PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day! Nov 28

Eli
11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I know it is a little early, but Thanksgiving Day is my favorite holiday (not including our Birthday of course). I love it because I get to share one of my favorite things I love to do, which is cook, with the people I love. It's a holiday about being with the people you love and there are no gifts involved. I have tons of recipes and will gladly share them all with you. This is my traditional menu:

1. Prime Rib
2. Deep Fried Turkey (My BILs now make this)
3. Stuffing
4. Mashed Potatoes
5. Cranberry Relish
6. Steamed Broccoli
7. Corn on the Cob
8. Cucumber & Tomato Balsamic Salad
9. Gravy (I use canned...this is one thing I always screw up)
10. Wine Braised Venison

Appetizers I make (I confiscate these around 2 pm)
1. Seafood Bruschetta
2. Jalepeno, Artichoke dip
3. Guacamole
4. Salsa

Dessert
1. Butterfinger Chocolate Cake
2. Neapolitan Mud Pie
3. My sister's buy a pumpkin and berry pie too

With the exception of 4 or 5 years, Every year since I was 14 everyone comes over my house around 10 we watch football while I cook and everyone eats.

This year I will be going to my aunt's house in Tarzana and we are doing a potluck. If you happen to live in the area and would like to join a crazy family for Thanksgiving please PM me. The more the merrier and no one should be alone on Turkey Day!

What do you do for Thanksgiving and what's your favorite thing to eat?

Here are some pics...they are blurry but they looked great when I took them :D

Prime rib
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/apa5uryh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/vamavyvu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/ugeguhum.jpg
Cucumber tomato balsamic salad
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/u4aruqys.jpg
Seafood Bruschetta
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/ha7aby6y.jpg
Cranberry Relish
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/nusysada.jpg

My BIL made jalapeƱo corn bread
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/yqyhudy5.jpg

gn7
11-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Turkey day is the best day of the year, including my birthday. The 4th is number 2.

314joey
11-04-2013, 11:45 AM
That prime rib looks yummy, usually we do the traditional turkey with all the goodies, but this year we're talking about getting a Honey Baked Ham and do all the goodies ourselves, just to switch it up this year, maybe have turkey for Christmas.

HB Vic
11-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Your birthday is on Thanksgiving day??

Eli
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Your birthday is on Thanksgiving day??

No, but my birthday is my favorite holiday! :party-smiley-020:

HB Vic
11-04-2013, 12:07 PM

Lol...

gn7
11-04-2013, 12:09 PM

Just ONE day??

Eli
11-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Just ONE day??

We've never met you, but damn you know us so well!

August 18: our bday
Nov 18: 1/4 bday
Feb 18: 1/2 bday
May 18: 3/4 bday

YES I celebrate them all!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Paul65K
11-04-2013, 12:32 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave...

November 18th.........was my Mom's B-Day :thumb:

Eli
11-04-2013, 01:33 PM
November 18th.........was my Mom's B-Day :thumb:

Well even more reason to celebrate!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

ChumpChange
11-04-2013, 01:34 PM
November 27th is Mattison's 1st Birthday!!!!

314joey
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM

What only one day, what about the pre-birthday, the birthday, then the post-birthday.

Eli
11-04-2013, 01:43 PM
What only one day, what about the pre-birthday, the birthday, then the post-birthday.

I thought I started a Thanksgiving Day thread lol

You guys haven't known me long, but I can't seem to get anything passed you!

I celebrate My Birth Month and if any of the 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 birthdays fall on a Sun-Thurs I celebrate the weekend before through the weekend after.

Now, what's your favorite side dish? Do you cook?

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
turkey
mash taters
lots of gravy
dressing
sweet taters
green beans
crescent rolls
apple crumb cobbler

dayme, now I'm friggin' hungry and we're having chinese for dinner, not turkey.

