PDA

View Full Version : Race numbers & names...

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
So having just come back from the drag boat races in Havasu and seeing all of the different race boats/teams, I'm curious... for those of you that have a race boat/team or are part of one, whether it's drag boats, circle boats, K boats, water ski racing, etc., how did you come up with the boat number and team name if you have one???

rivergames
10-15-2013, 03:12 PM
So having just come back from the drag boat races in Havasu and seeing all of the different race boats/teams, I'm curious... for those of you that have a race boat/team or are part of one, whether it's drag boats, circle boats, K boats, water ski racing, etc., how did you come up with the boat number and team name if you have one???

Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

When we purchased the new glass boat, our T-shirts already had P550 Scream'n Eagle so we kept the name and number

Our race team consists of me, my dad, uncle, brother, grandpa, cousins etc. My last name is Games so we decided to go with Games Boys Racing

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

When we purchased the new glass boat, our T-shirts already had P550 Scream'n Eagle so we kept the name and number

Our race team consists of me, my dad, uncle, brother, grandpa, cousins etc. My last name is Games so we decided to go with Games Boys Racing

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family

Cool! Thanks Andrew!

Wendi
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Very good questions Liahna!!! Rivergames thanks for the info! Come on I know there are more racers on here let's here it. Also if you could post a picture of your boat with your info that would be great too!

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Very good questions Liahna!!! Rivergames thanks for the info! Come on I know there are more racers on here let's here it. Also if you could post a picture of your boat with your info that would be great too!

Great idea Wendi... I'd love to see your race boat/team pics!

2FORCEFULL
10-15-2013, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=rivergames;42107]Bought the boat and it was already the P550. So, We kept the number on the boat. There is a big Eagle on the wood boat, so we named it Scream'n Eagle.

We also have a few other good friends on the team that we consider family[quote] GAMES GANG RACING!".....kinda has an out west outlaw ring to it....

watching the crackers is bad ass for sure

gn7
10-15-2013, 04:39 PM

Its a great public interest question. I got a little chuckle out of how you asked it with Ks listed as if they don't fit into the other groups. :happy:

When I can think up a really good BS story that sounds better than the boring truth I will post it up.:tongue:
I am sure there are some cool stories behind some of them.

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Its a great public interest question. I got a little chuckle out of how you asked it with Ks listed as if they don't fit into the other groups. :happy:

When I can think up a really good BS story that sounds better than the boring truth I will post it up.:tongue:
I am sure there are some cool stories behind some of them.

Haha...cut me some slack, I'm a girl! K boats are badass... in fact we (NRI) sponsors one of the prettiest K boats out there (K-034)... I'm waiting for them to chime in and share their story.

So let's hear the "boring truth" about yours!

gn7
10-15-2013, 04:51 PM
I am sure their story goes something like "Chris, I want a K boat. Get your ass in the shop and build me one" with a possible reminder of who has control over "the unit" and bam, instant K boat. I am sure Mrs 034 has a slightly different story, but if you get Chris drunk enough, I am sure its comes out close to that.

Its OK that you had Ks in a separate category. Tony says they aren't really circle boats, rather nothing but drag boats with high speed turn offs and a quick trip back to do it again.

Stainless
10-15-2013, 05:34 PM
The NHRA allows drivers to choose their number above 17.
1-16 are reserved for the highest points finishers to use next year if they choose.

CH3NO2

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM
The NHRA allows drivers to choose their number above 17.
1-16 are reserved for the highest points finishers to use next year if they choose.

CH3NO2

Interesting... Thanks Carbon, I didn't know that!

gn7
10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
"IN THE BEGINNING" before they were known as the GN class, it was the "U" class.
Couldn't pick the number of my favorite "GN" #9 because it was still in use by the original holder. I doubt you will ever see that number on another boat than the one its currently on. That number is pretty much off limits.
So I picked the number of my second favorite boat.

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 05:48 PM
"IN THE BEGINNING" before they were known as the GN class, it was the "U" class.
Couldn't pick the number of my favorite "GN" #9 because it was still in use by the original holder. I doubt you will ever see that number on another boat than the one its currently on. That number is pretty much off limits.

