PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu water levels

niceguyeddie
10-10-2013, 03:26 PM
If the weather is in the mid 80's next weekend, I wanna go out there for one last trip.
Someone was telling me that the lake water is extremely low because they're doing repairs to the Parker Dam. Is this true or BS? I wanna go boating!

Bobby V
10-10-2013, 03:28 PM
It was low 2 weekends ago. Not sure why. No problem boating on Havasu though. Took the no wake side on the way to Topock.

28eliminator
10-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I was pretty low last weekend.. Lower than I've seen it. Didn't stop me from boating though :biggrin:

I say go for it... I'm back out there this weekend

havaduner
10-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Havasu water levels have been at 447.5 ft (that's elevation, not depth) for the last couple weeks. That's a couple feet from full pool. It will probably be there for the next couple weeks. The story goes that the lake is going to drop around the end of November, but nobody seems to know the actual amount of drop. You can look up havasu water levels on the bureau of reclamation website for levels anytime of the year.

Relaxalot
10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Going upriver is hard because the water is so muddy you cannot "read" it . All of the South side is fine but watch for obstacles that are getting taller! Once you get by the mouth of the river there are no problems. I would keep an ear open for peeps having problems on the CA side (no wake) side. So far I have not heard of any major problems. I would stick to that side if you want to go upriver. Have fun.

kevnmcd
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I would like to know as well. I am planning on going out next weekend and launch from the Marina. Does anyone know what the minimum boat size is right now? Any less than 30' and I am screwed as I don't like launching from Windsor.

Havasu Party Bus
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
The water is back up to nomal now as of today.

28eliminator
10-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I would like to know as well. I am planning on going out next weekend and launch from the Marina. Does anyone know what the minimum boat size is right now? Any less than 30' and I am screwed as I don't like launching from Windsor.

They let me in at the marina last weekend, but said the limit was 28'.... My trailer dropped off the ramp launching.. It's pretty low right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

28eliminator
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
The water is back up to nomal now as of today.

Really? That's good... Never mind Kevin.. Lol!!

kevnmcd
10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
They let me in at the marina last weekend, but said the limit was 28'.... My trailer dropped off the ramp launching.. It's pretty low right now.

That is why I asked. I have gone down there early in the season and they have turned me away saying 28' max.

Really? That's good... Never mind Kevin.. Lol!!

:D

YoPengo
10-11-2013, 02:44 PM
That is why I asked. I have gone down there early in the season and they have turned me away saying 28' max.

:D

Cool I get your parking spot. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Slacker
10-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Havasu water levels have been at 447.5 ft (that's elevation, not depth) for the last couple weeks. That's a couple feet from full pool. It will probably be there for the next couple weeks. The story goes that the lake is going to drop around the end of November, but nobody seems to know the actual amount of drop. You can look up havasu water levels on the bureau of reclamation website for levels anytime of the year.

They will be dropping it approx. 6 ft from full pool (450'). Which is suppose to be on Dec. 15th for about a month to do some work on the Parker Dam. As of yesterday the lake level was 447.45'. We ran up river to Topock yesterday, not a problem at all.

kevnmcd
10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
Cool I get your parking spot. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

:AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

Relaxalot
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM

The last two lanes next to the far wall? Right?

28eliminator
10-14-2013, 11:32 AM
The last two lanes next to the far wall? Right?

Exactly..

The wifes favorite lanes :bangmyhead:

Adrift
10-14-2013, 03:50 PM
They will be dropping it approx. 6 ft from full pool (450'). Which is suppose to be on Dec. 15th for about a month to do some work on the Parker Dam. As of yesterday the lake level was 447.45'. We ran up river to Topock yesterday, not a problem at all.
Really, wow the channel will be dry in some places.

Went out Friday the 11th, it looked like it's about 2'+ down from normal, you really notice it in the Channel.
I drove through the 5mph Kali side on the way up to Topock and it was pretty low, had one moron over 5mph digging a hole and throwing up mud:asshole2: hung out in the Gorge clear & clean water with no debris, on the way back to Havi I trimmed it up and gassed it up:happy: through the Center opening, stay to the right near the weeds and you'll be fine, I did notice that the floating debris cluster at the end of the island when you enter the lake, was gone completely :eh:

28eliminator
10-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow, that's not good. Did it damage your fenders at all? That happened to my dad and I years ago in Bullhead, launching on the river.:thumbsdown

No damage.. Just felt one side fall off just as the boat started to float free... it was the same as this weekend... Wayne lied :biggrin: