PDA

View Full Version : DMV California

SBS933
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Anyone else get boned $16.00 extra on your renewal registration, for Quagga and Zebra Mussel infestation prevention fee. You can get exempted if you boat exclusively in marine waters.

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 04:52 PM
I fixed that problem by moving to Arizona :D. That 16 bucks is probably to keep the Ag Check stations manned during daylight hours. I'm guessing Quagga aren't a threat at night, because the check stops are closed :D

Paul65K
10-23-2013, 05:03 PM
I fixed that problem by moving to Arizona :D. That 16 bucks is probably to keep the Ag Check stations manned during daylight hours. I'm guessing Quagga aren't a threat at night, because the check stops are closed :D

X2................it is so great to be out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia :D

Wendi
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
X2................it is so great to be out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia :D x3.....Fuck the Quagga and Zebra Mussel

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Whoa the F bombs are out early?? Is the Chocolate wine flowing a bit early tonight?? :D

niceguyeddie
10-23-2013, 05:30 PM
One of my boats is registered AZ. The other one is CA and no i haven't got my reg fees yet. That's shitty though.

niceguyeddie
10-23-2013, 05:32 PM

They're closed at night? I store my boat in Mohave Valley and to avoid the stop coming back from Havasu I exit in Topac and go around to Courtright on the way home.

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 05:37 PM
They're closed at night? I store my boat in Mohave Valley and to avoid the stop coming back from Havasu I exit in Topac and go around to Courtright on the way home.

The one at Vidal has been closed the last 3x we went through at night.

Wendi
10-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Whoa the F bombs are out early?? Is the Chocolate wine flowing a bit early tonight?? :D I don't drink mid week like you. I just felt like saying that word for some reason.

RitcheyRch
10-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I havent received my registration yet.

28eliminator
10-23-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't drink mid week like you. I just felt like saying that word for some reason.

Maybe you should start... It helps :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Wendi
10-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Maybe you should start... It helps :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) No I make up for it on the weekends. But thanks for thinking of me.

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 06:41 PM
No I make up for it on the weekends. But thanks for thinking of me.

Maybe you should start drinking during the week and pace yourself on the weekends LOL

28eliminator
10-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe you should start drinking during the week and pace yourself on the weekends LOL

Lol.....

Wendi
10-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Maybe you should start drinking during the week and pace yourself on the weekends LOLRude....

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Rude....

It was just a suggestion. An occasional drink during the week helps curb my alcohol appetite on the weekend. Therefore I don't hit it so hard and take naps starting at 6pm :D

Wendi
10-23-2013, 06:57 PM
It was just a suggestion. An occasional drink during the week helps curb my alcohol appetite on the weekend. Therefore I don't hit it so hard and take naps starting at 6pm :D Even ruder!

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Even ruder!

I prefer to call it an even rudder. A hard rudder port or stern can cause a serious lean, an even rudder keeps things nice and straight :D

CampbellCarl
10-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone else get boned $16.00 extra on your renewal registration, for Quagga and Zebra Mussel infestation prevention fee. You can get exempted if you boat exclusively in marine waters.

Is there some new, other kind of water?

I know that my boats have never never, ever boated in anything other than marine water....

hpboats83
10-23-2013, 07:40 PM
My wife just got ours in the mail and brought it up to me today

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

NRI
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
No I make up for it on the weekends. But thanks for thinking of me.

Two words: Betty Ford! LOL! :gathering::LMAOsmiley:

78Southwind
10-23-2013, 07:51 PM

I thought it was $26. I have four watercrafts but who's counting. I just paid it and said F... it. I am so tired of being nickled and dimed to death in this state.

Rant On...
I am real anal about paying my bills. I always pay everything early and everything that I can I put on automatic debit. So I get this delinquent notice for my unsecured property taxes and I am like WTF I am never late on anything (remember I am anal about paying my bills). :) I am pissed because my mailman is a drunk and everyone in our neighborhood complains about him. Usually my neighbors will give me my mail if it gets mixed with theirs but who knows what happened to this one. I call the Tax Collector and tell them my story and they say get the Post Office to write a letter saying that basically the mailman is an idiot. Of course the Post Office isn't going to do that so I complain to them and pay the fine that is double the original cost. I hate being held hostage by stupidity and there's nothing I can do about it. So now I have to mark on my calendar to pay my bill in case the drunk mailman eats my tax bill.
Rant Off...

