PDA

View Full Version : 79 eliminator Daytona

Skimmer
10-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Anyone have any opinions or experiences they can share ? I'm looking at a 21 ft tunnel hull, above, seems to be in very good condition so far has a 468 chevy, not many hours since rebuild. Never driven one, does it slap like crazy on rough, how rough, steer ok at slow speeds, etc ?
Thanks for any input.

HB Vic
10-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Welcome to www.hotboat.com (http://www.hotboat.com). Hopefully someone will chime in on your request. Pretty sure at least 1 guy here has a similar boat.

jrork
11-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I have a 21' Daytona as do many of my friends up here. They are an awesome riding boat! As an example, I had a blown 18' v-bottom and on a choppy lake day, I took my buddy for a ride. At 80mph we hop'd/skip'd and jumped our way off every single little chop. We came right back in and jumped in his blown 21' Daytona. Ran 103mph across that exact same water and it was like sitting on the couch at home.....

I sold my 18'r right after that and bought our 21. Funny thing is that the exact same thing happened to him. Had a 18' Sanger and one ride in a different Daytona and he knew he had to have one.

They love chop. They steer great though they turn flat instead of how a v boat leans in on the turn so that is a little different. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.........john