PDA

View Full Version : Kevin @ Cheetah/Carrera....?

niceguyeddie
10-30-2012, 11:34 AM
What ever happened to this guy? He used to be around the "community" promoting Cheetah, then he took off on his own.

Last I heard he was buying every mold he could get his hands on and bought Carrera. Anyone know what ever happened to this guy? I recall him building Tiki bars too. Anyways, just wondering if he's still building boats or?

vmjtc3
10-30-2012, 08:45 PM
He pops his head in on one of the other forums every know and then, I know he has built at least one Carrera, other than that no ideal...

BarryMac
10-31-2012, 07:31 AM
I see him on Facebook now and then. He just rigged one of the ugliest Carreras ever popped form the molds. Seems like he is trying to rig the stuff that was built before Carrera went belly up. I hope that he can start building some boats again.

niceguyeddie
10-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I see him on Facebook now and then. He just rigged one of the ugliest Carreras ever popped form the molds. Seems like he is trying to rig the stuff that was built before Carrera went belly up. I hope that he can start building some boats again.

Was that the deck boat with the mismatched interior?

BarryMac
10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Dont think so, if you're on FB you can see it here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=535292143163021&set=a.535291786496390.101810440.100000467205608&type=1&theater

niceguyeddie
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=535292143163021&set=a.535291786496390.101810440.100000467205608&type=1&theater

Damn that's an ugly boat! But it sure does pull some high school tail!

GRADS2112
10-31-2012, 09:07 PM

I'm calling B.S., that's got to be a Kachina.:rapture:

McRib
11-01-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't think Kevin built the 32 on the FB page. I saw that boat years ago in old hotboat mag ads. I believe he's only built 2 or 3 since he aquired all the molds he has. The last boat he built was a customer ordered carrera 257 deck that came out really nice. There was a build thread on Rdp but it haven't resurfaced in a long while.

BarryMac
11-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't think Kevin built the 32 on the FB page. I saw that boat years ago in old hotboat mag ads. I believe he's only built 2 or 3 since he aquired all the molds he has. The last boat he built was a customer ordered carrera 257 deck that came out really nice. There was a build thread on Rdp but it haven't resurfaced in a long while.

The hull was built before Carrera went belly up. He ended up with it and rigged it.

McRib
11-01-2012, 08:19 AM
The hull was built before Carrera went belly up. He ended up with it and rigged it.

I'll take ended up with and rigged it over being the responsible one who painted it any day. Lol

Carrera Boats
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
LOL, I just came across this thread! Yeah Carrera had a few I'm not very proud of, don't they all....One man's trash is another's treasure! But I'm glad there gone!

We have been laying low, building our empire and getting ready to start building more boats soon! All the molds, Carrera, Aftershock, Cole, Crusader and miscellaneous others have been moved to our shop in Hemet near the airport. We are getting ready to expand our building and make some improvements to our location. We have a few small projects going on, including tooling a new gullwing and the new 275 Cat. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. Thanks for thinking of us, been out of the picture for awhile, I lost my pop's several months ago and it took the wind out of my sails!

Tail, LOLx2, think those are my grown up kids

WMC
10-21-2013, 07:04 PM
LOL, I just came across this thread! Yeah Carrera had a few I'm not very proud of, don't they all....One man's trash is another's treasure! But I'm glad there gone!

We have been laying low, building our empire and getting ready to start building more boats soon! All the molds, Carrera, Aftershock, Cole, Crusader and miscellaneous others have been moved to our shop in Hemet near the airport. We are getting ready to expand our building and make some improvements to our location. We have a few small projects going on, including tooling a new gullwing and the new 275 Cat. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. Thanks for thinking of us, been out of the picture for awhile, I lost my pop's several months ago and it took the wind out of my sails!

Thanks for stopping by and welcome. Glad to hear you are working on some new stuff. Look forward to seeing pictures and getting updates. Sorry to hear about your pop's.

SBS933
10-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Carrera GOOD, Cheatah BAD

FormulaZR
10-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Who could I talk to that could answer a few questions about a Cheetah Stiletto?

