PDA

View Full Version : Window sun screens

Joker
10-29-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure who makes them but we are looking for a few of the screens that go over windows to keep the sun out. I think they're metal? Any idea where to get them?

HB Vic
10-29-2013, 08:36 PM
I figured I could take the measurements and have a glass/screen company build them for me and I would install them. Not according to Parker Glass. They have to send someone out, take the measurements, and install them. Pffffftttt. I don't think that's rocket science.

Joker
10-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I figured I could take the measurements and have a glass/screen company build them for me and I would install them. Not according to Parker Glass. They have to send someone out, take the measurements, and install them. Pffffftttt. I don't think that's rocket science.

These things must mount to the stucco since there is nowhere else to mount em around the glass?

HypNautic
10-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Are you talkin about solar screens?
That's what we use.

Milkmoney
10-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Wow what a novel idea. Sunscreens to block the sun. Lol. I think they are very expensive. My experience is u must get quality for them to last. I learned the hard way on my lake house.

Napanutt
10-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Like this? They came with house. Work great.I needed to replace one. Went to local screen shop. Wasn't that expensive at all.

Paul65K
10-30-2013, 09:43 AM
We are actually just making a decision on these right now.

There were solar screens on the windows when we purchased the house and they do certainly provide relief from the heat at certain times during the day. FOr us the downside is that the hottest part of the house is where we have a view of the lake.....so while we get the heat relief we have a limited view during that time of the day.

I think we are going to install the motorized screens from Sunsetter to try and get the both of both worlds. The screens are motorized and can easily be raised and lowered from inside the house. While these are certainly a more expensive way to go they are very well made and not really all that bad price wise when purchased through Costco. a 5' screen is $389 all in and if you hate them you can easily return them......so we're going to give them a try....but then again we're here full time so maybe you can't justify the expense for part time use only.......you can check them out here;

https://www.sunsetterflagpole.com/costconew/ES_motorized_pricing_benefits.asp

Joker
10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The ones we see in Bullhead are white and look like a bulky metal product. The ones NapaNutt posted look pretty simple and not as obtrusive as the ones weve seen.

Joker
10-30-2013, 11:52 AM
We are actually just making a decision on these right now.

There were solar screens on the windows when we purchased the house and they do certainly provide relief from the heat at certain times during the day. FOr us the downside is that the hottest part of the house is where we have a view of the lake.....so while we get the heat relief we have a limited view during that time of the day.

I think we are going to install the motorized screens from Sunsetter to try and get the both of both worlds. The screens are motorized and can easily be raised and lowered from inside the house. While these are certainly a more expensive way to go they are very well made and not really all that bad price wise when purchased through Costco. a 5' screen is $389 all in and if you hate them you can easily return them......so we're going to give them a try....but then again we're here full time so maybe you can't justify the expense for part time use only.......you can check them out here;

https://www.sunsetterflagpole.com/costconew/ES_motorized_pricing_benefits.asp

Those look good but I don't have power anywhere near the windows I need done.

Paul65K
10-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Those look good but I don't have power anywhere near the windows I need done.

They have 12' cords......I'm going to fish a line through the wall from another outlet and just cut in a new box outside.....is be happy to help you with yours if you need some help.

Joker
10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
They have 12' cords......I'm going to fish a line through the wall from another outlet and just cut in a new box outside.....is be happy to help you with yours if you need some help.

Thank you Paul. I shall let you know. They do look nice.