PDA

View Full Version : Took the 10' Mini boat into the ocean yesterday

rivergames
10-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Last week I picked up a little mini boat with a 40HP Nissan Outboard. Islander marine has my mini 10' schiada that they are fixing up. My plan was to put a waverunner motor in my schiada, but I just don't have enough time to go through with that project. So, I am going to put motor and rigging from this boat into my mini schiada

Kinda of a trippy story with how I bought this mini boat. It was located in Chino. I live near LAX. So last week I cruised out there to check out and buy this mini. Turns out the guy that I bought it off of, is my cousins cousin. I haven't seen him in years, but he looked familiar and then with a few clues, it all came together.

Anyways, I went down to Marina Del Rey yesterday with the mini. Launched it, fired it up, and started putting around the Marina.

Well.... I got kind of sick putting around and wanted to see what she could do. So I started heading toward the breakwall.

I almost forgot to mention, my cousin's cousin who put the boat together, installed the steering backward. When I turn left, the boat goes right, when I turn right the boat goes left. It was a little tricky at first, but I got the hang of it.

As I get close to the end of the breakwall, All I saw was pretty good size swells. I would have put a life jackets on us, if I had any in the boat.... So I did what any right minded person would do. I hit the F'n gas!

The nissan has a tiny aluminum prop on it. Sucked getting out of the hull. I had to stand up and lean forward to get it on plane. Once on plane, she shot like a rocket.

There is more video that I will try to get out of the girl I was with. Too much fun aiming straight for the swells, hitting the top and cruising down in a 10' boat. Probably not the smartest idea I have had, but well worth the risk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614b4evMRoU

rivergames
10-28-2013, 09:51 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/anaja7et.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/gupy5yja.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Wendi
10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
You are a crazy nut!! Lol just kidding. Congrats on the new mini boat purchase. When are you taking it to Parker?

rivergames
10-28-2013, 09:53 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/azy3eraj.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/eha9upab.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/9azu5y5u.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/a8ype4uv.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

rivergames
10-28-2013, 09:56 AM
You are a crazy nut!! Lol just kidding. Congrats on the new mini boat purchase. When are you taking it to Parker?

Well, If Islander knocks my boat out pretty quickly, then I will do the conversion in a weekend or two and then take it out to Parker. If I don't get the 10' schiada back anytime soon, then I will take this mini out turkey weekend.

I really had a blast cruisin the boat around the marina. At this point, It's fun just keeping the boat together and crusing the ocean on a sat or sun when I'm in town

riverrunner1984
10-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Thats crazy, so did you take it past the break water?
Good thing you dont get sea sick lol looks like a rough ride

rivergames
10-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Thats crazy, so did you take it past the break water?
Good thing you dont get sea sick lol looks like a rough ride

Yup, the sail boats you see are anchored out in open water. The video really doesn't show the swells that well. I made 4 big passes. Each time we would get on plane right inside the breakwall and head into open water. Make a loop around the sail boats, then haul ass back to the breakwall. The craziest part of the whole thing was making the turn to get back to the breakwall. Felt like the swells were going take the boat sideways. If it broke down, I 100% it would have sank. I was a few hundred yards from the shore, so It would have been a interesting little swim

She's Mine
10-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Last week I picked up a little mini boat with a 40HP Nissan Outboard. Islander marine has my mini 10' schiada that they are fixing up. My plan was to put a waverunner motor in my schiada, but I just don't have enough time to go through with that project. So, I am going to put motor and rigging from this boat into my mini schiada

Kinda of a trippy story with how I bought this mini boat. It was located in Chino. I live near LAX. So last week I cruised out there to check out and buy this mini. Turns out the guy that I bought it off of, is my cousins cousin. I haven't seen him in years, but he looked familiar and then with a few clues, it all came together.

Anyways, I went down to Marina Del Rey yesterday with the mini. Launched it, fired it up, and started putting around the Marina.

Well.... I got kind of sick putting around and wanted to see what she could do. So I started heading toward the breakwall.