Stainless
11-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Back on track...the food you cooked and posted pics of looks delicious Eli, yum! ;)
Unforgiven just stated a thread about cooking Prime rib that looks delicious also! :)

Eli
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Back on track...the food you cooked and posted pics of looks delicious Eli, yum! ;)
Unforgiven just stated a thread about cooking Prime rib that looks delicious also! :)

Thanks! What do you do on Turkey Day?

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Stainless
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks! What do you do on Turkey Day?

Sent from my Bat Cave...

KFT

:partyguy: :drinkin:

sorry, couldn't help it, now I'm derailing your thread

Eli
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
KFT

:partyguy: :drinkin:

sorry, couldn't help it, now I'm derailing your thread

Kentucky Fried Turkey? Do they make it?

This thread started out derailed! I'm about to post pictures of breasts to work something out :)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Eli
11-04-2013, 02:24 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/eduzeba3.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Stainless
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/05/eduzeba3.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave...
:LMAOsmiley: ...the implants are leaking

Eli
11-04-2013, 02:30 PM

I laughed so loud they heard me in the next building...because I fell out of my chair! ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Some succulent breasts there.

chevellesb406
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Just pouring one out for the homies.

niceguyeddie
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Holy Moly! Can I come over for Thanksgiving?

Eli
11-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Holy Moly! Can I come over for Thanksgiving?

You're so funny...I bet you looked at the pictures and didn't read anything I wrote...yes you can come over.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

havaduner
11-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanksgiving is my daughters favorite holiday. She does all the cooking, except the turkey cause I fry that.
She'll do breakfast, and then start in on all her recipes of what ever she's doing for dinner (usually all the standards) and apple pie for dessert. Well, she might make something else for dessert, but I wont eat anything else but apple pie so she makes that for me.

havaduner
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanksgiving is my daughters favorite holiday. She does all the cooking, except the turkey cause I fry that.
She'll do breakfast, and then start in on all her recipes of what ever she's doing for dinner (usually all the standards) and apple pie for dessert. Well, she might make something else for dessert, but I wont eat anything else but apple pie so she makes that for me.

Oh yeah, we'll be doing this while in Havasu!!

niceguyeddie
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
You're so funny...I bet you looked at the pictures and didn't read anything I wrote...yes you can come over.

Sent from my Bat Cave...

I didn't see words! Just food!

Eli
11-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah, we'll be doing this while in Havasu!!
Sounds fantastic!

I didn't see words! Just food!

Typical man :grumble:grumble:rolleyes

Wendi
11-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Eli the food looks amazing. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!!! It's also my bday month. We spend every other Thanksgiving at the river. This year we will be at the river for 10 days with our river families! Cooking Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade macaroni n. cheese, salad (Eli PM that salad recipe looks amazing), dressing! Day after thanksgiving we have turkey sandwiches and Saturday WMC uses the leftover hamhock and makes homemade split pea soup (the bomb)....

Eli
11-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Eli the food looks amazing. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!!! It's also my bday month. We spend every other Thanksgiving at the river. This year we will be at the river for 10 days with our river families! Cooking Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade macaroni n. cheese, salad (Eli PM that salad recipe looks amazing), dressing! Day after thanksgiving we have turkey sandwiches and Saturday WMC uses the leftover hamhock and makes homemade split pea soup (the bomb)....

Persian cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I get my balsamic vinegar and olive oil from We Olive. The blackberry balsamic is great!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Wendi
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Persian cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I get my balsamic vinegar and olive oil from We Olive. The blackberry balsamic is great!

Sent from my Bat Cave... Thanks girl. I'm going to make this. I love the Persian cucumbers...

Eli
11-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Bump

Sent from my Bat Cave

Zander
11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Aha, so this is what you eat at thanksgiving. Nerver really knew :P
Thanks for sharing Eli.
Mind if I go OT here and tell you guys about some special hollydays in Sweden? :)

riverrunner1984
11-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Eli, can you send me the Seafood Brochette recipe please? Sounds so BOMB!

