PDA

View Full Version : Trying to set up a 3 day Motorcycle Trip and could use some input

Paul65K
11-03-2013, 02:37 PM
So here's the deal; The wife is going to do an all girls hiking trip down to Havasu Falls (Grand Canyon) for 3 days next week and while they are gone 4 of us are planning on getting on our bikes (motorcycles) and heading out for a ride from here in Lake Havasu. We're all riding full sized Harleys (1 Road King, 1 Streetglide and 2 Heritage ST) and the plan is to take it easy with only ~250 miles a day.

I have played around with a number of route options including Flagstaff, Sedona, Jerome, St. George and Mt Zion areas but the weather looks like it might get cold and I have 2 pretty new riders along so I'm trying to keep it simple, scenic and not too much elevation.

So with that in mind I'm thinking the following;
Day 1

Leave Havasu and head towards Kingman with a stop there for Breakfast.
Head out 93 towards Vegas with a stop at Boulder Dam for a photo op and a stretch
On into Vegas with a stop for lunch somewhere????
Head up to Pahrump stopping for the night

Day 2

Breakfast in Pahrump
Head out towards Death Valley and find a place to stop for lunch somewhere towards the end of our ride there??????
Head towards Ridgecrest......stop and stretch/buy Gas (anything else to do here????)
Drive on to Victorville and stay for the night.

Day 3

Leave Victorville around the backside of Big Bear on 247 picking up 62 in Yucca Valley
62 through Twentyninepalms to Vidal and then up the CA side, over the dam and back to Havasu.

This may not be the most scenic route available but it's not too bad as we aren't really looking to just head down the Interstates for the sake of putting on the miles.

I'm also hoping that some of you can make some recommendations on places to see and places to stop and eat along the way if you have any recommendations for 4 guys (all 50+) on the road.....I'll post up some pics along the way.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

ChumpChange
11-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I'd try and run a little further south than Victorville and get to the 10 to roll through Palm Springs but then you're on a major thoroughfare. Seems like a good time for sure.

Eli
11-03-2013, 09:18 PM
When you're in Vegas stop at Planet Hollywood and look for my Avatar ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Paul65K
11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
When you're in Vegas stop at Planet Hollywood and look for my Avatar ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Maybe we'll do just that......still looking for a place to stop for lunch that day :D

Eli
11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Maybe we'll do just that......still looking for a place to stop for lunch that day :D

They have a ton of places to eat there too! She would be dancing on the bar area ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

ChumpChange
11-03-2013, 10:21 PM

This week? SEMA in town......

Paul65K
11-04-2013, 02:11 AM
This week? SEMA in town......

No next Sunday through Vegas