PDA

View Full Version : Boat Upholstery

SBS933
10-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Getting the boat re-upholsered this winter, going to scrap the white. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with a light grey before I pull the trigger on it ?

28eliminator
10-09-2013, 07:59 PM
A friend of mine had his whole interior done in light grey...... Looks horrible. It sounded good at the time, but when it was done...... Oh fuc!!!!

Just my 2cents.. Maybe it was just his shade if grey, I don't really know. Just looks really plain..

Be careful... He didn't do it in carbon fiber, just the plain vinyl though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

WESTERNAERO
10-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Yep, friends spectra is all grey, looks like shit.

Wendi
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I hope your friends don't come in here and see you saying their boats interior looks like shit lol. I personally would not go from white to light grey.

gn7
10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Yep, friends spectra is all grey, looks like shit.

Only two colors work when you are talking ALL one color. White and black and we know you don't want to go with one of those.

LIGHT grey can work, but you have to bust it up with some color. Piping and strips, maybe light and darker grey, maybe a little white and black or some color, or something. But if its more than 2 buckets, then you have to have something to break it up.

Paul65K
10-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Believe it or not it seems like every little shade darker away from white is also about 1 degree hotter in the middle of summer......plus I think it doesn't look as "Clean" or crisp IMHO.

Cheers!

Stainless
10-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Getting the boat re-upholsered this winter, going to scrap the white. Is there any reason I shouldn't go with a light grey before I pull the trigger on it ?

I'm terrible at colors, looks like some good advice coming out though.

CH3NO2

SBS933
10-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Damn, sure am glad I asked, it is gonna stay white for sure. THANKS

WESTERNAERO
10-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I hope your friends don't come in here and see you saying their boats interior looks like shit lol. I personally would not go from white to light grey.

Friend: I'm going all grey on the interior
Me: Are you sure???????
Friend: Yep

Brings the boat home.........

Friend: What do you think?
Me: Looks like SHIT!!!!
Friend: Yeah, what was I thinking....

HB Vic
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I yanked the all white out of our boat a few years ago and added some color. But also went with carbon fiber vs. straight vinyl. Made a few other changes lol. First was before, second was after.

WESTERNAERO
10-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I yanked the all white out of our boat a few years ago and added some color. But also went with carbon fiber vs. straight vinyl. Made a few other changes lol. First was before, second was after.

That interior looks great, very nice job. But it's got more than JUST grey. Looks about 40% grey.

HB Vic
10-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Thank you, we were pretty happy with it. I think its actually closer to 50-60% grey. The upper panels are grey, the gunnel panels are white. The seats are maybe 50/50 and everything below deck is grey. The carpet gets the hottest of all of it LOL.

Paul65K
10-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank you, we were pretty happy with it. I think its actually closer to 50-60% grey. The upper panels are grey, the gunnel panels are white. The seats are maybe 50/50 and everything below deck is grey. The carpet gets the hottest of all of it LOL.
That is a great looking interior :thumbup::thumbup:

Who did the work??

gn7
10-10-2013, 05:47 AM
http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=21480&stc=1&d=1381375377

I rest my case. Very nice Hotboat.

HB Vic
10-10-2013, 06:05 AM
That is a great looking interior :thumbup::thumbup:

Who did the work??

Thank you. DCB did, but the guy who actually did the upholstery now owns West Coast Marine. I think that's the name of his place.

riverrunner1984
10-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Nice looking interior Hotboat?
Question, did you go from a 4 person back seat to a 3 person back seat?
Im the only person with a boat out of my group of friends so of course I need to take everyone out and the more seating the better for me. I had 6 people in my small ass boat over labor day weekend lol.

HB Vic
10-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Nice looking interior Hotboat?
Question, did you go from a 4 person back seat to a 3 person back seat?
Im the only person with a boat out of my group of friends so of course I need to take everyone out and the more seating the better for me. I had 3 people in my small ass boat over labor day weekend lol.
Yup. Took out the bench and went with a poker run setup. Honestly, I'd remove all the back seats if I had my way j/k LOL. Boat does roll over so much nicer with only 2 people in it.

chevellesb406
10-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Thank you. DCB did, but the guy who actually did the upholstery now owns West Coast Marine. I think that's the name of his place.

That would have been my guess, cool that he did it while at DCB. He actually has a very good website showing different jobs he has doen organized by boat size and configuration, open bow, closed bow etc. Really gave me ideas for mine, now I just need a great idea on how to afford to have him do it. If you like grey and carbon fiber, I think there is a 21 daytona on there that is off the hook.

314joey
10-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I think it's all what you want, we had a little color in our Formula before I re-did it and in the hot Summer sun it was hotter than fock when someone stepped on the color on the sunpad, swoosh, it's gone, went to all white, but that's me, I want a 100% all white boat and that's what I've got.

The only color is that carbon fiber dash that I had custom made so I could fit the new GPS on the dash in front of me, need that bad boy big time on the ICW.

SBS933
10-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I think it's all what you want, we had a little color in our Formula before I re-did it and in the hot Summer sun it was hotter than fock when someone stepped on the color on the sunpad, swoosh, it's gone, went to all white, but that's me, I want a 100% all white boat and that's what I've got.

The only color is that carbon fiber dash that I had custom made so I could fit the new GPS on the dash in front of me, need that bad boy big time on the ICW. I'm with ya Joey, I had the white w/ all the colors to match the boat and I hated it. I went to all white and it looked awesome. I was just looking for a little change and found out it wouldn't be good. I've always used Simple Green to clean them until I used some orange stuff. Well I didn't dillute it and it stained the crap out of it. So i'm just going to stay with the white.

314joey
10-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Post some pis when you're done, love to see new stuff.

SBS933
10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Post some pis when you're done, love to see new stuff. Sure will, I'm taking Mon. off to get a Quote. This time I'm going with the smooth look, last time he talked me into keeping it looking time period with all the stitching.