We are doing Turkey day at my house this year for 18-20 peeps.
As of now the menu consists of:

Fried Turkey
Smoked Turkey
Ham
Mashed Potato
Sweet potato
gravy
rolls
cranberry sauce
mac'n'cheese
Green Bean Casserole
stuffing
Green salad (for the one Vegetarian)

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pike
Pecan Pie
Minced Meat Pie
Apple cheese cake bars
Peach cobbler

Think that covers it.

Eli
11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Aha, so this is what you eat at thanksgiving. Nerver really knew :P
Thanks for sharing Eli.
Mind if I go OT here and tell you guys about some special hollydays in Sweden? :)

Please tell us! I'd love to know.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
11-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Eli, can you send me the Seafood Brochette recipe please? Sounds so BOMB!

We are doing Turkey day at my house this year for 18-20 peeps.
As of now the menu consists of:

Fried Turkey
Smoked Turkey
Ham
Mashed Potato
Sweet potato
gravy
rolls
cranberry sauce
mac'n'cheese
Green Bean Casserole
stuffing
Green salad (for the one Vegetarian)

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pike
Pecan Pie
Minced Meat Pie
Apple cheese cake bars
Peach cobbler

Think that covers it.

Definitely! It's super easy too!

Sent from my Bat Cave

WESTERNAERO
11-13-2013, 03:02 PM
I love the Persian cucumbers...

:shhh::shhh:

hbchgirl
11-13-2013, 03:38 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Your 1/2 bday is my bday!!! :action-smiley-035::party-smiley-020:

Your pictures made me hungry!!! Everything looks delish! I'm going to try that cucumber/tomato salad sometime. We try to alternate going to the river and staying local. This year we'll be in Parker with NRI's fam. I'm sure his mom is making the usual suspects. NRI and I don't eat meat anymore, so I'm making vegetarian lasagna and a brussel sprouts & kale shaved salad and possibly dressing (without meat). I'm looking forward to mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pink salad and pumpkin pie (along with the items we're bringing)!

Eli
11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Your 1/2 bday is my bday!!! :action-smiley-035::party-smiley-020:

Your pictures made me hungry!!! Everything looks delish! I'm going to try that cucumber/tomato salad sometime. We try to alternate going to the river and staying local. This year we'll be in Parker with NRI's fam. I'm sure his mom is making the usual suspects. NRI and I don't eat meat anymore, so I'm making vegetarian lasagna and a brussel sprouts & kale shaved salad and possibly dressing (without meat). I'm looking forward to mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pink salad and pumpkin pie (along with the items we're bringing)!

We will have to party!!! I'm hoping to be in FL then ;)

I love thanksgiving and all the food you're having sounds great!

Sent from my Bat Cave

pvhca1
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Holidays with my family are usually quite insane and entertaining. I'm the baby of nine, there are 8 of us left, (RIP-Brother Mike), we are Sicilian so of course arguing is a tradition, stand up Philosophers are everywhere, LOL!! Turkey day is pretty traditional, roasted and deep fried turkeys(both from Shelton's) shout out to my boy Brian the owner, a ham, usually a Kruze Smoked boneless from Hottingers and all the sides you could imagine. Dinner will consist of minimum of 35 people, Italian stuffed mushrooms, brussell sprouts with pancetta, yams, candied yams, Italian green beans, cranberry relish, Italian stuffing, mac n cheese, a huge salad, rolls, plenty of olives, pickles, veggie's and cheeses(app. platter crap) and of course some "Vegan Bullshit" for one of my pussy nephews(lol), and my two nieces. Pies of many flavors and a ton of "Vino", beers as well.

I love the holidays but nothing compares to our Traditional Italian Christmas eve dinner.

