance when I get to my place.
That used to be me too. But Jan has had a few bladder issues so I just go with the flow, so to speak. I think her not drinking much during the drives contributed to her bladder dealio.

I'd have peed on the other guys' tires but Jan likes to not moon people if it can be helped.
Worse part of the story is she said once we got stuck she didn't need to go anyhow.lmao. and of course she said she would've been fine near the other truck(all in hindsight of course:rolleyes:).