PDA

View Full Version : American Graffiti Paradise Road Drag Race - Pics

RogerThat99
10-17-2013, 09:47 AM
There was a thread on another site about American Graffiti. I love that movie and have probably seen it 100 times. I never realized that the movie was mostly shot in Petaluma, CA. Anyways, they pointed out where the drag race scene was shot and I have driven within a 1/2 mile of that spot a thousand times. So, last week I stopped by to take a couple of pictures. It looks surprisingly similar to when the move was shot in 1972...including Bob Falfa's tire tracks in the field. :D

If you look close in the picture, you can see the metal electrical tower where Milner turns around after the crash and you can see the transformer buildings (or whatever they are) near the crash site, although you can barley see it over the trees.

The Approximate spot that Bob Falfa crashed the 55. I can't believe the tire tracks are still there after 41 years. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY

RogerThat99
10-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Big Yawn...I guess this thread is Dud.

sent using Tapatalk.

Stainless
10-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Sorry RT, I missed it this morning. Video was good, I've not seen the movie, I'll watch it if I see on TV.

gn7
10-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Sorry RT, I missed it this morning. Video was good, I've not seen the movie, I'll watch it if I see on TV.

You haven't seen American Graffiti??
What, are you a foreigner?
One of the greatest movies ever made, and for about a dollar ninety eight too!
All star cast, but not at the time:wink2: Bunch nobodys including George Lucas

Richard Dreyfuss , Harrison Ford, Bo Hopkins, Ron Howard, Paul La Mat, Suzanne Summers, Mackenzie Phillips, Cindy Williams,
I think everybody but Ron Howard worked for sandwiches and cokes Whole thing was filmed in about a month because that's about all the money Lucas had to shoot the thing, about 3/4 million. Its made about 150,000,000.
They originally were going to shoot it in San Rafael, but the city refused them permission after about 2 days so they moved about 20 miles away to Petaluma,

People think Star Wars made Lucas. It was really American Graffiti that put him on the map.

Stainless
10-17-2013, 05:25 PM
You haven't seen American Graffiti??
What, are you a foreigner?
One of the greatest movies ever made, and for about a dollar ninety eight too!
All star cast, but not at the time:wink2: Bunch nobodys including George Lucas

Richard Dreyfuss , Harrison Ford, Bo Hopkins, Ron Howard, Paul La Mat, Suzanne Summers, Mackenzie Phillips, Cindy Williams,
I think everybody but Ron Howard worked for sandwiches and cokes Whole thing was filmed in about a month because that's about all the money Lucas had to shoot the thing, about 3/4 million. Its made about 150,000,000.
They originally were going to shoot it in San Rafael, but the city refused them permission after about 2 days so they moved about 20 miles away to Petaluma,

People think Star Wars made Lucas. It was really American Graffiti that put him on the map.
Sorry Bob, I dont get out much, lol.:jail:

gn7
10-17-2013, 05:37 PM
You can watch it for 2.99 on you tube. There will be a test on it next week. :wink2:

westair
10-17-2013, 07:34 PM
That's very cool, next time I'm anywhere near that area I'm gonna stop by just to see it .... love this stuff:thumb:

RogerThat99
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
That's very cool, next time I'm anywhere near that area I'm gonna stop by just to see it .... love this stuff:thumb:

Frates road intersects Hwy 116 in Petaluma. This spot is about 1/2 from hwy 116.

FormulaZR
10-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Sorry Bob, I dont get out much, lol.:jail:

What a crying shame. I feel so bad for you, and what you've missed out on. Geez...PM me your address and I'll send you my copy of it to borrow if that's what it takes.

SBS933
10-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Does anyone remember the movie, Aloha Bobby and Rose with Paul La Matt. It took hours but finally found a dvd. That movie takes you back to the KKDJ days with Charlie Tuna.

Milkmoney
10-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Great movie. I spent some time in the area. Beautiful place. Hope to return fir a trip there again. I would go see the road ur talking about.