PDA

View Full Version : HotBoat, need info on a DCB F26

She's Mine
10-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey Hotboat, my buddy just built a new motor for his F26, 875hp. Was wondering what lower unit, gear ratio, and prop you have on yours?

Have you ever tried an IMCO -2 shorty and if so, how did it work?

Thanks for the help

If you want to chat, send me a PM and I'll shoot you my number.

HB Vic
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
875 that should run real good. I have max built drives. One is their billet upper the other a built XR case. Both have Imco lowers. Gear ratio is 1.36 and I was running a labbed 30, but I did a little work to the Teague and its technically a 825 now. So a labbed 32 has been good for me. I believe mine is a -0, never tried a shorty, don't think my boat would like it. Of course all of that depends on how the boat was setup from DCB. He's gonna be real close to my setup, maybe need a 33.

Unforgiven
10-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Dustins going to have my IMCO SC with IMCO 2"inch shortie (1.36 gear) at the shop friday..going to freshen it up and sell it..I'll bring the 34 prop down too if you want to try it out..talk to him about it, see if it could work for your buddy

She's Mine
10-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Dustins going to have my IMCO SC with IMCO 2"inch shortie (1.36 gear) at the shop friday..going to freshen it up and sell it..I'll bring the 34 prop down too if you want to try it out..talk to him about it, see if it could work for your buddy

Thanks Unforgiven, I forgot to grab the prop at the Open House. I have been talking to Dustin this morning for my friend. Dustin has a set of gears for his std lower plus he has a -2 shorty that he is selling. I think my friend is going to go with the gears since Hotboat has confirmed -0 is what works. We called Dave at DCB a while back and Dave said to stay with the -0 but I wanted to get info from someone that has the same setup. Water info is always better than sales person info... Let me know when you're coming down with the prop and I'll meet up with you.

Unforgiven
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks Unforgiven, I forgot to grab the prop at the Open House. I have been talking to Dustin this morning for my friend. Dustin has a set of gears for his std lower plus he has a -2 shorty that he is selling. I think my friend is going to go with the gears since Hotboat has confirmed -0 is what works. We called Dave at DCB a while back and Dave said to stay with the -0 but I wanted to get info from someone that has the same setup. Water info is always better than sales person info... Let me know when you're coming down with the prop and I'll meet up with you.

I'll be at the shop tomorrow morning..will leave prop with Dustin