Thanks gn7... Pretty cool! What exactly is a GN boat. I don't understand the classes...

gn7
10-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Think K boat with a little less power but a little larger with a shallow v bottom.
All other circle boats run 5 lap or 5 mile races. GNs run 2 -10 lap races on Saturday and one 20 lap final on Sunday. the other inboard circle boats start running on the water usually with a green flag but sometimes a countdown clock where they can't cross the start line before the clock hits zero.
GNs start on the beach with a dead engine. Flag drops, and they start and go. Damn thing better start FAST!

Stainless
10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Liahna, GN stands for Grand National, hopefully Bob will come back in and explain what that means bc I don't know.
Thanks Bob for the definition of GN racing, I didn't know either.

CH3NO2

rampgirl
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Our team has always been part of Wine-o racing, which used to be made up of like 5 or 6 boats years ago. Today we are Texas Bounty Hunter H2O PM#411. The 411 is April 11th which is the owner/drivers anniversary. The name came from a sponsor we used to have who ran a PM car called Texas Bounty Hunter. 411 has been the number since I can remember but after the first boat called Blood Sweat and Tears, the boats to follow were always Fool something. We had Fool Throttle and Fool Addiction. Since the Bounty hunter crashed a month ago and we chopped it up and threw it away we talked about going back to a Fool name, but decided to keep the Bounty Hunter name. Now their middle daughter Lauren wanted to race and so after one year in the heaviest hull her dad could find, we laid up a baby kurtis and she named it Daddy's DNA, her number was 205 which is nearly half of 411. Now she is planning her wedding, so her little brother Ryan stepped in and decided that he needed a new name. So Sancho's DNA was born. It's a long story but basically when Randy(the dad) was at work he would call his wife (Judy) and tell her he was on his way home and to get "Sancho" outta the house. He is running the number 315, not sure why but I think it's the number he ran when he either raced a buddy's jet boat or his jet ski.

Stainless
10-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Cool explanations RG!
Is Lauren out of competition?
What boat(s) is your team campaigning in Phoenix?
What class has the tightest point contenders?
Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get knowledgeable of the finals.

CH3NO2

gn7
10-15-2013, 07:10 PM
When the boats first started running they were designated "U" for unlimited because they were no engine rules at all. The nearest class to them was the SK class which was a "ski boat" type boat class because at the time everything else was either a hydro or what they called "service" boats which crackerboxes fell into along with other front engine, two rider boats fit into. But SKs ran 5 mile races, the "U" inboard v drives ran marathons. 9 hour, 500 miles, 250 miles.
The Unlimited hydros didn't like the U designation on the small inboards, so they forced(bitched) and the name and designation was changed to SC for Speed Classics, but the boats all left the APBA in a huff over the deal and went on their own. Sound familiar Andrew?:yikes:

When they came back to the APBA they started using the name Grand National. There is also a Grand National Hydro (GNH)class that uses similar engine rules that mostly runs in the mid west.

Now lets see if the young whipper snapper Andrew can tell you why crackers have a "P" designation?

Stainless
10-15-2013, 07:12 PM
That was one of my questions of why they are called Crackers too.
Thanks Bob!

CH3NO2

rampgirl
10-15-2013, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Carbon;42211]Cool explanations RG!

Yes she handed over the boat to her kid brother two years ago. He is in 3rd place now.
Sancho's DNA will be there running the 9 second class. Hoping to take out the first and second place points leaders! We need the winter to build another promod.
I don't keep up with every classes points chases but I do know that Pro mod and top eliminator and modified are really competitive classes and it's not uncommon to see upwards of 20 something boats in these classes.
Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get knowledgeable of the finals.

here are pics of both boats...

Come on out to the finals and see us.

HB Vic
10-15-2013, 07:17 PM

That's badass :thumbsUp:

gn7
that's a cool story Rampgirl. But who let you out of the kitchen:biggrin:

rampgirl
When the boats first started running they were designated "U" for unlimited because they were no engine rules at all. The nearest class to them was the SK class which was a "ski boat" type boat class because at the time everything else was either a hydro or what they called "service" boats which crackerboxes fell into along with other front engine, two rider boats fit into. But SKs ran 5 mile races, the "U" inboard v drives ran marathons. 9 hour, 500 miles, 250 miles.
The Unlimited hydros didn't like the U designation on the small inboards, so they forced(bitched) and the name and designation was changed to SC for Speed Classics, but the boats all left the APBA in a huff over the deal and went on their own. Sound familiar Andrew?:yikes:

When they came back to the APBA they started using the name Grand National. There is also a Grand National Hydro (GNH)class that uses similar engine rules that mostly runs in the mid west.

