PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Silverado SS

niceguyeddie
11-05-2013, 06:40 PM
So I'm thinking about buying a SS. I haven't owned an extended cab truck in a while so I'm a little concerned about that. Then again I rarely drag people around town anyways and who cares about comfort. I'm not sitting back there right? LOL... I have a 4 door sedan so If I needed a "real" back seat I have that.

I'm pretty sure they get terrible mpgs (especially the all wheel drive ones), but I don't care about mpgs as it's not a daily driver. I don't tow a lot of weight so I'm thinking it should get the job done...

Has anyone here owned one? Would you buy another?

niceguyeddie
11-05-2013, 06:44 PM
I can't figure out what hell I want. The new silverados don't excite me enough to get back into payments. I'm starting to think an SUV is pointless. I thought about buying F250 with a 7.3 but then I just know I'm gonna start modifying the hell out of so it doesn't look so old and dated..... And I just sold a lifted truck as they're a pain in the ass to own.:blah::bangmyhead:

This might be the right next truck... I dunno

Napanutt
11-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Extended cab is the way to go. Just don't get a quad cab short bed, waste of a truck in my opinion. I've go an 02 2500 extended cab standard bed. Still a fairly long truck for everyday driver but sure is nice to have a quasi back seat and a full bed.

niceguyeddie
11-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Extended cab is the way to go. Just don't get a quad cab short bed, waste of a truck in my opinion. I've go an 02 2500 extended cab standard bed. Still a fairly long truck for everyday driver but sure is nice to have a quasi back seat and a full bed.

I've had 4 crew cab trucks and I rarely ever had people in the back seat. I've been looking at 05-07 1500 crew cabs but I'm not a huge fan of the baby bed. Then I sit there and think, "Now what can I do to it so I won't walk out into a parking lot and be confused to which one is mine". My buddy went from a crew cab to an ext cab about a year ago and swears its the best decision he ever made. lol... However his is a work truck. I want something "fun" to drive. My Cadillac is just whatever, but it was bought to be a commuter so no big deal... I wan't something that does burnouts and pisses off old people. :thumbsUp:

stoker22405
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I did a 6.0 conversion Motor on this...Makes about 415 HP.....Fun daily driver

I've had 4 crew cab trucks and I rarely ever had people in the back seat. I've been looking at 05-07 1500 crew cabs but I'm not a huge fan of the baby bed. Then I sit there and think, "Now what can I do to it so I won't walk out into a parking lot and be confused to which one is mine". My buddy went from a crew cab to an ext cab about a year ago and swears its the best decision he ever made. lol... However his is a work truck. I want something "fun" to drive. My Cadillac is just whatever, but it was bought to be a commuter so no big deal... I wan't something that does burnouts and pisses off old people. :thumbsUp:

rivergames
11-06-2013, 01:45 PM

I still love that truck :yes:

niceguyeddie
11-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Nice. I plan to put a huge cam and etc in mine! I spent a few hours on the SS forums last night learning about them. I have some more research to do, but I'm 98% sure this is the truck I'm gonna buy!

This is gonna be a fun build once I find one...
http://youtu.be/vC5BLylp4gM

icb1
11-07-2013, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=stoker22405;51076]I did a 6.0 conversion Motor on this...Makes about 415 HP.....Fun daily driver

24468[/QUOTE

What did it have originally was it a pretty simple swap? I have a 6.0 and i have been told the 6.2 is a direct swap including computer. What did you have to do to get 415 hp from the 6.0?

icb1
11-07-2013, 08:05 AM

BTW nice truck.....

stoker22405
11-07-2013, 10:38 AM
It had a 4.8...It was a direct swap with comp. Did headers and tune .

[QUOTE=stoker22405;51076]I did a 6.0 conversion Motor on this...Makes about 415 HP.....Fun daily driver

24468[/QUOTE

What did it have originally was it a pretty simple swap? I have a 6.0 and i have been told the 6.2 is a direct swap including computer. What did you have to do to get 415 hp from the 6.0?

niceguyeddie
11-07-2013, 04:41 PM
It had a 4.8...It was a direct swap with comp. Did headers and tune .

[QUOTE=icb1;51460]

Your truck is pretty f'n clean! Post more pics! What size tire, wheel and drop did you go with? I think I'm gonna have to bag the rear for when I tow....

BTW- If anyone knows of a clean black SS, 2wd (not a deal breaker), under 100k miles and preferably unmolested let me know. ... Silver Birch is my 2nd choice color, but it would have to be priced well.

stoker22405
11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Lowered 4" in front 6" rear...C notch frame with rear air bags. 20" wheels....Air bags are a must if you are going to tow....

[QUOTE=stoker22405;51517]It had a 4.8...It was a direct swap with comp. Did headers and tune .

Your truck is pretty f'n clean! Post more pics! What size tire, wheel and drop did you go with? I think I'm gonna have to bag the rear for when I tow....

BTW- If anyone knows of a clean black SS, 2wd (not a deal breaker), under 100k miles and preferably unmolested let me know. ... Silver Birch is my 2nd choice color, but it would have to be priced well.