PDA

View Full Version : Bluewater 336 Endro Pics

PinkTaco
10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Great weekend at the Enduro. It was good to see you HB'ers out there! :thumbup:

My pics are all posted up on my site, feel free to check them out!

http://www.tommygunimages.com/bluewater336enduro

http://www.tommygunimages.com/img/s10/v104/p455330208-6.jpg

Wheeler
10-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Great pix Tom! :thumb::thumb:

Stainless
10-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Good ones PT! :)

CH3NO2

gn7
10-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Excellent stuff. Love the off water stuff of just transom or dashes. People tend to overlook shots like that. Gives it all an added dimension. Great stuff. :thumbup:

How did you get the cover shot. You seem pretty elevated.

Stainless
10-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Excellent stuff. Love the off water stuff of just transom or dashes. People tend to overlook shots like that. Gives it all an added dimension. Great stuff. :thumbup:

How did you get the cover shot. You seem pretty elevated.

Funny you say that Bob, I made the same comment about not concerned about the whole boat shot last time PT posted. Agree with you that 1 dimension of boat is just as cool as the entire boat! ;)

CH3NO2

HB Vic
10-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Very nice shots PT :thumbup:

chevellesb406
10-31-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree, I love the shots of the working parts of boats as well as the pretty shots of scenery and gel. The mechanical beauty, the soul, I love seeing an "at speed" shot of a drive on a big cat and water puking out the pipes, or a gn boat in the corner with water coming out of the bilge as a spray, I think all us gear heads love things like rigging that wouldn't typically be photographed by an outsider. Great job Tom.

Stainless
10-31-2013, 12:05 PM
I agree, I love the shots of the working parts of boats as well as the pretty shots of scenery and gel. The mechanical beauty, the soul, I love seeing an "at speed" shot of a drive on a big cat and water puking out the pipes, or a gn boat in the corner with water coming out of the bilge as a spray, I think all us gear heads love things like rigging that wouldn't typically be photographed by an outsider. Great job Tom.

Yea!!!

CH3NO2

bordsmnj
10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Excellent work.

314joey
10-31-2013, 04:11 PM
How do they run, I see a outboard running against a inboard.

Stainless
10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
It's a 12 mile circle, OB's, V-drive's, Jets and IO's run at same time with handicapped start. Whomever travels 336 miles quickest wins.

314joey
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
It's a 12 mile circle, OB's, V-drive's, Jets and IO's run at same time with handicapped start. Whomever travels 336 miles quickest wins.

30 laps, I see why it's called an Enduro, these guys must be wore out by the time they get of their boats, thanks for the info, I'd have to pull over a few times for fuel if I did that run.............lol

Stainless
10-31-2013, 04:26 PM
30 laps, I see why it's called an Enduro, these guys must be wore out by the time they get of their boats, thanks for the info, i'd have to pull over a few times for fuel if I did that run.............lol
Actually there is a mandatory 2 time, 10 minute pitstop and most boats change drivers at least once, some twice. In years past when it was a 6 mile course the water would get very rough, man and machine took a beating, especially the small craft.

Eli
10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Great pics Tom

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Eli
10-31-2013, 04:28 PM

This one is wide open ...any takers?

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
10-31-2013, 04:36 PM
This one is wide open ...any takers?

Sent from my Bat Cave...

For me to get into it they would have to change the rules, you have to drink a beer for every lap, that way I have a chance and I can drink a lot of beer.

Looks like a good time and great pics, thanks.

Eli
10-31-2013, 04:37 PM
For me to get into it they would have to change the rules, you have to drink a beer for every lap, that way I have a chance and I can drink a lot of beer.

Looks like a good time and great pics, thanks.

Joey I gotta love how much we are alike ...sometimes we don't even know we are being perverts ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
10-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Joey I gotta love how much we are alike ...sometimes we don't even know we are being perverts ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Life is a short one time shot, enjoy it to the max while you're here, it seems you've got that figured out too.

PinkTaco
10-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! Bob, that pic was shot from up on the cliff just down river from the cop shop. Thanks again!

gn7
10-31-2013, 10:56 PM

Not exactly true, but close enough for government work. It was that way with the 300, with the exception of Division I as of last year, that one division last year used a similar arrangement as all the classes this year.

Now, all the lower divisions, I thru VI receive a lap handicap plus a timed head start. So the boat that won did not go 336 miles. In fact no boat in the race went 336 miles. The only boat(s) required to go the whole 336 miles is the Div VII boat(s)
The boat that won I believe was a Div II boat, that unless they tweeked the handicap after qualifying, the "official rules" gave a 3 lap handicap(300 miles) and a 7 minute head start on the top division (VII) which is the only class required to run 336 miles. With the Division VII boat(only one entry) running less than 7 minute laps, that would equate to the one Division VII boat being roughly 4 laps(48 miles) behind at the start to the winning Div II boat.
That's not dead accurate down to the minute, but you get the idea.
Like train "A" leaves the stations going 50 mph.......

gn7
10-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! Bob, that pic was shot from up on the cliff just down river from the cop shop. Thanks again!

Its a great location if you have the lens for it. Nice stuff. Again, really like the off water stuff. Great angles and a views. Just basically all around good stuff

RogerThat99
11-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Its a great location if you have the lens for it. Nice stuff. Again, really like the off water stuff. Great angles and a views. Just basically all around good stuff

Pimp Taco has a great eye for that stuff. Great job Tom!! I also, I ended up with that green flash drive in my computer bag and I think it is yours. Let me know and I will mail it to you.