PDA

View Full Version : They grow up fast !

314joey
10-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Here's a pic of my Mom and my Daughter 35 years ago in 1978, it seems like I just took this picture last year, my Mother has since passed (had a great life) and my Daughter is very successful now, the point is, for anyone still having kids at home, enjoy and cherish your Family, because nothing stays the same, Family is everything.

Joker
10-10-2013, 05:51 PM
No kidding. Our daughter just started ASU and it seemed like yesterday I was carrying her on my shoulders. As you said, enjoy every moment as you can.

314joey
10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
No kidding. Our daughter just started ASU and it seemed like yesterday I was carrying her on my shoulders. As you said, enjoy every moment as you can.

YUP, seems only a few years ago my daughter graduated from Mizzou, good luck to her at ASU.

Stainless
10-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Joker and Joey, what are your daughters degrees in?
I have a daughter working on Masters at ASU(satellite campus Tucson) in Psychology. She completed her under grad at UofA.

CH3NO2

Joker
10-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I have a daughter working on Masters at ASU(satellite campus Tucson) in Psychology. She completed her under grad at UofA.

CH3NO2

Shea is doing a major in biology this year, then moving into a major in criminal justice at the downtown campus next year. Her goal is to land a job in forensics.

Stainless
10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Shea is doing a major in biology this year, then moving into a major in criminal justice at the downtown campus next year. Her goal is to land a job in forensics.

Wow, that's very similar to what my younger daughter is pursuing, except she is attending a Jr college for undergrad. Mine wants to work for Border Patrol.

CH3NO2

GotHalos
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Glad to see they finally condemned Manzanita, or whatever they're doing to it lol. Looked like the scene of a scary movie last time I drove by, all the windows were removed.

Joker
10-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Wow, that's very similar to what my younger daughter is pursuing, except she is attending a Jr college for undergrad. Mine wants to work for Border Patrol.

CH3NO2

I do a lot of work for Santa Monica PD and they gave her a tour and told her, there will always be crime and it's a good field to get into.

Joker
10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Glad to see they finally condemned Manzanita, or whatever they're doing to it lol. Looked like the scene of a scary movie last time I drove by, all the windows were removed.

She's in Manzanita now and it's like a 5 star resort. She got lucky, everything is brand new.

GotHalos
10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
She's in Manzanita now and it's like a 5 star resort. She got lucky, everything is brand new.

Oh wow, good to hear. It was definitely on its last legs when I was there.

Good to see they did a complete overhaul, it must have been 2012 when I was last up there, the building was a skeleton.

314joey
10-11-2013, 05:33 AM

CH3NO2

Her undergrad was Political Science, then little miss smarty pants went to St. Louis University Law School (top 10 law school in the country) and then passed the bar first time out, she has her own practice now and is doing very well, she does mostly family law and also, is a child advocate (appointed position) for the State of Missouri, which doesn't pay chit, but it's what she does to give back, she loves kids.

She was voted President St. Louis bar Association when she was 33, it's big deal, I don't know where she gets her smarts, it's not from Dad.

Stainless
10-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Her undergrad was Political Science, then little miss smarty pants went to St. Louis University Law School (top 10 law school in the country) and then passed the bar first time out, she has her own practice now and is doing very well, she does mostly family law and also, is a child advocate (appointed position) for the State of Missouri, which doesn't pay chit, but it's what she does to give back, she loves kids.

She was voted President St. Louis bar Association when she was 33, it's big deal, I don't know where she gets her smarts, it's not from Dad.

Very impressive!
Even more that she has her own practice.
Congratulations!

CH3NO2

314joey
10-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Very impressive!
Even more that she has her own practice.
Congratulations!

CH3NO2

Thanks C, sounds like your Daughter is on her way too.

The only thing about having a Daughter who is a attorney is all the jokes, you've heard them all, but WTF, she loves it.

Stainless
10-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks C, sounds like your Daughter is on her way too.

The only thing about having a Daughter who is a attorney is all the jokes, you've heard them all, but WTF, she loves it.

Not sure if she's mentioned it here, but Eli is an attorney also, she will kill me now, lol.

314joey
10-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Not sure if she's mentioned it here but Eli is an attorney also, she will kill me now, lol.

I paid for Mizzou undegrad,, but she foot the bill for the 3 years of law school, 120K ouch, I was so done with school, I never could have thought of 3 more years of higher education, no way, anyone that does should be proud, come out Eli.

rschap1
10-11-2013, 08:20 AM
TRUEST words ever spoken
Enjoy them while you can
14 year old son
and his 5 year old sister
both seem like yesterday to me

Stainless
10-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I paid for Mizzou undegrad,, but she foot the bill for the 3 years of law school, 120K ouch, I was so done with school, I never could have thought of 3 more years of higher education, no way, anyone that does should be proud, come out Eli.
More or less the same here, both daughters earned scholarships for 4 years undergrad. We bought both of them new cars for their hard work. Oldest got a Impala SS in '07, youngest got a Camaro RS in '12. They are paying for Grad school themselves.

Joker
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Congratulations on your daughters achievements. That is awesome, and you have to be proud.

Joker
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
More or less the same here, both daughters earned scholarships for 4 years undergrad. We bought both of them new cars for their hard work. Oldest got a Impala SS in '07, youngest got a Camaro RS in '12. They are paying for Grad school themselves.

Sounds like I got screwed.:biggrin:, I'm paying for college and she got a new car, although it was only a Ford Focus.
Our got a partial Academic and a grant @ ASU when Cal State would giver her nothing?

314joey
10-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Sounds like I got screwed.:biggrin:, I'm paying for college and she got a new car, although it was only a Ford Focus.
Our got a partial Academic and a grant @ ASU when Cal State would giver her nothing?

She's getting a college education and a shingle that will help her get a good job, I think it's cool, some kids won't get off their butts to go to school, good for her, when she walks you'll be standing tall,.........................hey, that's my kid.

Thanks for the compliments, BTW.

ChumpChange
10-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Not sure if she's mentioned it here, but Eli is an attorney also, she will kill me now, lol.

I think you have that wrong. She is an attorney's secretary. Makes killer coffee!