Now lets see if the young whipper snapper Andrew can tell you why crackers have a "P" designation?

He told me the P stands for Patty?

rampgirl
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
that's a cool story Rampgirl. But who let you out of the kitchen:biggrin:

I'm just waiting on my toes to dry so I can go back in and bake a pie.

gn7
10-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks Bob!

CH3NO2
I'll let Andrew explain that along with the "P" designation.:biggrin:

Stainless
10-15-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm just waiting on my toes to dry so I can go back in and bake a pie.

:p

CH3NO2

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks rampgirl and gn7! Anxiously waiting to hear why there's a "P" on the cracker boxes! And since we're on the subject, why are they called Cracker Boxes, why is there a driver and passenger and why are they in the back of the boat?

28eliminator
10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey Bob,

Can you summarize some of the engine specs/rules for the different classes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

gn7
10-15-2013, 07:56 PM
You're asking for a short novel.:happy:
Lets see what the kid weights in with first.

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Paging rivergames...lol

gn7
10-15-2013, 08:34 PM
SS, pretty much a spec engine. 440 max cubic inches big block Chevy only
18ft max length flat bottom approx. 1850 lbs with driver
Specified manufacture for piston, manifold, and heads as manufactured zero modifications
spec gasoline
Single Carb limited by the throttle blade size but open to any modification.
Flat tappet camshaft,
steel connecting rods of the stock length.
Max 4.320 bore, stock 3.766 stroke Limited manufactures allowed for crankshaft
wet sump oil system with oil pump in the pan

Pro Stock:
500 cubic inches, any make production type, iron block, aftermarket OK, no overhead camshaft
Unlimited modifications unlimited carburation or fuel injection, no blowers
methanol alcohol or any gasoline
18 max length flat bottom 1850 lbs minimum weight with driver

K boat
open cockpit: 470 cubic inch limit 8-71 blower
capsuled: unlimited inches unlimited blower
any engine production type, iron block, no overhead camshaft
Unlimited engine modification
18ft flat with special rules for boats up to 21 ft. Minimum weight 2250 lbs. with driver for 18ft, 2400 for 21ft hull

GN
470 cubes for blown engines 525 cubes for unblown engines
any make engine production type, iron block, aftermarket OK
8-71 blower with 3% limited to 3% overdrive
any carburation or injection
unlimited engine modification any oil system
any gasoline or E85
25 ft max, no weight requirement but most weigh in the excess 2500 lbs no driver

All of the above must have rear engine driven thru a v drive to a prop under the boat.

APBA Crackerbox
Probably get some of this wrong
13.5 to 15.5 length with some pretty strict dimensions laidout in the rule book
Minimum weight???
314 cubes iron block based on production engine. aftermarket OK
No overhead camshaft
650 cfm carb with virtually no modifications allowed
unlimited engine modifications
direct drive, no v drive or gear box
gasoline
Note: there is a alternative 275 cube engine that is allowed methanol and fuel injection, but nobody I know of uses the alternative engine today.

Cracker Pro (Lucas Races)
Pretty much the same as above. You would have to ask Andrew about any differences.

EDIT for minimum weight corrections

hbchgirl
10-15-2013, 09:36 PM
SS, pretty much a spec engine. 440 max cubic inches big block Chevy only
18ft max length flat bottom approx. 1600 lbs with driver
Specified manufacture for piston, manifold, and heads as manufactured zero modifications
spec gasoline
Single Carb limited by the throttle blade size but open to any modification.
Flat tappet camshaft,
steel connecting rods of the stock length.
Max 4.320 bore, stock 3.766 stroke Limited manufactures allowed for crankshaft
wet sump oil system with oil pump in the pan

Pro Stock:
500 cubic inches, any make production type, iron block, aftermarket OK, no overhead camshaft
Unlimited modifications unlimited carburation or fuel injection, no blowers
methanol alcohol or any gasoline
18 max length flat bottom 1600 lbs minimum weight with driver

K boat
open cockpit: 470 cubic inch limit 8-71 blower
capsuled: unlimited inches unlimited blower
any engine production type, iron block, no overhead camshaft
Unlimited engine modification
18ft flat with special rules for boats up to 21 ft. Minimum weight 1800 lbs. with driver

GN
470 cubes for blown engines 525 cubes for unblown engines
any make engine production type, iron block, aftermarket OK
8-71 blower with 3% limited to 3% overdrive
any carburation or injection
unlimited engine modification any oil system
any gasoline or E85
25 ft max, no weight requirement but most weigh in the excess 2500 lbs no driver

All of the above must have rear engine driven thru a v drive to a prop under the boat.

