PDA

View Full Version : Let's move on

Wendi
10-28-2013, 09:03 AM
We really need to move on from all the BS. It's old. The Enduro happened, I was there, everyone seemed to have a good time. I haven't heard many complaints. Everyone knows how everyone feels about it. But we've gotta get over it. Stop talking negative about the other site and the person that runs it. That is childish and WTF cares! Let's talk about Hotboat and boats, racing, events, positive things. Boat builds, what your plans are for the winter. The bashing needs to stop.

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 09:08 AM
We really need to move on from all the BS. It's old. The Enduro happened, I was there, everyone seemed to have a good time. I haven't heard many complaints. Everyone knows how everyone feels about it. But we've gotta get over it. Stop talking negative about the other site and the person that runs it. That is childish and WTF cares! Let's talk about Hotboat and boats, racing, events, positive things. Boat builds, what your plans are for the winter. The bashing needs to stop.

Ding, Ding, Ding.............................Winner, winner Chicken Dinner!!

Thanks Wendi.......that really needed to be said........and vacations in order for those that fail to heed the message!!! :3::3::3:

Wendi
10-28-2013, 09:10 AM

Thanks Wendi.......that really needed to be said........and vacations in order for those that fail to heed the message!!! :3::3::3: 100%. It's not productive and we all know how everyone feels so it's time to move on! Hope you had a great weekend. We sure did.

riverbound
10-28-2013, 09:11 AM

I agree.

GRADS
10-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I need to get my boat sold so I can pick up a new to me Eliminator Daytona this Winter/Spring. I have a feeling I will be dropping my price here shortly so that I don't have to pay to store it over the winter. Someone buy my turn key boat....I will work you a smoking deal. Make me an offer.

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 09:13 AM
100%. It's not productive and we all know how everyone feels so it's time to move on! Hope you had a great weekend. We sure did.
We had a nice Sunday drive out to the Desert Bar.....the weather was perfect and we had some quality time with Friends. We woke up to whitecaps here on the lake this morning but all in all an awesome place to be :thumb:

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 09:14 AM
I need to get my boat sold so I can pick up a new to me Eliminator Daytona this Winter/Spring. I have a feeling I will be dropping my price here shortly so that I don't have to pay to store it over the winter. Someone buy my turn key boat....I will work you a smoking deal. Make me an offer.
What does that have to do with THIS thread :signhuh:

GRADS
10-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Let's talk about Hotboat and boats, racing, events, positive things. Boat builds, what your plans are for the winter. The bashing needs to stop.

:):):)

Wendi
10-28-2013, 09:21 AM
We had a nice Sunday drive out to the Desert Bar.....the weather was perfect and we had some quality time with Friends. We woke up to whitecaps here on the lake this morning but all in all an awesome place to be :thumb: Sounds fun. The weather here back home is rainy. Parker weather this weekend was absolutely amazing. I think we need to plan a Desert Bar trip over thanksgiving holiday. We are there for 10 days... It would be fun.

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 09:22 AM
:):):)Fair enough.....somewhat gratuitous but fair enough :D

Milkmoney
10-28-2013, 09:22 AM

Thanks Wendi.......that really needed to be said........and vacations in order for those that fail to heed the message!!! :3::3::3:

X2. I am new here.......

Milkmoney
10-28-2013, 09:23 AM

Lol. Nice comment mr Paul. :)

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Sounds fun. The weather here back home is rainy. Parker weather this weekend was absolutely amazing. I think we need to plan a Desert Bar trip over thanksgiving holiday. We are there for 10 days... It would be fun.Sounds like fun......I suggest the back way unless the weather is truly awful.......the road in is now so smooth that you could get in and out with a Prius.....and that's no fun :yikes:

rivergames
10-28-2013, 09:58 AM
I posted boating content for you Wendi :partytime:

Wendi
10-28-2013, 10:00 AM
I posted boating content for you Wendi :partytime: And I really appreciate it! See you in a few day!

She's Mine
10-28-2013, 10:07 AM

This is why we are all at this site... Because there isn't any BS going on...