Of course I wake up Turkey day to bloodies and football all day, Go Cowboys!!

hbchgirl
11-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Holidays with my family are usually quite insane and entertaining. I'm the baby of nine, there are 8 of us left, (RIP-Brother Mike), we are Sicilian so of course arguing is a tradition, stand up Philosophers are everywhere, LOL!! Turkey day is pretty traditional, roasted and deep fried turkeys(both from Shelton's) shout out to my boy Brian the owner, a ham, usually a Kruze Smoked boneless from Hottingers and all the sides you could imagine. Dinner will consist of minimum of 35 people, Italian stuffed mushrooms, brussell sprouts with pancetta, yams, candied yams, Italian green beans, cranberry relish, Italian stuffing, mac n cheese, a huge salad, rolls, plenty of olives, pickles, veggie's and cheeses(app. platter crap) and of course some "Vegan Bullshit" for one of my pussy nephews(lol), and my two nieces. Pies of many flavors and a ton of "Vino", beers as well.

I love the holidays but nothing compares to our Traditional Italian Christmas eve dinner.

Sounds amazing!!!

Eli
11-13-2013, 04:45 PM

May I have your Italian stuffed mushroom and stuffing recipes?

Sounds like a ton of fun and like my crazy family!

Sent from my Bat Cave

pvhca1
11-13-2013, 04:47 PM
May I have your Italian stuffed mushroom and stuffing recipes?

Sounds like a ton of fun and like my crazy family!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I'll bring my cousins cookbook tomorrow and type it out, or I can shoot you a pic, I'll see what's easier.

Eli
11-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I'll bring my cousins cookbook tomorrow and type it out, or I can shoot you a pic, I'll see what's easier.

Shoot a pic that's way easier!
Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
11-13-2013, 05:39 PM

What's in Italian Stuffing?

NRI
11-13-2013, 05:48 PM
We'll be in Parker this year for thanksgiving. I don't really look forward to eating much of anything these days... although, a Newcastle sounds tasty! That's about the only thing that sometimes sounds/tastes good. Pre-cancer, I LOVED eating everything. I wasn't "chubby" for nothing. lol Hope to see some of you at the races or the Desert Bar that weekend.

Zander
11-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Please tell us! I'd love to know.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Alrighty, here goes :)

One holiday that I think only we Swedes cellibrate is "Midsommarafton" or Midsummer eve.
You eat fresh potatoes, herring and drink swedish vodka. Its our nr.2 most drunk holiday after new year. You dance around the midsummer pole. Which is basicly a big penis up sid down in the ground. Midsommarafton celibrates in mid June when the sun sits the highest.

Its my favorite holiday :)

Eli
11-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Alrighty, here goes :)

One holiday that I think only we Swedes cellibrate is "Midsommarafton" or Midsummer eve.
You eat fresh potatoes, herring and drink swedish vodka. Its our nr.2 most drunk holiday after new year. You dance around the midsummer pole. Which is basicly a big penis up sid down in the ground. Midsommarafton celibrates in mid June when the sun sits the highest.

Its my favorite holiday :)

That's not a upside down penis.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Zander
11-14-2013, 07:30 AM
That's not a upside down penis.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Well Its slightly modified. Use your imagination :). You get what im talking about? It was used to celibrate good thertality (spelling? )

Wendi
11-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Well Its slightly modified. Use your imagination :). You get what im talking about? It was used to celibrate good thertality (spelling? )

Yep looks like a pointy arrow penis to me lol

Eli
11-14-2013, 08:06 AM

We're gonna have to back...way back into time ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Zander
11-14-2013, 08:12 AM
We're gonna have to back...way back into time ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yea it was not yesterday thats for sure :D

Eli
11-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Yea it was not yesterday thats for sure :D

What are you trying to say? ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Zander
11-14-2013, 08:44 AM
What are you trying to say? ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave
Have I misunderstood anything? Midsummer is a old tradition that was My point. Could just be my crap english that made things wrong ;)

Eli
11-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Have I misunderstood anything? Midsummer is a old tradition that was My point. Could just be my crap english that made things wrong ;)

Zander, when I doubt I'm being a pervert! That should help ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Zander
11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Zander, when I doubt I'm being a pervert! That should help ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Oh.. :D :D :D :D

WMC
11-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeah!25296

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah!25296

Love it!!!