APBA Crackerbox
Probably get some of this wrong
13.5 to 15.5 length with some pretty strict dimensions laidout in the rule book
Minimum weight???
314 cubes iron block based on production engine. aftermarket OK
No overhead camshaft
650 cfm carb with virtually no modifications allowed
unlimited engine modifications
direct drive, no v drive or gear box
gasoline
Note: there is a alternative 275 cube engine that is allowed methanol and fuel injection, but nobody I know of uses the alternative engine today.

Cracker Pro (Lucas Races)
Pretty much the same as above. You would have to ask Andrew about any differences.

WOW!!! Thanks gn7!

28eliminator
10-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Makes a little more sense now.. Thanks Bob.

gn7
10-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Heres something to consider about the above rules. Look at the differences between SS and PS, and then consider that the top running SS run well enough to usually beat most of the PS boats, and have won the PS championship numerous times. In fact the PS championship this year will go to a legal SS boat. Those SS guys have their shit together.

Mitch
10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
GN7 KM "unlimited marathon" , was that not the last class name before GN ? Or was that a different group ?

WESTERNAERO
10-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Heres something to consider about the above rules. Look at the differences between SS and PS, and then consider that the top running SS run well enough to usually beat most of the PS boats, and have won the PS championship numerous times. In fact the PS championship this year will go to a legal SS boat. Those SS guys have their shit together.

Isn't that generally the case with most "limited engine mod" racing? The guys restricted need to learn the finite ways of making power. And the unlimited guys just buy the best off the shelf parts and expect to make big power. Plus there is a lot of power to be made up in rotating weight of everything. Maybe the SS guys have a better handle on this idea.

Sharp shooter
10-16-2013, 08:51 AM
GN7 KM "unlimited marathon" , was that not the last class name before GN ? Or was that a different group ?

Ya Bob, what gives? No love for KM? :D

And since the subject on numbers and classes is rolling here, I'd like to point out that many classes have went away. If you see a boat with PC, SK, E etc. The boat possibly raced those classes before the classes disappeared but the letters weren't removed.

Another thing were club letteres. For example DB stood for Desert Boat and ski club and there were many clubs in the 60's.

http://www.v-drivevideo.net/pictures/albums/userpics/AQua1965.jpg

Sharp shooter
10-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Isn't that generally the case with most "limited engine mod" racing? The guys restricted need to learn the finite ways of making power. And the unlimited guys just buy the best off the shelf parts and expect to make big power. Plus there is a lot of power to be made up in rotating weight of everything. Maybe the SS guys have a better handle on this idea.

My humble view concerning the SS vs PS debate is multi faceted.

First, the popularity of the ss class brought in some big money teams in the late 90's. The competition was on a heightened level. The top 3 or 4 teams would spare no expense and experiment with a wide variety of rigging, hull and propeller technologies that hadn't been explored before. Because of this (and some great drivers) the boats and the class excelled.

At the same time, ps became the step child class. I'd even venture to say that ps was a better starter class than ss at one time (before the 80mph nostalgia class took hold). With the less restrictive rules, the performance potential is higher in ps but rarely would you see a boat in that class utilizing every means available to push the limits of the class and driver skill also plays a huge part.

IMO, if Gordon Jennings and David Rankin were to focus as much effort on a PS boat as they do on SS-80 it would never loose to a Super Stock boat unless the drivers were unparalleled. :)

WESTERNAERO
10-16-2013, 09:28 AM
My humble view concerning the SS vs PS debate is multi faceted.

First, the popularity of the ss class brought in some big money teams in the late 90's. The competition was on a heightened level. The top 3 or 4 teams would spare no expense and experiment with a wide variety of rigging, hull and propeller technologies that hadn't been explored before. Because of this (and some great drivers) the boats and the class excelled.

At the same time, ps became the step child class. I'd even venture to say that ps was a better starter class than ss at one time (before the 80mph nostalgia class took hold). With the less restrictive rules, the performance potential is higher in ps but rarely would you see a boat in that class utilizing every means available to push the limits of the class and driver skill also plays a huge part.