Good Call Wendi!

rivergames
10-28-2013, 10:09 AM
And I really appreciate it! See you in a few day!

Will you be there on Thursday?

Wendi
10-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Will you be there on Thursday?

I wish but no. William doesn't fly back till Thursday afternoon so we are heading to Parker late Thursday night and heading to chandler the butt crack of dawn Friday am.

rivergames
10-28-2013, 10:13 AM
I wish but no. William doesn't fly back till Thursday afternoon so we are heading to Parker late Thursday night and heading to chandler the butt crack of dawn Friday am.

Well that blows. Since we are testing Thurs, I was going to throw you in the cracker to make a few laps.

Maybe Sunday if time permits

Wendi
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Well that blows. Since we are testing Thurs, I was going to throw you in the cracker to make a few laps.

Maybe Sunday if time permits

I know I'm bummed.

In Awe
10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Sorry that the other thread got locked.

Sorry that I asked a simple and sincere question.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Wendi
10-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Sorry that the other thread got locked.

Sorry that I asked a simple and sincere question.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 In awe we just want that discussion to be done. The race is over, the bashing has to stop and so do the questions. Feel free to contact GN7 directly and you guys can discuss this privately. Thank you for honoring our request. Let's let it go please.

10-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Someone say racing this weekend?

Wendi
10-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Someone say racing this weekend? Yep and we will be there, are you going as well?

10-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Yep and we will be there, are you going as well?

Haven't decided yet. It's kind of a long drive for me.

NRI
10-28-2013, 11:00 AM

Amen! :3:

Adrift
10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Went to Calico Ghost Town last weekend, I was really cool all decorated up, the kids loved it. They had the "Headless Horseman" cruzing through the campground Saturday night, which creeped everyone out :cool

We also had an epic rock crawling trip through the canyons, sorry we forgot the camera :grumble

What was this thread about again ?

Hey Paul how's the Boat running ?

Wendi
10-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Went to Calico Ghost Town last weekend, I was really cool all decorated up, the kids loved it. They had the "Headless Horseman" cruzing through the campground Saturday night, which creeped everyone out :cool

We also had an epic rock crawling trip through the canyons, sorry we forgot the camera :grumble

Hey Paul how's the Boat running ? We went one Halloween and had a blast. Our friends go every year with a large group camping up there. It's a fun place to take the kids.

Eli
10-28-2013, 11:16 AM
I moved on ...I feel better now

Sent from my Bat Cave...

RogerThat99
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Haven't decided yet. It's kind of a long drive for me.

You have to get your priorities straight. My round trip mileage to Parker last weekend.

sent using Tapatalk.

10-28-2013, 11:37 AM
You have to get your priorities straight. My round trip mileage to Parker last weekend.

sent using Tapatalk.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/29/uzunujyp.jpg

Which route should I take?

gn7
10-28-2013, 11:37 AM
We moved on ...We feel better now

All of you?

Eli
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
All of you?

We have 1 holdout, but majority rules so she's gonna have to suck it up

Sent from my Bat Cave...

10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
We have 1 holdout, but majority rules so she's gonna have to suck it up

Sent from my Bat Cave...

I'm sitting this one out. :D

10-28-2013, 01:10 PM
I ran the 336 with Tim in the #7 STV. From racers point of view, it was a great race. Friday qualifying added another dimension and challenge to the weekend. Cash was awarded to the top qualifiers in each division at the Pig Roast at the Pirates Den's on Friday night. Scott handed me (and the other top qualifiers) $200 cash for the top Div II time in the #30 boat in front of a packed house. Unfortunately we also broke the transom out of the boat and the #30 was not able to race on Saturday.

I teamed with Tim and the #7 OCM team for the 336 Enduro race Saturday. Tim, from OCM Marine, is a highly talented offshore racers but new to closed course circle boats. We came up with strategy for the race including laps, driving, refueling, pitting etc. Luck fell our way and everything worked as planned from our starts, driving, pits, through to the finish of the race. The last few laps of the race were nail biters as the handicap was running out and the faster boats were closing in. Every minute gained on the coarse and holding it all together is what made the difference. River Dave handed us $2,500 cash at the awards ceremony and huge silver cup. He also handed us cash for the Division win but I lost track of the count at the bar buying drinks.