WMC what's your favorite dish?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
11-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Love it!!!

WMC what's your favorite dish?

Sent from my Bat Cave Oh that was me under his login (other computer). Mine is stuffing.

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh that was me under his login (other computer). Mine is stuffing.

You're too funny!

Pvhca1 has an Italian stuffing I wanna try!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
You're too funny!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I saw that e said e was going to post up a picture and recipe paging PVHCa1

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:17 PM
I saw that e said e was going to post up a picture and recipe paging PVHCa1

I was going for the subtle hint...I prefer your approach.

PAGING PVHCA1...

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
11-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Eli said she would send me the Seafood Brochette recipe also! Paging Eli lol

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:24 PM

I was just thinking about that this morning! My bad. I've gotta put it in my calendar for when I get home. That one is in my head so I have to type it up.

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I was just thinking about that this morning! My bad. I've gotta put it in my calendar for when I get home. That one is in my head so I have to type it up.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Sweet thanks! I was just giving you a hard time though, I could have waited just one more day. Im going to see if I can talk Kim into making it this weekend!

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Sweet thanks! I was just giving you a hard time though, I could have waited just one more day. Im going to see if I can talk Kim into making it this weekend!

It's super easy!

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I just want some pumpkin pie with loads of cool whip.

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:33 PM
I just want some pumpkin pie with loads of cool whip.

What do you top your pumpkin pie with?

Sent from my Bat Cave

314joey
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
What do you top your pumpkin pie with?

Sent from my Bat Cave

This stuff.

Eli
11-14-2013, 02:46 PM
This stuff.

Nice bikini

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
11-14-2013, 03:07 PM
You're too funny!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Me too! Did we ever find out what's in it???

Eli
11-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Me too! Did we ever find out what's in it???

Not yet

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM

2 loaves French bread baguettes
2 cans crab meat
2 lbs shrimp
8 oz parmesan cheese
4 fresh tomatoes chopped
1 red onion finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh finely chopped chives
1/4 cup fresh finely chopped basil
4 garlic coves finely chopped
Olive oil, I use a quality oil from We Olive.

Sautee the shrimp in 4 table spoons olive oil until cooked, remove from heat and chop. In a mixing bowl add all ingredient, except parmesan cheese, and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then cut the baguettes into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Place the baguettes flat on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil on each baguette then add mixed ingredients on each baguette. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you want the bread. If you place aluminum on the cookie sheet under the baguettes and spray it with a cooking spray, it will help make them crunchier. Remove and enjoy!

riverrunner1984
11-14-2013, 06:33 PM
2 cans crab meat
2 lbs shrimp
8 oz parmesan cheese
4 fresh tomatoes chopped

Sautee the shrimp in 4 table spoons olive oil until cooked, remove from heat and chop. In a mixing bowl add all ingredient, except parmesan cheese, and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then cut the baguettes into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Place the baguettes flat on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil on each baguette then add mixed ingredients on each baguette. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you want the bread. If you place aluminum on the cookie sheet under the baguettes and spray it with a cooking spray, it will help make them crunchier. Remove and enjoy!

WOW that sounds amazing! Just showed Kim and we are def making it this weekend! Thanks for sending it to me!

Eli
11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
WOW that sounds amazing! Just showed Kim and we are def making it this weekend! Thanks for sending it to me!

You're very welcome! Promise you'll give me a review after you taste it! A pic would be great too lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
2 cans crab meat
2 lbs shrimp
8 oz parmesan cheese
4 fresh tomatoes chopped

Oh I'm making these too, will post a review and pics!

Eli
11-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Oh I'm making these too, will post a review and pics!

Thank you!