78Southwind
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
I fixed that problem by moving to Arizona :D.

Nice, I am trying to figure how to pull that one off. You got any suggestions...? :)

SBS933
10-23-2013, 08:05 PM

I know that my boats have never never, ever boated in anything other than marine water.... I don't even know how to protest that, they also ask if you store the boat in another state, WTF does that matter.

28eliminator
10-23-2013, 08:08 PM

I know that my boats have never never, ever boated in anything other than marine water....

And I thought it was just me..... Kalifornia's brilliant bureaucrats undoubtedly came up with that definition :)

SBS933
10-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I thought it was $26. I have four watercrafts but who's counting. I just paid it and said F... it. I am so tired of being nickled and dimed to death in this state.

Rant On...
I am real anal about paying my bills. I always pay everything early and everything that I can I put on automatic debit. So I get this delinquent notice for my unsecured property taxes and I am like WTF I am never late on anything (remember I am anal about paying my bills). :) I am pissed because my mailman is a drunk and everyone in our neighborhood complains about him. Usually my neighbors will give me my mail if it gets mixed with theirs but who knows what happened to this one. I call the Tax Collector and tell them my story and they say get the Post Office to write a letter saying that basically the mailman is an idiot. Of course the Post Office isn't going to do that so I complain to them and pay the fine that is double the original cost. I hate being held hostage by stupidity and there's nothing I can do about it. So now I have to mark on my calendar to pay my bill in case the drunk mailman eats my tax bill.
Rant Off... I get a bill every year starting last, $115.00 to keep the fire roads clear in the mountains. I live in the desert, I pay cause I don't need the bullshit and when I protest I just get the Cali, run around. It all adds up to the Feds cut off Cal Fire and we have to pick up the slack
. It was $150.00 but since I live within 7 miles from a Fire Station they give me a $35.00 break. This was being fought in court but that disapeared.

Bobby V
10-23-2013, 08:58 PM
X2................it is so great to be out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia :D

Dont you still have a trailer in Cali. :smile:

niceguyeddie
10-24-2013, 12:32 AM

Rant On...
Rant Off...

That's shitty.

My mail man rarely ever empties my communities outgoing box. I've come back three days later to see he never took what I previously put there. I don't like checks sittinin a open mail box so now I send everything from my office.

GRADS
10-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Complaining about $16.00???? What is that....4 gallons of gas, an 18 pack of Bud Light, 3 packs of pasties, 1/500th of a nice boob job, .......................

...................small price to be a pimp boater. Sack it up.

28eliminator
10-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Complaining about $16.00???? What is that....4 gallons of gas, an 18 pack of Bud Light, 3 packs of pasties, 1/500th of a nice boob job, .......................

You can only get 2 sets of pasties for $16.... Not 3 :D

Paul65K
10-24-2013, 06:29 AM

...................small price to be a pimp boater. Sack it up.It's not the $16 GRADS........it's the fact that this is ANOTHER $16 on top of all the other "Fees" we already pay (Paid in my case) by Kalifornians.

Wendi
10-24-2013, 07:00 AM
It's not the $16 GRADS........it's the fact that this is ANOTHER $16 on top of all the other "Fees" we already pay (Paid in my case) by Kalifornians.

Yeah Grads!!!

Ziggy
10-24-2013, 07:11 AM
The one at Vidal has been closed the last 3x we went through at night.

Yup, same for me. Anywhere from 10pm on it seems.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

314joey
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
The real bad news it the state is 418 billion in the red, hold on to your shorts, one day that's going to be a problem.

Ziggy
10-24-2013, 07:24 AM

$16 here, $5 there, $3 here, couple fees of $8 here and there..........................................kee p sucking it up for us all and we will feel better.
Az reg on my motorized vessel;):)

From my POS T-mobile thingie

HB Vic
10-24-2013, 07:26 AM
The real bad news it the state is 418 billion in the red, hold on to your shorts, one day that's going to be a problem.

Better have a good exit strategy before then :D

314joey
10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Better have a good exit strategy before then :D

Look for a warm weather state that has water with boating with a surplus, specially not Detroit Michigan.