Hot Laps and OCM Marine did an incredible job rigging the boat in just a few days for this race... I would recommend them highly for high performance boating work. As you may have heard Tim bought the boat just last Tuesday and previously had no plans to run the race. Tim and team were top notch professionals and they are people of great character. Personally, it was a weekend I will remember for a lifetime.

Initially, I was conflicted about running the race due to promoter issues but at the end of the day, promoters promote, and racers race. Each is personal choice. Hope to see all of you at the Thanksgiving Regatta and supporting SCSC. I agree with the moderator... let's talk about Hotboat and boats, racing, events, positive things.

niceguyeddie
10-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Nice. A couple of my buddies took their families out there for a nice 4x4 weekend. I saw some pics they posted on FB and it looked like a really good time.

Paul65K
10-28-2013, 01:36 PM

Boat is running good.....haven't had as much chance to run it as I'd like with all the work going on around the house.

We got our final from the City Friday so now I can do all the stuff I really want to do to finish up the remodel.

How's your's coming along???

HB Vic
10-28-2013, 01:40 PM
I ran the 336 with Tim in the #7 STV. From racers point of view, it was a great race. Friday qualifying added another dimension and challenge to the weekend. Cash was awarded to the top qualifiers in each division at the Pig Roast at the Pirates Den's on Friday night. Scott handed me (and the other top qualifiers) $200 cash for the top Div II time in the #30 boat in front of a packed house. Unfortunately we also broke the transom out of the boat and the #30 was not able to race on Saturday.

I teamed with Tim and the #7 OCM team for the 336 Enduro race Saturday. Tim, from OCM Marine, is a highly talented offshore racers but new to closed course circle boats. Together we came up with strategy for the race including laps, driving, refueling, pitting etc. Luck fell our way and everything worked as planned from our starts, driving, pits, through to the finish of the race. The last few laps of the race were nail bitter as the handicap was running out and the faster boats were closing in. Every minute gained on the coarse and holding it all together is what made the difference. River Dave handed us $2,500 cash at the awards ceremony and huge silver cup. He also handed us cash for the Division win but I lost track of the count at the bar buying drinks.

Hot Laps and OCM Marine did an incredible job rigging the boat in just a few days for this race... I would recommend them to highly for top notch high performance boating work. As you may have heard Tim bought the boat just last Tuesday and previously had no plans to run the race. Tim and team were top notch professionals and they are people of great character. Personally, it was a weekend I will remember for a lifetime.

Initially, I was conflicted about running the race due to promoter issues but at the end of the day, promoters promote, and racers race. Each is personal choice. Hope to see all of you at the Thanksgiving Regatta and supporting SCSC. I agree with the moderator... let's talk about Hotboat and boats, racing, events, positive things.

And there you have it, straight from the mouth of a racer. Congratulations and I'm certainly happy to hear of your experience. See you at the Regatta!!

314joey
10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I wish I knew what the heck you're talking about................lol

Eli
10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm sitting this one out. :D

You and the 1 holdout :)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Unforgiven
10-28-2013, 02:22 PM
We went To Disneyland this weekend and had a blast..now it's time to head back and work with Dustin on finishing up the Daytona and getting ready for next years DESERT STORM...btw there was an enduro?

In Awe
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM

I teamed with Tim and the #7 OCM team for the 336 Enduro race Saturday. Tim, from OCM Marine, is a highly talented offshore racers but new to closed course circle boats. We came up with strategy for the race including laps, driving, refueling, pitting etc. Luck fell our way and everything worked as planned from our starts, driving, pits, through to the finish of the race. The last few laps of the race were nail biters as the handicap was running out and the faster boats were closing in. Every minute gained on the coarse and holding it all together is what made the difference. River Dave handed us $2,500 cash at the awards ceremony and huge silver cup. He also handed us cash for the Division win but I lost track of the count at the bar buying drinks.