Pvhca will be forwarding a pic of his recipes and asked me to post them for him. I'll do it as soon as he does.

Sent from my Bat Cave

riverrunner1984
11-14-2013, 08:10 PM
You're very welcome! Promise you'll give me a review after you taste it! A pic would be great too lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

Will do!

riverrunner1984
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM
2 cans crab meat
2 lbs shrimp
8 oz parmesan cheese
4 fresh tomatoes chopped

Made it last night and my was it SSSOOOOOOO good! Def added to the recipe book! Thanks again!

Eli
11-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Made it last night and my was it SSSOOOOOOO good! Def added to the recipe book! Thanks again!

Thank you so much!! Wow, I'm thrilled!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

riverrunner1984
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/4emase3u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/3ygy4aje.jpg

We went a lil crazy on the Parmesan that's what's excess on the sheet.

Eli
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/4emase3u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/3ygy4aje.jpg

We went a lil crazy on the Parmesan that's what's excess on the sheet.

Are those Kabobs? They look good!

I always do too!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/18/y2yhapev.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-18-2013, 09:26 AM
This is PVHCA1's recipes. If you can't make them out, I'll print them and type it up.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/19/ygaryzah.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/19/4a9a5avy.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

ChumpChange
11-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Well I was just informed that Turkey Day is at my house this year!

314joey
11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Bought a 14 lb Butterball today, it's just Terri and I this year, so we didn't want to go to big, next year all the kids.

riverrunner1984
11-19-2013, 01:53 PM

Our house also. From what I hear, there is going to be roughly 18 people at our house.....O joy, ill be sure to have plenty of beer for myself.

Eli
11-19-2013, 03:14 PM

Bought a 14 lb Butterball today, it's just Terri and I this year, so we didn't want to go to big, next year all the kids.

Our house also. From what I hear, there is going to be roughly 18 people at our house.....O joy, ill be sure to have plenty of beer for myself.

Sounds like fun!!! I love turkey day! Gobble gobble!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

WMC
11-19-2013, 03:49 PM
We are having Turkey day at the river leaving this Friday .ya buddy

sent from WMC's phone

Joker
11-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Spending Thanksgiving in La Quinta ( not at La Quinta Inn ), then heading down to ASU for the game vs U of A on Saturday, then Mastros in Scottsdale on Sunday.
Not what I would call relaxing.

Eli
11-19-2013, 09:55 PM
I will be staying local. I have to work the following day and my parents live 4+hrs away... So I'll just eat and watch football all day...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Go with me to my aunts house in Tarzana! We go for the day and come home at night. I can take 6 dates ;) you can meet all my hot cousins!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Is your cousin that goes to UCLA and was on that TV show gonna be there?:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

It's at her house! She better be there!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

rioracr
11-19-2013, 10:28 PM
thats an offer you can't pass up PR.........

Milkmoney
11-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Go with me to my aunts house in Tarzana! We go for the day and come home at night. I can take 6 dates ;) you can meet all my hot cousins!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Damn wish I could have that offer. Go for it.

riverrunner1984
11-20-2013, 07:51 AM
thats an offer you can't pass up PR.........

My thoughts exactly!

314joey
11-20-2013, 07:54 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

You got a date with Tarzan, WTF.

Eli
11-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Damn wish I could have that offer. Go for it.

You're welcome to come too! I can take 6 dates remember!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Eli
11-20-2013, 07:57 AM
You got a date with Tarzan, WTF.

No I'm into bats remember ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

hbchgirl
11-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Cheers!!!

Eli
11-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Cheers!!!

That's hilarious!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Wendi
11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Cheers!!!

I just read this outloud to WMC we were laughing!