IMO, if Gordon Jennings and David Rankin were to focus as much effort on a PS boat as they do on SS-80 it would never loose to a Super Stock boat unless the drivers were unparalleled. :)

That's interesting, I didn't know there was an ongoing debate about this. I go to long beach every year to watch and that's about all I know about the circle boats.:biggrin:
However, what Bob was saying reminds me of almost all roundy-round racing. And to your point, I think a lot of racers enjoy the more limited classes because of the competitive nature of it. I would guess the SS boats have 20 times the money, time and experience invested than the PS.

rivergames
10-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Hey Bob, I beleive the "P" stand for Pacifc

rivergames
10-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Pacific One Hull Design

POHD was another class that was similar to crackers but with sponsons

Crackerbox hull developed and raced with the POHD

POHD faded out and crackerbox class came about. Crackerboxs had the "P" designation from that beginning.

Sharp shooter
10-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks Bob!

CH3NO2

According to an old powerboat magazine I have (1968), (while building the first boat) a friend of the original builder walked into his shop and said; "that boat looks like a cracker box". The name stuck.

pvhca1
10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
How did the Enduro work out this past weekend? I know a few people were thinking it would be a failure, haven't seen or read any info about the success or non success.

rivergames
10-16-2013, 10:55 AM
How did the Enduro work out this past weekend? I know a few people were thinking it would be a failure, haven't seen or read any info about the success or non success.

The enduro is next weekend 10-26

pvhca1
10-16-2013, 10:58 AM

Thanks Buddy, got the drags and the enduro all jacked, LOL!!

K-034
10-16-2013, 11:05 AM
This is a inresting thread,

I got my number from the boat my dad was crew cheif on, I was about 15 and went to almost all of the races, one of the best times in my life

rivergames
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks Buddy, got the drags and the enduro all jacked, LOL!!

This month has been crazy with races and boat shows :buddies:

gn7
10-16-2013, 12:59 PM
When the Faulkners bust out PS70 at Burley and stuff Ty in the seat, theres not much out that can run with it. And its by no means a full tilt Pfaff 500 incher. It has just enough to keep everybody else behind it. But you are very correct Jerry. If a top SS team built a full tilt 500 inch PS boat, no SS could run with it.

That's interesting, I didn't know there was an ongoing debate about this. I go to long beach every year to watch and that's about all I know about the circle boats.:biggrin:
However, what Bob was saying reminds me of almost all roundy-round racing. And to your point, I think a lot of racers enjoy the more limited classes because of the competitive nature of it. I would guess the SS boats have 20 times the money, time and experience invested than the PS.

SS started out as a starter class for inboard flat bottom, with SK and later PC(pro comp) being the upper more expensive classes. SK fell away, PC changed to PS and SS started becoming extremely popular. A unbelievably GREAT racer named Lance Faulkner put a lot of effort into making the SS the premier flat bottom class, raising a lot of sponsorship money and attracting the best of the best to compete in the class. After we lost Lance the class slip a little. Dave Rankin has pickup the banton and kept the class alive. Its made a big come back in the past couple years with some top boats running very well, Buckles/Devine 36, Smith/fitzgerald24, Bloomfield55 Too Tall Charlie and some others. The field is STACKED today. :action-smiley-035:

Hey Bob, I beleive the "P" stand for Pacifc

Pacific One Hull Design

POHD was another class that was similar to crackers but with sponsons

Crackerbox hull developed and raced with the POHD

POHD faded out and crackerbox class came about. Crackerboxs had the "P" designation from that beginning.
I am impressed Andrew!!! :yourock:

According to an old powerboat magazine I have (1968), (while building the first boat) a friend of the original builder walked into his shop and said; "that boat looks like a cracker box". The name stuck.
According to an article written by Culp that I gave to Amy, a worker at Joe Mandella's worked out the design as a cheap easy to build hull design the average guy could build in his garage. Like you said, somebody said it looked like a crackerbox and the name stuck. Never seen a 1940s crackerbox to know what one looked like.
Thanks for the reminder about KM. For some reason I always forget about that designation.

Your entered right?? You best buddy is the race director:biggrin:

Need to make a correction on the rules I posted earlier. A couple years ago while I was asleep at the wheel, they raised the minimum weights of the flat classes.
SS and PS are now 1850 with driver. K is 2250 with dirver. the 21 ft hull in K is 2400 with driver. Sorry about that.:oops:

Stainless
10-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Very educating thread thusfar. Love hearing you racers talk about your classes and experiences! ;)

hbchgirl
10-16-2013, 01:04 PM

I got my number from the boat my dad was crew cheif on, I was about 15 and went to almost all of the races, one of the best times in my life

Awesome!!!

hbchgirl
10-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Very educating thread thusfar. Love hearing you racers talk about your classes and experiences! ;)

Me too!!! So much I didn't know!

