PDA

View Full Version : What's the most bad luck you've had in a day?

ChumpChange
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
So I'm driving to the airport this past Saturday to catch a flight to SLC for my grandfather's funeral. I leave my house at 3:30am to go to my cousin's house where we will drive to LAX together in order to catch our 6:10am flight. Haulin ass on the 605 south just before Arrow Hwy(Pitch Black), a large orange traffic cone lying on it's side appears in my sites too close to swerve safely. I pull over after slamming into it and realize I have fluid dripping everywhere. Seems I cracked my radiator.

So now I have my in-laws come pick me up, my FIL stays with car to tow it back to his house and my MIL takes me to airport. Fortunately since I was going to cousin's prior to airport, I had enough time to make it to airport directly.

So then it's freezing in SLC and I'm wearing a thin suit. Nice funeral though. The flag ceremony always gets me. My grandfather served in WW2.

Then my football team lost as I got to see the end of the game sittin in the SLC airport bar. Got tanked and flew home. Always nice to have a car accident on way to a funeral.

MMD
10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I once stayed in a shitty hotel and got banned from a boat forum in the same day :D

Seriously, I lost my job earlier this year and I'm still looking. That's bad luck!

Stainless
10-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I once stayed in a shitty hotel and got banned from a boat forum in the same day :D

Seriously, I lost my job earlier this year and I'm still looking. That's bad luck!

Sorry to hear about your job, what type of work were you in? Seems like Ca is still struggling more than other states with unemployment.:(

jayboat
10-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Moved to Florida in '04. Managed to pick the exact spot to get wiped out by Hurricane Charley 10 weeks later. :chargrined:
Took out every house on my street (sofa pic was next door). Still have my fingers crossed that I used up my bad luck quota for a few years.

GRADS2112
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

I had a day with really bad luck, unfortunately it lasted a year.:mad:

MMD
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your job, what type of work were you in? Seems like Ca is still struggling more than other states with unemployment.:(

Business development, sales, marketing (VP or Director) at high-tech, renewable energy companies

The whole country (and world) is struggling with unemployment and yes, California is worse than many because the politicians have chased companies out of state. The layoffs keep on coming and if you read the news you've seen many announcements of big companies laying out thousands (and tens of thousands) of people.

If Obama wins the election there will be many more announced as many companies sympathetic to him will wait until after the election to announce layoffs.

chevellesb406
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
4th of July 2008, my dog Artemus had an aneurism at 2 years old, (him below), in the morning. Went to a friends house to hang out and try and get my mind off of it. Went to leave, flat tire on the truck. Change that in the middle of the night. I get home to see someone side swiped my hot rod with their trailer, every damn panel. Grandma died the next day. Sadly, this is 100% true, can't make shit like that up.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/chevellesb406/artemis1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/chevellesb406/chevelle3-1.jpg

Wheeler
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Moved to Florida in '04. Managed to pick the exact spot to get wiped out by Hurricane Charley 10 weeks later. :chargrined:
Took out every house on my street (sofa pic was next door). Still have my fingers crossed that I used up my bad luck quota for a few years.

Damn Jay! sorry to hear this, did you rebuild?

jayboat
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Damn Jay! sorry to hear this, did you rebuild?
I was renting. Had only been in town for 10 weeks- still had stuff in boxes. Neighborhood was obliterated- there were about 400 houses there and less that a dozen were left inhabitable (mostly modular and older built-in mobile homes). Local TV station used an aerial photo of the area on the cover of their DVD of the storm.

Several people in the neighborhood were killed- I just got lucky. Worst part was on Monday (storm hit on a Friday) the guy I worked for decided to close the business because everything was wrecked, and take the write off so everyone lost their job. I didn't know a soul in town. I spent the next couple of miserable weeks drying out my chit and packing- moved to Ft Myers.

I thought my hurricane experience would get me by since I went through 6 of them in 10 yrs on a barrier island in North Carolina. A cat 4 storm with 175mph gusts will fix that stupid in a quick instant.

The area had canals, every house had a boat dock and/or lift. There were freakin boats everywhere. The little marina down the block had a 3 story dry storage rack... pics below tell the story- all are within half a mile of my house.

It was a very tough time, but many others had it much worse than me.

Jet-Daytona
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
The day I was born. :(

Stainless
11-01-2012, 07:52 PM
the day i was born. :(
tbi?

2FORCEFULL
11-02-2012, 08:21 AM
mine was the day i got lucky with my first wife....storm never ended..lost everything I owned and was gonna get for a long time..