Eli
11-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Pokey! My mother said you have to come to Thanksgiving Dinner!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

nowski
11-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I use to spend all of my single day's skiing in Utah for Thanksgiving. So I finally settle down and get married and suddenly Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning. In our honeymoon years we would go to Monterey the day before Thanksgiving and then spend Thanksgiving in San Francisco. San Francisco is a very festive place this time of year with lots to see and do. We did this for about the first ten years of our marriage and it was Great! Life changes as we get older and now we are hosting Thanksgiving for my Wife's immediate family. So I see how much my Wife works on this day to have her family come over year after year and do the same thing eat and run. My wife gets no help from anyone of her family members in the kitchen before or after dinner. So a couple of years ago I decide to do something a little different for Thanksgiving. I loaded up the bikes and went down to Huntington Beach and rode to Balboa Island and back. It was incredible, we had the whole beach to ourselves. We then went to Marie Callender's for our Thanksgiving Dinner, they even gave us a bag of food to go including pie. Went home and spent some quality time together and then left for the Turkey Night races at Irwindale Raceway. This was my best Thanksgiving Day in a long time. So this year we're going back to the same old eat and run routine and if it pans out this way again (I'm sure it will) I'll convince my Wife to do our own thing next year...

Eli
11-22-2013, 11:58 AM
I use to spend all of my single day's skiing in Utah for Thanksgiving. So I finally settle down and get married and suddenly Thanksgiving has a whole new meaning. In our honeymoon years we would go to Monterey the day before Thanksgiving and then spend Thanksgiving in San Francisco. San Francisco is a very festive place this time of year with lots to see and do. We did this for about the first ten years of our marriage and it was Great! Life changes as we get older and now we are hosting Thanksgiving for my Wife's immediate family. So I see how much my Wife works on this day to have her family come over year after year and do the same thing eat and run. My wife gets no help from anyone of her family members in the kitchen before or after dinner. So a couple of years ago I decide to do something a little different for Thanksgiving. I loaded up the bikes and went down to Huntington Beach and rode to Balboa Island and back. It was incredible, we had the whole beach to ourselves. We then went to Marie Callender's for our Thanksgiving Dinner, they even gave us a bag of food to go including pie. Went home and spent some quality time together and then left for the Turkey Night races at Irwindale Raceway. This was my best Thanksgiving Days in a long time. So this year we're going back to the same old eat and run routine and if it pans out this way again (I'm sure it will) I'll convince my Wife to do our own thing next year...

That's a great relaxing time! Is MC the place with the pumpkin cheesecake? That's so yummy!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

hbchgirl
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
That's a great relaxing time! Is MC the place with the pumpkin cheesecake? That's so yummy!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Trader Joe's has a really good Pumpkin Cheesecake! Just thaw and serve... my kind of baking! lol

Stainless
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for keeping your NHRA sticker visible! :cool

Eli
11-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Trader Joe's has a really good Pumpkin Cheesecake! Just thaw and serve... my kind of baking! lol

That sounds so yummy!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

2manymustangs
11-25-2013, 01:55 PM
You're welcome to come too! I can take 6 dates remember!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Hey Eli Mae, did you ever get the italian stuffed mushroom recipie that was discussed earlier in this thread??? Im going to try your bruschetta recipie too, they look great!!!

Eli
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
This is PVHCA1's recipes. If you can't make them out, I'll print them and type it up.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/19/ygaryzah.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/19/4a9a5avy.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Hey Eli Mae, did you ever get the italian stuffed mushroom recipie that was discussed earlier in this thread??? Im going to try your bruschetta recipie too, they look great!!!

Here you go. It's hard to read but maybe easier on a computer screen or or Printed out.

The bruschetta is yummy!! Let me know what you think.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Publix's has two 4 one pies, so we got one apple and one banana creme, I'm gonna have a piece of both these suckas.

Eli
11-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Publix's has two 4 one pies, so we got one apple and one banana creme, I'm gonna have a piece of both these suckas.

I love banana cream pie!! I've never heard of Publix.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

riverrunner1984
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM

The Brochette turned out really good when we made it! Im sure you will like it

314joey
11-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I love banana cream pie!! I've never heard of Publix.