I almost forgot to mention, my cousin's cousin who put the boat together, installed the steering backward. When I turn left, the boat goes right, when I turn right the boat goes left. It was a little tricky at first, but I got the hang of it.

As I get close to the end of the breakwall, All I saw was pretty good size swells. I would have put a life jackets on us, if I had any in the boat.... So I did what any right minded person would do. I hit the F'n gas!

The nissan has a tiny aluminum prop on it. Sucked getting out of the hull. I had to stand up and lean forward to get it on plane. Once on plane, she shot like a rocket.

There is more video that I will try to get out of the girl I was with. Too much fun aiming straight for the swells, hitting the top and cruising down in a 10' boat. Probably not the smartest idea I have had, but well worth the risk

That is bad ass!!!!

314joey
10-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Looks like something I would do, nice video.

rivergames
10-28-2013, 10:28 AM
I envy your boating style down in Florida.

One day when I have a bigger boat capable of handling the ocean, I will tow that summa bitch down to Florida for a week and cruise around

NRI
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM

You're a nut lol :schreck:

Havasu Party Bus
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
That's what i'm talkin' about. Run it till it scarys you, and anything faster then that is where all the "FUN STARTS"....

rivergames
10-28-2013, 11:43 AM
That's what i'm talkin' about. Run it till it scarys you, and anything faster then that is where all the "FUN STARTS"....

Caught some big air off one of the swells I hit before we were filming. Right after we landed I was thinking, "I wonder if that was the same air time that Mini Kat gets"

GotHalos
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Awesome :thumbup:

rivergames
10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd like to make a Catalina run in that Fountain! That's a great looking boat on the lift!

I was thinking the same thing. The boat looked killer

NRI
10-28-2013, 12:27 PM
There ought to be a class for those minis in the drags and circle boat races lol

rivergames
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
It definitely looked like the 10'r was a bucking bronco in those ocean rollers though lol

Actually, she felt about the same as driving the cracker

My chick got tired of holding her tits from bouncing around :eat:

SFV2RVR
10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
My chick got tired of holding her tits from bouncing around :eat:

wtf is this all about! Does Tenley have a twin sister or something? Lol. Is she gonna be in Phoenix this weekend with you?

rivergames
10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
wtf is this all about! Does Tenley have a twin sister or something? Lol. Is she gonna be in Phoenix this weekend with you?

No and No :D

Last night was fun though when we got back to my pad http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/eda8esag.jpg

SFV2RVR
10-28-2013, 01:42 PM
No and No :D

Last night was fun though when we got back to my pad http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/eda8esag.jpg

Fuck the bubble bath! Where's the pics of her? ;)

rivergames
10-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Fuck the bubble bath! Where's the pics of her? ;)

Burned into my mind :bananadance:

We gotta go get shitfaced in Venice again soon

JBS
10-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Looks like a Good time for you :happy:

I will stay in a bigger boat.

See you this weekend

314joey
10-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I envy your boating style down in Florida.

One day when I have a bigger boat capable of handling the ocean, I will tow that summa bitch down to Florida for a week and cruise around

Bring what ya got, you can always boat North up the ICW, you get the feel of the big water, but it's not that rough out or come down and hop in ours, be safe out there.

rivergames
10-28-2013, 02:30 PM
She's beautiful! And has a great smile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the same thing everyime I sit in her and race :thumbsUp:

rivergames
10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Hahaha ok.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D:thumb:

SFV2RVR
10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Burned into my mind :bananadance:

We gotta go get shitfaced in Venice again soon

Sounds like a plan! :hmmm: We will start in Phoenix this weekend! :puke:

ChumpChange
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I think the same thing everyime I sit in her and race :thumbsUp:

hahaha!

Looks like a good time! (the boat ride).

rivergames
10-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Looks like a Good time for you :happy:

I will stay in a bigger boat.

See you this weekend

See ya guys at the track :buddies:

Havasu Party Bus
10-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Caught some big air off one of the swells I hit before we were filming. Right after we landed I was thinking, "I wonder if that was the same air time that Mini Kat gets"
I think i may have more air time then some airline pilots........