PDA

View Full Version : Some fucker tried to break into our house tonight....

Tishimself
10-10-2013, 10:38 PM
And for the first time in my life, I wished to God I owned a gun. I fucking felt naked. Never again. Tomorrow I'm buying a shotgun. Fucker follower her into the gate and right up to the house......

Stainless
10-11-2013, 04:37 AM
And for the first time in my life, I wished to God I owned a gun. I fucking felt naked. Never again. Tomorrow I'm buying a shotgun. Fucker follower her into the gate and right up to the house......

Wow, glad you were home with your wife.

CH3NO2

28eliminator
10-11-2013, 05:19 AM

Pretty scary feeling.. Glad it didn't go any further.

2 years ago the wife and I were woken up in the middle if the night by our alarm going off... Scared the shit out of us. Someone tried to come in through one of the sliders through our backyard. Fortunately the alarm scared them off..

I know the feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

314joey
10-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Exactly why I keep a loaded 357 under my bed, too many dirty fockers, glad everything turned out OK.

riverrunner1984
10-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Yah, that would scare the shit out of me and my girl.
I want to buy a 38 special but I have yet to talk her into it. She is scared of guns and is afraid the robber will use it on her.
I am making a big of leeway though as there a more and more reports of home invasion robberies.
Glad to hear you guys are ok

Stainless
10-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Yah, that would scare the shit out of me and my girl.
I want to buy a 38 special but I have yet to talk her into it. She is scared of guns and is afraid the robber will use it on her.
I am making a big of leeway though as there a more and more reports of home invasion robberies.
Glad to hear you guys are ok

I'm an advocate of a gun for home protection. I know how your gf feels and if she can't bring herself to shoot a perpetrator she is better off with pepper spray IMO.

CH3NO2

Stainless
10-11-2013, 05:51 AM
And add to that a self defense course would likely give her more confidence to deal with a would be attacker.

CH3NO2

Eli
10-11-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm so glad you guys are ok.

I have the same fear of being alone and someone breaking into my house. I recently started learning to use a hand gun. First, I went to a shooting range with a friend, then we went to a instructional class and they taught me even more. I'm still not comfortable owning a fun but I'm working my way there. I'm hoping to buy one by the end of this year.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
10-11-2013, 06:25 AM
You should buy pepper spray!! Keep it with you at all times! I bought a small spray for my niece along time ago! So many weirdos out there, I think it's a great way to protect yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll pick some up...where do you buy it?

Sent from my Bat Cave

CarolynandBob
10-11-2013, 06:26 AM
I live in the country. Everyone has multiple guns. Nothing gets stolen. Most do not lock their doors including me. The dogs help too.

A armed society is a more polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Stainless
10-11-2013, 06:38 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Try a police equipment store, I here the version police use is stronger than what you can buy at a general store.

CH3NO2

WMC
10-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Glad you guys are OK. I don't own a gun. But I do own one of these:D

sent from WMC's phone

SBS933
10-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Lowlife piles of shit, your house is your castle and they take that safe feeling away. Shotguns are great along with a 45 I.M.O.

314joey
10-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Look where most of the crime is, where's there gun control, in Chicago and New York there's gun control and that's where all the crime is, WTF, give me my 357 S/W.

rivrrts429
10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Pepper spray is a defensive weapon and a distraction at best. It often times will effect the operator as well when used in close quarters. You wouldn't want to be spraying it at an attacker in your house, chances are you yourself will become overwhelmed.

Get a gun and learn to become proficient with it. Practice will build confidence. I don't own weapons because I want to be fucked with, I own them so I am left alone.

This is a good read...

"Why the gun is civilization"

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat–it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldn’t work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn’t both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

ChumpChange
10-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Shotguns are better than handguns for noise purposes alone. Rack that gun and watch them run......unless they're on drugs. Hopefully the slide on my Glock will be enough as well to get them going. The revolver will need to use the bullets.

Napanutt
10-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Exactly why I keep a loaded 357 under my bed, too many dirty fockers, glad everything turned out OK.
This and a couple dogs give me a bit of piece of mind at night.

