PDA

View Full Version : Gotta keep the Wife HAPPY

314joey
10-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Since we moved down the Florida we haven't been traveling as much as we used to, when we lived at LOTO after I winterized the boat and winter set in we would be on a plane almost every other weekend to go somewhere warm, don't have to down here, it's warm all year along.

Anyway, we never wanted to get a dog until we slowed down, we picked her up from breeder Tuesday afternoon in St. Louis and brought her home and Terri is soooooooo happy with her new baby, she's french bulldog, "frenchie"

Potty training time, she's nine weeks old and the first night sleeping at home wasn't to bad, she cried for a while, then she went to sleep, she's 5 lbs now and she'll get to be between 18-20 lbs.

Happy Wife Happy Life

ChumpChange
10-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Frenchie. :D

Congrats!!!!!!

Paul65K
10-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Very cool........Happy wife = Happy Life :D

Wendi
10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
How cute!! Enjoy your new baby.

Cole Trickle
10-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Congrats...Frenchies are cool dogs.

Get her around kids and other dogs while she is young. I would also make sure you stick you're hand in the food bowl while she is eating to make sure there is no possevieness in regards to feeding.

We have quite a few friends with frenchies. There super cool yet super stubborn and kind of agressive. 1 is sweet as can be another one is so/so and the third one is a brute. My female Boston is very sweet but very alpha and she and the brute get into it everytime they are around eachother as the frenchie pushes buttons. The dog also bit my son in the face on thanksgiving so be aware of the temperment.

enjoy...There awesome dogs

314joey
10-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Congrats...Frenchies are cool dogs.

Get her around kids and other dogs while she is young. I would also make sure you stick you're hand in the food bowl while she is eating to make sure there is no possevieness in regards to feeding.

We have quite a few friends with frenchies. There super cool yet super stubborn and kind of agressive. 1 is sweet as can be another one is so/so and the third one is a brute. My female Boston is very sweet but very alpha and she and the brute get into it everytime they are around eachother as the frenchie pushes buttons. The dog also bit my son in the face on thanksgiving so be aware of the temperment.

enjoy...There awesome dogs

The breeder told us the same stuff, she's head strong and she was one of seven pups and was one of the smallest so she had to fight for her food, I could tell the first few times feeding her she's protective of her food, we've been trying to pet her and play with her while she's eating, she is the cutest little thing.

Thanks everybody, we've wanted one for so long, but couldn't find one down here.

Eli
10-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Super cute!! I kind of figured it was a dog that was keeping you from Vegas! But, that's a very adorable dog.

When I got my lab he was a piggy so I trained him not to eat his food until I said "take it" and he would stop in the middle of a chomp if I told him to "leave it". I wanted to make sure he wasn't food aggressive. He learned very quickly and it was nice. Good luck with potty training!!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Ziggy
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Frenchie. :D

Congrats!!!!!!

:D100% what came to my mind too:D
Cute pup 314:thumbup::thumbup:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Stainless
10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Cute puppy Terri and Joey!
Jesse James and Alexis DeJoria have a couple they post pics of on instagram often.

314joey
10-24-2013, 10:59 AM
We haven't had a "puppy" in years, it's going to be interesting, hopefully we can get her squared away in two three weeks, Florida is mostly dog freindly so we want to take her with us to a lot of places.

Thanks guys and gals.....................and yes, Eli, this dog was probably the only thing that would keep us away from Vegas.

HypNautic
10-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Great looking pup. Do you mind sharing the breeders info. We have good friends looking for a Frenchie. You can PM or post public.

HB Vic
10-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Cool pup. Way to take care of the Mrs. too :D

rschap1
10-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Congrats

Napanutt
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Darling doggie you got there. The wife's dog ain't a spring chicken now but has really brought a lot of joy into our life.

GRADS
Frenchie??? :yikes: :yikes: That thing doesn't stand a chance.

Napanutt
Frenchie??? :yikes: :yikes: That thing doesn't stand a chance.

You had to huh? LMAO

ChumpChange
10-24-2013, 12:04 PM
You had to huh? LMAO

It's legend!

314joey
10-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Great looking pup. Do you mind sharing the breeders info. We have good friends looking for a Frenchie. You can PM or post public.

I get it for you.....................nice comment, thanks, she's so hyped, Terri and the dog, this dog is going to be so spoiled, we're dog people, so we love all dogs.

She's a frenchie, but her name is Rowdy
Has to do with our last name, anyone know professional wrestling, think Rowdy Roddy

314joey
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Here's the link, if you have any questions just let me know, it's been great from us so far, Gary did everything he said he was going to do, but I would check them out myself if I was you.

http://www.bulldogbabies.com/

Here's a few more of our frenchie I took this morning, I promise i won't keep boring you guys with puppy pics.

iBoat
10-24-2013, 01:00 PM
how big do these pups get...looks no bigger than the jackrabbits down here

you know what they say a dog is your best friend

Ziggy
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I get it for you.....................nice comment, thanks, she's so hyped, Terri and the dog, this dog is going to be so spoiled, we're dog people, so we love all dogs.

She's a frenchie, but her name is Rowdy
Has to do with our last name, anyone know professional wrestling, think Rowdy Roddy

Rowdy is an excellent name:thumbup::thumbup:... you saved her from being teased on the boat forums for sure. :cool:
Much easier for you guys to travel with a small dog too. :thumbup:

314joey
10-24-2013, 01:28 PM
how big do these pups get...looks no bigger than the jackrabbits down here

you know what they say a dog is your best friend

The females around 18-22 lbs, we're guessing this one on the small size, closer to 18 lbs.

ChumpChange
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Rowdy is an excellent name:thumbup::thumbup:... you saved her from being teased on the boat forums for sure. :cool:

Absolutely!!!! I was afraid the name was going to be Frenchie. Nice choice in Rowdy Joe!

314joey
10-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Absolutely!!!! I was afraid the name was going to be Frenchie. Nice choice in Rowdy Joe!

Frenchie, geez, no, I still have to walk her too................ lol

She's all tuckered out.

Napanutt
10-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Frenchie, geez, no, I still have to walk her too................ lol

She's all tuckered out.

You might have to do some research to find out about the frenchieisms. Old HB days. I didn't participate a lot then. I don't know the whole story but I know bits and pieces.

GRADS
10-24-2013, 05:28 PM
You might have to do some research to find out about the frenchieisms. Old HB days. I didn't participate a lot then. I don't know the whole story but I know bits and pieces.
If anyone remembers the title of that thread I might be able to dig it up.

Wendi
10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
If anyone remembers the title of that thread I might be able to dig it up.

I remember that person and the banter

314joey
10-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like we don't want to bring it back, this one is a happy thread and a no drama zone............lol

Ziggy
10-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Sounds like we don't want to bring it back, this one is a happy thread and a no drama zone............lol

:thumbup::thumbup:

314joey
10-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks Ziggy, that's why we picked a french over an english, much easier to handle and take with us and in the boat, she's the celebrity of the neighborhood.

The Doctor
10-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Cute little gal, she is! Wanna trade?

314joey
10-25-2013, 04:07 AM
WOW, busy Momma, our hands are full with this mischief little girl.

Eli
10-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Rowdy is so cute! She would keep me away too!!

She's really tiny right now. Take lots of pics! Let's see her teeth I love those little sharp chompers :)

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Joker
10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Cool looking dog.