PDA

View Full Version : Driving in Arizona

Wendi
11-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Is it legal for a single driver to be in the carpool lane and change lanes over the white double lines? Crossed over to let us by then got back in. Also big rigs drive in any lane here which we Californians aren't used to.

HB Vic
11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Is it legal for a single driver to be in the carpool lane and change lanes over the white double lines? Crossed over to let us by then got back in. Also big rigs drive in any lane here which we Californians aren't used to.

I'm pretty sure that's ok. But Married drivers will get their ass beat if they don't listen to the backseat driver :D

GRADS
11-01-2013, 08:28 AM

Technically there are two of you in the car so the answer would be yes. (The second passenger being your friend homer on your chin) ;)

Stainless
11-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Short answer is No.
6-9 am and 3-6 pm can only be in the HOV lane with passenger unless you have a Prius type car.

HB Vic
11-01-2013, 08:30 AM
A single driver can do whatever they want. A married driver, well, not so much :D

314joey
11-01-2013, 08:39 AM
I know that a male driver can't take directions from a female passenger, that's totally against nature.

AZKC
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Short answer is No.
6-9 am and 3-6 pm can only be in the HOV lane with passenger unless you have a Prius type car.

Monday thru Friday....

Also slower traffic to the right please. Semis normally will drive in the center or right lane.

Eli
11-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Sounds like a free for all!

I'm pretty sure that's ok. But Married drivers will get their ass beat if they don't listen to the backseat driver :D

I love this rule!

hbchgirl
11-01-2013, 10:47 AM
a single driver can do whatever they want. A married driver, well, not so much :d

lol! 😂

Stainless
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Wendi, when I read the thread title, it imply's we drive differently in AZ. :D