Wendi
10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Very scary and I'm glad you are all ok. I walked in the front door of my house when I was 8 months pregnant to robbers fleeing out the back sliding door. I was scared to death and alone. They took a lot of stuff and thrashed the place. It is not a good feeling at all.

DC-88
10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
I agree, having a dog makes your home more work to rob, and their presence is always there when you are away. If you take them with you and someone cleans you out , that's what insurance is for. Material things can be replaced21607

Stainless
10-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Lol, I just solved a mystery. I can't open this thread on my work PC. Anyone take a guess why?

CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
10-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Lol, I just solved a mystery. I can't open this thread on my work PC. Anyone take a guess why?

CH3NO2

FUCKERis in the title

Stainless
10-11-2013, 09:20 AM
FUCKERis in the title

Winner!!

CH3NO2

WESTERNAERO
10-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Winner!!

CH3NO2
Cool, what do I win?

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Ugh. So here is what we can best figure out about what happened last night. I first let me say this, all of this happened LIGHTNING fast, and on top of that, we live in a gated community with a security guard patrolling in a car.
So here is what happened. Chrissie went to Church last night, and returns to the house around 8:45 or so. She drives up to the gate, and notices two things. First there are two vehicles at the gate, one actually at the gate, a truck. The other at the callbox, a white Toyota van. As she gets there, she hits the button, gate opens. But as she hits the button, the mini van goes to start doing a u turn to leave. She pulls past the van, which then backs up, and get behind her coming through the gate. They get behind her and follow her. She goes right to the house, the garage door opens and she drives in and puts it down behind her, then enters the house. She comes upstairs, where I am sitting, and we start talking when we both hear noises downstairs in the front of the house. I get up and head down to see what is going on. As I come down the stairs, I hear the front door getting pushed at. someone is trying to find a way into the home. I turn on the front porch light and see a guy run for a white mini van parked in front of the house, and take off out the door to go after him, see if I can get a plate. They take off for the gate and I dial 911. From there two sheriffs show up, along with a CHP neighbor of ours, as well as a few neighbors. The security guard saw nothing, but did say no white mini van passed him going out the gate. Do they live in here?? Maybe.
I get reports of home invasion robberies going on around here (Waterford) in broad daylight last week, which has me wondering, why were they here? What were they after at 9pm at night? It might be a home invasion that got botched, but I have a feeling it was something much worse. I think he/they were after Chrissie. The guy is leaving to go somewhere else, he sees a pretty blonde girl in his rear view mirror, and changes his mind, decides to enter the gate behind her. He follows her, sees where she lives, sees the house is dark. I was upstairs watching TV, the house was blacked out. Looks like she is home alone. She isn't, but he can not see that. So he decides a little fun and games at her expense is in order. I truly believe that if I had not made my presence know, and he had gotten in, Chrissie may not be here with us this morning. I thank God I was here to run him off, but make no mistake, I made a LOT of mistakes, and we are lucky we are ok. I have never considered this house from a tactical point of view, but I sat up all night thinking about it. In my own defense, I can offer this. I never considered the idea that someone who meant to do us harm was outside the door. that will not happen again. I intend to arm the house, but in a way that makes sense, so we have access to protection whether we are upstairs or downstairs. Tactically, this house is a nightmare. There are only two ways to defend it, and both are short term, in the face of someone motivated. No matter what I do in here, I need the cavalry to get here fast.

So what did I do wrong? First, I ran down the stairs. Not good. And I did it without and protection, I should have called 911 right there and stayed upstairs to protect Chris. But I did not know for about a minute what I was dealing with.

Second, I did so unarmed with any kind of a weapon, either upstairs or downstairs. So had someone gotten in, and he was armed, I would have lost. I would not have had a chance. And Chrissie...well....

Third, I ran out the door like a fool. I did what they wanted, I opened the door, and took the bait. Had there been more than one, hiding in the front of the house, he could have run in and locked me out of my own house. While he was locked inside with my wife. I got lucky. VERY lucky last night. When you don't know what's out side the house, don't go out looking. Let the cops do it. Your job is to stay inside and protect your wife. Not run out the door like an idiot.