Carrera Boats
10-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Who could I talk to that could answer a few questions about a Cheetah Stiletto? well we can start here, but it might go into a PM

FormulaZR
10-21-2013, 08:14 PM
well we can start here, but it might go into a PM

It's a pretty simple question. I have a friend with a 24' Stiletto. He's been thinking about selling, and it's a pretty cheap price. But my question is...he said at speeds over 50-ish mph it starts to kind of chine walk. Is that typical for this hull, can it be corrected, or is he smoking crack? I have not ridden in the boat.

SBS933
10-21-2013, 08:17 PM
It's a pretty simple question. I have a friend with a 24' Stiletto. He's been thinking about selling, and it's a pretty cheap price. But my question is...he said at speeds over 50-ish mph it starts to kind of chine walk. Is that typical for this hull, can it be corrected, or is he smoking crack? I have not ridden in the boat. This ones easy, better take er out for a putt and judge for yourself.

Stainless
10-21-2013, 08:26 PM

Glad to hear your enthusiasm to build new boats!
I'm ready to see some new builds. :)

CH3NO2

FormulaZR
10-21-2013, 08:31 PM
This ones easy, better take er out for a putt and judge for yourself.

That would be easy. If it still ran. It has an ECU problem, and that's part of the reason for the price.

I guess my question is more...IF it does chine walk, is that normal for that hull - if so, can it be fixed...and if not, any idea what would be causing it?

He swears it a rough ride. He went for a ride in my 21' tunnel and said he wishes his rode like that. So...I dunno.

I want it because it's really pretty cheap, and a nice open bow. But I know nothing about any Cheetah boats. This one came from a dealership in Colorado. White with blue to purple flames on it; and flames in the seats. Not sure if that was common for them or not.

78Southwind
10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Kevin,
Did you ever build the 20 fun Effect deck? If so, put up some pictures.

Carrera Boats
10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
It's a pretty simple question. I have a friend with a 24' Stiletto. He's been thinking about selling, and it's a pretty cheap price. But my question is...he said at speeds over 50-ish mph it starts to kind of chine walk. Is that typical for this hull, can it be corrected, or is he smoking crack? I have not ridden in the boat. I would say no that is "NOT" typical with the Stiletto modified tunnel hull. The 24'Stiletto and 23'Scorpion share the same bottom with different tops. Bobs had them in the line up since the 80's (I think). The 24 Stiletto has been one of his best sellers with little complaints. I known owners with big HP that never complained of chine walking. What power/drive and type of prop are you running?

FormulaZR
10-22-2013, 01:22 AM
I would say no that is "NOT" typical with the Stiletto modified tunnel hull. The 24'Stiletto and 23'Scorpion share the same bottom with different tops. Bobs had them in the line up since the 80's (I think). The 24 Stiletto has been one of his best sellers with little complaints. I known owners with big HP that never complained of chine walking. What power/drive and type of prop are you running?

It's a Mercury 502 with a Bravo 1. Not sure on the prop. He's dinged several...

He swears up and down it's a rough ride at high speed as well. That just didn't seem typical for a mod tunnel.

westair
10-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I would say no that is "NOT" typical with the Stiletto modified tunnel hull. The 24'Stiletto and 23'Scorpion share the same bottom with different tops. Bobs had them in the line up since the 80's (I think). The 24 Stiletto has been one of his best sellers with little complaints. I known owners with big HP that never complained of chine walking. What power/drive and type of prop are you running?

I have had both and never any problems with a chine walk .... a 496ho, Bravo 1x, 26P prop in the Stiletto.

niceguyeddie
10-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Kevin,

Glad to see that you're still around. I wish you great success! Sorry to hear about your dad. I understand your pain.

Carrera Boats
10-22-2013, 09:43 PM
It's a Mercury 502 with a Bravo 1. Not sure on the prop. He's dinged several...

He swears up and down it's a rough ride at high speed as well. That just didn't seem typical for a mod tunnel. PM sent

Carrera Boats
10-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Kevin,

Glad to see that you're still around. I wish you great success! Sorry to hear about your dad. I understand your pain.thanks!

GotHalos
10-22-2013, 10:10 PM
thanks!

Look forward to seeing updates! Best of luck in the near future :thumbup:

78Southwind
10-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Kevin,
Did you ever build the 20 fun Effect deck? If so, put up some pictures.