PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Season!

westair
10-20-2013, 01:21 PM
In La Jolla for the weekend .... I know it's hard to see from the one pic but all the little white dots are lobster traps .... at least a 100 or so! You can also go out catch by hand, they come out and are only active at night. Great snorkeling place during the day, alot to see ... plenty of Garibaldi's

78Southwind
10-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Pretty cool one of these days I want to check that out.

Eli
10-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Look like a yummy ton of fun! Have you caught any?

I'm heading over there...can you see them from the rocks or do you have to go in?
Sent from my Bat Cave...

314joey
10-20-2013, 02:15 PM
That's cool, we have crab season down here, the season must be similar because they're coming in season now, crab claws and lobster, my favorite.

It's a bear during season though we've got to dodge the stupid buoys that mark them, it's still better than dodging jet skis at LOTO.

How cool it would be to go swim after them suckers.

Eli
10-20-2013, 03:16 PM
That's cool, we have crab season down here, the season must be similar because they're coming in season now, crab claws and lobster, my favorite.

It's a bear during season though we've got to dodge the stupid buoys that mark them, it's still better than dodging jet skis at LOTO.

How cool it would be to go swim after them suckers.

Take your bandaids!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Joker
10-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Our next door neighbor is a commercial lobster fisher and we used to come home and have 3 or 4 crawling in our back yard. Now all his catch goes to China.

riverrunner1984
10-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I wanted to go Lobster fishing this year and Kim and I enjoy eating Lobster ALOT!!!!
I dont think any open party boats go for Lobster though, only private boats.

obnoxious001
10-20-2013, 03:52 PM
In La Jolla for the weekend .... I know it's hard to see from the one pic but all the little white dots are lobster traps .... at least a 100 or so! You can also go out catch by hand, they come out and are only active at night. Great snorkeling place during the day, alot to see ... plenty of Garibaldi's

I used to dive La Jolla Cove, and most of the other areas around San Diego. Night diving is pretty wild, for those that don't dive, you can only see where the light is pointing,, and the light attracts fish,, sometimes big fish, so you might turn around and be face to face with something big enough to surprise you. One time a big sea bass came up behind me!

I guess Ab diving is no longer allowed in Southern California? Been a long time since I lived in SD

Wheeler
10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
When I lived in La Jolla I would wait for the storms to come and go check the shore for lobster traps that washed up. Of all the traps I found I never found a single lobster. :grumble

314joey
10-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Take your bandaids!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Them pinchers gonna pinch me.