I will not let that happen again. I have never had any problem or issue with anything like this in nearly 10 years of living here, so by the time I had realized what I was dealing with, I was up to my neck in it.

Pepper spray works good, but not in close quarters. It is an outdoor item that you need to be able to get up wind of. In a house that does not happen. You take yourself out along whoever you shot the stuff at.
Upstairs in this house, the only place to make a stand is at the top of the stairs, with a pistol. For range. So I will buy a .45 from my dad, he has a good one. I'm a one and done guy, no second chances when you play chink chink in this house. Also, 10-20 preloaded clips....plus a shotgun upstairs, for a fall back.
Downstairs in this house is a tactical nightmare. Lots of places to hide, lots of corners, plus a center island within the downstairs that you can literally walk around, meaning a brutal firefight. So a shotgun, 20 gauge, pump action. I want to be able to chamber a round loud enough to make them think twice about coming through the door....if they still want to come in, that's on them. I'll post up some pics later so you can get some idea of what I am talking about. Also going to set up a safe room for Chrissie to get into and call 911. In that room she will take the 45 with her. it will also have a cell phone on 24 hour charge so she can dial 911.

Am I crazy? Over reacting...I don't know. I know this. I don't care about houses, boats, anything in this world except Chrissie. She is the very air I breathe. I look at this as a wake up call. I hope to never have to use any of this stuff, but I never want to feel that naked again as I did last night. Thanks for all the kind words, we are fine, but our eyes are open now.

Stainless
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
You two must have been terrified!
So glad neither of you were touched.
Thanks for coming back on and putting the entire ordeal up, it's scary but the rest of us can learn from it!

CH3NO2

Hye power
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Overreacting? No, I think you are really unprepared now and all at once are tryin to be prepared like you should have been for years. I have an alarm, two dogs, then have multiple guns placed strategically through the house so no matter what door I come through or which floor I'm on I have one near by in case of an emergency. The only thing I would like to get that I have not is a surveillance system around the house but all the systems I see are self install (want it done professionally). Oh and forgot 2 cats lol.

hpboats83
10-11-2013, 12:52 PM

Sent from my Bat Cave

Google Fox Labs, you want something with a high SHO number. The SHO is basically the heat intensity (pain) that the perpetrator will experience. The crap you buy at Walmart etc is right around 2-3 Million which is actually pretty low. The Fox Labs is 5.1 million.

I have a Cane Corso as an alarm system that will buy me enough time to arm myself for WW3.

To the OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you but curious, how long once you called 911 did it take for the first responder to show up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Eli
10-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Google Fox Labs, you want something with a high SHO number. The SHO is basically the heat intensity (pain) that the perpetrator will experience. The crap you buy at Walmart etc is right around 2-3 Million which is actually pretty low. The Fox Labs is 5.1 million.

I have a Cane Corso as an alarm system that will buy me enough time to arm myself for WW3.

To the OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you but curious, how long once you called 911 did it take for the first responder to show up?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Thank you!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Havasu Party Bus
10-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Brett you need some Back Up?

Stainless
10-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Is the revolver with vent rib a Python? :)

CH3NO2

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Yeah, sell me that shotgun in the foreground....LOL...

Havasu Party Bus
10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Is the revolver with vent rib a Python? :)

CH3NO2
Yep but i don't beleave in guns.:badidea:

Yeah, sell me that shotgun in the foreground....LOL...
Brett this is the one you want for the home! Moss 500. And fun to shot as well.:yes:

Stainless
10-11-2013, 07:53 PM

Brett this is the one you want for the home! Moss 500. And fun to shot as well.:yes:

I can't see very well from the pic HPB, but Pythons can be 4x more valuable than original price.

CH3NO2

Bobby V
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM

That gun is bigger then you are. :angry-smiley-018:

Havasu Party Bus
10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
That gun is bigger then you are. :angry-smiley-018:
You know what they say Little Boat, Big ----!:lmao

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I need something small, compact.....this house downstairs has a couple tight spots that I need to be able to move in....long barrels don't get me there...18" or less..

hpboats83
10-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I need something small, compact.....this house downstairs has a couple tight spots that I need to be able to move in....long barrels don't get me there...18" or less..