Hot Laps and OCM Marine did an incredible job rigging the boat in just a few days for this race... I would recommend them highly for high performance boating work. As you may have heard Tim bought the boat just last Tuesday and previously had no plans to run the race. Tim and team were top notch professionals and they are people of great character. Personally, it was a weekend I will remember for a lifetime.

Excellent post, thanks for sharing your experience.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Wendi
10-28-2013, 02:49 PM

3030 it's awesome that you came on here and gave us your feedback. We watched the race from a friends dock. It was a very good race and Congratulations to you and your team. We have some really good pictures of the #7 OCM team, you can see it the thread "My Enduro pics". Pretty cool they just bought the boatand raced it in the Enduro. They must really do great work to end up winning the race in just a few days of work. Congrats again. And we will definitely be at the Thanksgiving Regatta supporting SCSC... Thanks again for your feedback we truly appreciate it.:thumb:

10-28-2013, 02:59 PM
3030 it's awesome that you came on here and gave us your feedback. We watched the race from a friends dock. It was a very good race and Congratulations to you and your team. We have some really good pictures of the #7 OCM team, you can see it the thread "My Enduro pics". Pretty cool they just bought the boatand raced it in the Enduro. They must really do great work to end up winning the race in just a few days of work. Congrats again. And we will definitely be at the Thanksgiving Regatta supporting SCSC... Thanks again for your feedback we truly appreciate it.:thumb:

Thank you very much as well for the great photos! I really appreciate the work you all do... I don't know you all by name but I see your crew at the races. The hotboat.com gang has also been incredibly friendly and helpful. I still have the microfiber cloth you gave me at the Thanksgiving Regatta last year Parker :) works great for cleaning the boat. I also have your decals on my trailer. As for the race, I also wanted to say how hard most of the race teams work to be as prepared as possible. Many racers spend a full year rigging their boats and like my project, sometimes things don't work and sometimes great things happen.

GotHalos
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Thank you very much as well for the great photos! I really appreciate the work you all do... I don't know you all by name but I see your crew at the races. The hotboat.com gang has also been incredibly friendly and helpful. I still have the microfiber cloth you gave me at the Thanksgiving Regatta last year Parker :) works great for cleaning the boat. I also have your decals on my trailer. As for the race, I also wanted to say how hard most of the race teams work to be as prepared as possible. Many racers spend a full year rigging their boats and like my project, sometimes things don't work and sometimes great things happen.

Awesome, congrats to you and everyone involved! Bummer your boat broke, but that's what is special about boat racers, always willing to lend a hand. See you at the regatta, looking forward to seeing you out there in the STV :thumbup:

Ron

28eliminator
10-28-2013, 04:25 PM

I've moved on.. It was probably easier for me than most because I dont really give a crap :biggrin:

NOW... who's got a charlyn unit and helm I can buy so I can finish the external steering project on my Boat this winter?

Adrift
10-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Great job 3030 :thumb:

Boat is running good.....haven't had as much chance to run it as I'd like with all the work going on around the house.

We got our final from the City Friday so now I can do all the stuff I really want to do to finish up the remodel.

How's your's coming along???
Havasu,the old house is scraped, the Lot cut 12", pluming is in, foundation poured, rebar tied 12"x 12" mat for the Garage and poured a 5" slab, Lumber dropped today, framing starts tomorrow, Unisource replaced a pole today to bring the Primary in for a Pad Mounted Transformer, for my 325a service, other than that not too much :wink2:

YL, the Plans are back in the city, Eng. corrections, Fp structural is being drawn (our outdoor Fireplace is a fng Monument), Eng. Methane Mitigation Drwg's are in Orange County Fire Authority, the Lot is graded, Blue Toped, retaining walls completed, wall between the neighbors is completed, submitted a proposal/work request to SCE to move the neighborhood overhead service to underground and that's about it !!
Oh I forgot to mention I started a 800a service install for an Industrial Complex and rewire (4) Units all before the sun goes down today.

Nice. A couple of my buddies took their families out there for a nice 4x4 weekend. I saw some pics they posted on FB and it looked like a really good time.
Calico is a bitchen place to explore for sure.