HB Vic
10-16-2013, 01:45 PM

That's very cool :thumbup: No doubt that's where the 34 came from. Nice!

76Bonneville
10-16-2013, 01:54 PM
C/J 511
5 - May the month my daughter was born
11 - November the month my son was born
Cremesicle was the name it pick up while we were restoring it.

rivergames
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM
I am impressed Andrew!!! :yourock:

Your entered right?? You best buddy is the race director:biggrin:

It helps to be good friends with the Legends of the Crackerbox class. Plus I try to pick their brain as much as possible so when I am that age, I can share the History of the class...

In regards to the Enduro, RD is a buddy of mine and I hope the race goes well for him. Out of respect for his deal, I won't get into what I think of his race director :rolleyes

rivergames
10-16-2013, 02:23 PM

I am not sure, but I am going to Bob Pattersons shop in a few days. I will try to see what kind of info I can dig up.

I do know this picture has been around for a while

Domonic Cotroni circa 1936 @ LB Marine stadium

Bobby V
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM

I hear they have close to 40 boats entered and some good $$$ for the racers. :thumbsUp:

hbchgirl
10-16-2013, 02:48 PM
C/J 511
5 - May the month my daughter was born
11 - November the month my son was born
Cremesicle was the name it pick up while we were restoring it.

Very cool! Thanks 76Bonneville!

hbchgirl
10-16-2013, 02:49 PM
I am not sure, but I am going to Bob Pattersons shop in a few days. I will try to see what kind of info I can dig up.

Great photo!

Sharp shooter
10-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Ya I have a copy of that pic. That was the guy. It was Domonics buddy who made the comment (if the magazine is correct).

gn7
10-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Ya I have a copy of that pic. That was the guy. It was Domonics buddy who made the comment (if the magazine is correct).

that's the guy that work for Joe Mandella!!! Great pic Andrew. That's a right click save photo right there.
I think the trailer is made of 2 by lumber.

gn7
10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
If you win you will still come up 4000.00 short of what it cost to run it. Unless to run a outboard. Then you are only 2500 short.
THATS IF YOU WIN THE OVERALL!

GotHalos
10-16-2013, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Carbon;42211]Cool explanations RG!

Yes she handed over the boat to her kid brother two years ago. He is in 3rd place now.
Sancho's DNA will be there running the 9 second class. Hoping to take out the first and second place points leaders! We need the winter to build another promod.
I don't keep up with every classes points chases but I do know that Pro mod and top eliminator and modified are really competitive classes and it's not uncommon to see upwards of 20 something boats in these classes.

here are pics of both boats...

Come on out to the finals and see us.

Bounty Hunter :thumbup:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/yga8udeg.jpg

A little wrinkled.....lol

76Bonneville
10-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Competition Jet

515ci Iron Block
475ci Alum. Block ?
Alum. Heads Are Allowed
No Overhead Cams
Naturally Asperated
24' Max Length
No Weight Restrictions

rampgirl
10-17-2013, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=rampgirl;42224]

Bounty Hunter :thumbup:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/yga8udeg.jpg

Awesome!!
A little wrinkled.....lol

Sent from somewhere in Texas!

gn7
10-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Competition Jet

515ci Iron Block
475ci Alum. Block ?
Alum. Heads Are Allowed
No Overhead Cams
Naturally Asperated
24' Max Length
No Weight Restrictions

You left out the biggey

FULL STINGER HULL

Also any alum block must the OEM factory block, no after alum block

Unforgiven
10-17-2013, 09:58 AM

I crewed on this boat back when Dean use to drive it,at the Time Ellory Mullock tuned it. the following season, Donnie Couch took over tuning duties and Tim Capaldi was shoeing the boat (rip) this is one of the best times racing. Running SHOWTIME TAH with Mike Boyce will probably be one of my all time favorites!!...

76Bonneville
10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
You left out the biggey

FULL STINGER HULL

Also any alum block must the OEM factory block, no after alum block
You're right Bob. I left out a lot of the details. But then again you left us out completly.
Ditch pumps bolted up to Sprint boats, right.