Once you called 911, how long did it take for first responders to show up?

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Once you called 911, how long did it take for first responders to show up?

Not long...Waterford is not a big place...both cops were in front of the house in 4 minutes...maybe less....as well as a CHP and a couple neighbors....evidently Chrissie put out the alarm on FB....LOL...too funny...;)

hpboats83
10-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Not long...Waterford is not a big place...both cops were in front of the house in 4 minutes...maybe less....as well as a CHP and a couple neighbors....evidently Chrissie put out the alarm on FB....LOL...too funny...;)

That's not too bad. The last two times I've had to call the cops (once because I was in a fist fight with someone) and another because of a car accident both were over 10 minutes.

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 09:23 PM
That's not too bad. The last two times I've had to call the cops (once because I was in a fist fight with someone) and another because of a car accident both were over 10 minutes.

Well like I said, Waterford is a small town. The two cops that were on duty at the most had a three minute drive to get here. There are no coffee shops, the only donut shop is long since closed, and really, nothing ever happens around here, odds are they were at the BBQ place bugging Dan for freebees...;)...I think they got here so fast because they were bored out of their skulls and were curious to see what was up....LOL...most excitement they got all night....

Napanutt
10-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Read your story a couple times today Brett while out and about with the wife today. Very unnerving.
Similar situation with me with the 2 story house and the best place to "stand ground".
We have 2 dogs. Inside dog and out side dog. A lot of peace of mind for a little amount of food the dogs are.

Tishimself
10-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Read your story a couple times today Brett while out and about with the wife today. Very unnerving.
Similar situation with me with the 2 story house and the best place to "stand ground".
We have 2 dogs. Inside dog and out side dog. A lot of peace of mind for a little amount of food the dogs are.

I have two yellow labs. Never heard a peep from them. Worthless as tits on a boar hog.

SummerO
10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
My buddy the local gun dealer sells the "gel" pepper spray. Shoots accurately up to 18 feet and sticks to the target, while virtually none of the mist that goes with traditional spray can fill the air. It's around $30 for a larger can, but he swears by it. It also has the additional benefit of having a dye in it that has to be removed by a hospital with the proper chemical. All the cops have to do is wait for the perp to show up at the hospital and bam he is busted!
I don't actually own any though as my house looks like HavasuPartyBus's table.
My wife and kids have some though.

Stainless
10-13-2013, 07:57 PM
My buddy the local gun dealer sells the "gel" pepper spray. Shoots accurately up to 18 feet and sticks to the target, while virtually none of the mist that goes with traditional spray can fill the air. It's around $30 for a larger can, but he swears by it. It also has the additional benefit of having a dye in it that has to be removed by a hospital with the proper chemical. All the cops have to do is wait for the perp to show up at the hospital and bam he is busted!
I don't actually own any though as my house looks like HavasuPartyBus's table.
My wife and kids have some though.

Haven't heard of the gel, but that sounds like a helluva good idea! ;)

CH3NO2

hpboats83
10-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Agree, what's the name of that product?

Havasu Party Bus
10-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Agree, what's the name of that product?
If they knew you we're going to shot back, they would never try to mess with you.

http://youtu.be/KjH3ZMUks1o

Havasu Party Bus
10-13-2013, 10:04 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ace3ec3617c88ae121daef5e9312b38d/tumblr_msy11zIrsq1raxix5o1_400.gif
LMAO......
Don't forget to close the clip.

hpboats83
10-13-2013, 10:10 PM
If they knew you we're going to shot back, they would never try to mess with you.

http://youtu.be/KjH3ZMUks1o

Hell yeah!

niceguyeddie
10-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear that and glad your ok. A home invasion has got to be some scary shit. I know of a few people that have said they never felt the same in their home after it was broken into.

I just ordered a video surveillance system for my house. That way if I'm not home to send him to his maker, I at least have a video of who came around.