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

It our big chain store down in South Florida, there's hundreds of them in the Southeast.

2manymustangs
11-25-2013, 02:51 PM

HO-made (me) blackberry... I have to make a blackberry and peach cobler Wednesday night...

A St Louis STANDARD....... Gooey Butter Cake, and the name is very fitting.......

The Brochette turned out really good when we made it! Im sure you will like it

It has to be stellar, with two of my faves... Good italian baguette and shrimp/crab, it has to be stellar... :D

314joey
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm from St. Louis and gooey butter cake is my all time favorite.

2manymustangs
11-25-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm from St. Louis and gooey butter cake is my all time favorite.

You should make it, super easy and..... as you know, its off the chain...... I put diced pecans on half......

Prolly one of the easiest cakes there is to make......

riverrunner1984
11-25-2013, 03:16 PM
You should make it, super easy and..... as you know, its off the chain...... I put diced pecans on half......

Prolly one of the easiest cakes there is to make......

Post the recipe! I have the biggest sweet tooth!!!

2manymustangs
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Post the recipe! I have the biggest sweet tooth!!!

Okie, let me dig it out... The crust is basically a yellow cake mix and butter... It just gets better from there...

UPDATE:

St Louis specialty, Gooey Butter Cake...

PREHEAT oven to 350

Crust ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter OR imperial (room temperature)
1 T. water
1 egg
(optional 1 teaspoon vanilla)
Mix above with mixer and pat into 9x13 BUTTERED cake pan bringing the crust up the sides about 1/2 (forms a basin for the filling)

Filling ingredients:

1 box (8oz) cream cheese (room temperature)
1 box powder sugar (3 3/4 cups) (hold some back to cover the top after baking)
2 eggs
(optional 1 teaspoon vanilla)
Mix above ingredients in mixer until smooth and pour into crust evenly, it will level as it cooks...

Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes until the top starts to brown, the center/filling will remain runny but will firm when it cools... Optional, add ground pecans on top with some powder sugar... Serve cool...

^^^ VERY VERY healthy and low carb/cal dessert...

My wife hates to cook and I like to eat good food SO Im forced to do the cooking...

This recipie came from Mrs. Hullings Cafeteria/St Louis in the late 40's or early 50's when my mother worked there as a teen... (if my memory serves me right)

Eli
11-27-2013, 07:39 AM
My Thanksgiving grocery list. I made in 2009 and it's not accurate but I know what I mean lol. You can tell it's used.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/zu2uzy7y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/de2azehu.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

314joey
11-27-2013, 07:42 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm, yams

Singleton
11-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Looking forward to a nice dinner. This year it is just my wife, daughter and my mom and her husband. Both of my older step-sons are with my wife's ex.
My wife does not eat Turkey, so this year we picked the following from Bobby Flay's Mesa grills cookbook.

Grilled Rib-eye steaks with chipotle-honey glaze
Potato, Sweet Onion, and Sage Gratin
Sweat Corn tamales

Eli
11-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Looking forward to a nice dinner. This year it is just my wife, daughter and my mom and her husband. Both of my older step-sons are with my wife's ex.
My wife does not eat Turkey, so this year we picked the following from Bobby Flay's Mesa grills cookbook.

Grilled Rib-eye steaks with chipotle-honey glaze
Potato, Sweet Onion, and Sage Gratin
Sweat Corn tamales

I love Sweet Corn Tamales. Do you have a recipe?

Singleton
11-27-2013, 10:02 AM
I love Sweet Corn Tamales. Do you have a recipe?

Yes, but it is in the cookbook which is not with me.
Will try to post it later

Eli
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes, but it is in the cookbook which is not with me.
Will try to post it later

Thank you!! That's going to be yummy!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Stainless
11-27-2013, 06:33 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/28/esuma5y5.jpg

CH3NO2

Eli
11-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi Pokey!!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/29/mu2y6azy.jpg

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!