PDA

View Full Version : While my videos are not political....

Tishimself
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
.....they can be religious. Being a religious person, I feel that shining a positive light on Christianity and goodness in the world wherever and however I find it, where there may not be any, does not harm anyone. But the last video of the glacier almost got political, and that I don't want. They are meant to be something to take a break from your crazy day and watch and escape for a moment. But in the spirit of this awesome planet we live on, I wanted to add to the footage I posted up last night. I know this is not the most boating related content, but there are boats in this video, if that helps.....but sometimes when I see footage like this, I think I have wasted my life not going out and exploring more....hmmmm......in any case...enjoy the video....

http://www.wimp.com/beautifulearth/

gn7
10-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Well, its apparent that I am due for another self inflicted banning.

If you have never seen this film, you owe it to yourself to take the time when you can and watch it. It is amazing just how incredibly unique in the universe this place is. Just our location in the entire universe is virtually perfect for viewing the rest of the universe. We are able to learn as much as we do about the rest of the universe, in part, due to our location in it. Its an hour long, but its a really cool video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF4mMHqfw8A

Tishimself
10-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Well, its apparent that I am due for another self inflicted banning.

If you have never seen this film, you owe it to yourself to take the time when you can and watch it. It is amazing just how incredibly unique in the universe this place is. Just our location in the entire universe is virtually perfect for viewing the rest of the universe. We are able to learn as much as we do about the rest of the universe, in part, due to our location in it. Its an hour long, but its a really cool video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF4mMHqfw8A

I hear you. I used to be all about talking politics. But these days, both sides are so polarized that there is no ability to talk any longer. No one wants to "have a conversation" anymore...so I stay out of it......stick around, your one of the favorites around here....

Wendi
10-08-2013, 06:44 AM
I hear you. I used to be all about talking politics. But these days, both sides are so polarized that there is no ability to talk any longer. No one wants to "have a conversation" anymore...so I stay out of it......stick around, your one of the favorites around here....

I agree with you here. My mom has become an activist And very involved with politics to the extreme. I don't like the comments she makes on FB so I hide her from my timeline. It's not conversation anymore it's become angry and bitter on both sides.

riverrunner1984
10-08-2013, 07:06 AM
I enjoy your videos. If there is any political rhetoric within them, I would just ignore and enjoy the video for what it is and nothing more. Keep them coming!

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 07:12 AM
I don't see anything wrong with either video. Plumbed the second one through the stereo, set my phone against the screen, and watched for almost 30 min on the drive in. Seen similar videos on our solar system, but the eclipse deal was pretty interesting. Cool videos.

RVR SWPR
10-08-2013, 07:22 AM
You guys have actually got a Forum going here.:thumbup: Good morning.

314joey
10-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I don't like the one guys hair.........................lol, good vids.

ChumpChange
10-08-2013, 09:51 AM
You guys have actually got a Forum going here.:thumbup: Good morning.

I came for the free coffee and stayed for the forum!

The Doctor
10-08-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree with you here. My mom has become an activist And very involved with politics to the extreme. I don't like the comments she makes on FB so I hide her from my timeline. It's not conversation anymore it's become angry and bitter on both sides.

It has become unavoidable as politics, which used to be casual opinions, now directly effects our personal lives, our employment, our wealth, our healthcare, our future, our nation and our children and beyond.

Apathy or ignorance, may be the root or out problems today.

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 10:38 AM
We really appreciate you guys keeping the politics to an absolute minimum. Sometimes its hard not to discuss this stuff, especially with as much going on as there is today. We, hotboat.com, made the decision long ago to keep this site as politic free as possible. And trust me, as the operators of this site, we're just as opinionated as anyone else. But I just didn't see any value in a PRF, that's why we don't have one. If we're gonna argue, I'd rather argue about Ford vs Chevy, blown vs. turbo vs NA, carb vs EFI, than who's blown our budget or who promised what. Politics can really stink up a room. And we all know what we do when a room starts to stink :D

gn7
10-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Glad to see you didn't throw the v drive-I/O-jet discussion into that post. That would have just been flat stupid. They haven't built a 260mph jet or I/O yet, let alone in a 1000ft.

If you even mentioned O/Bs it could have been grounds for banning.

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Glad to see you didn't throw the v drive-I/O-jet discussion into that post. That would have just been flat stupid. They haven't built a 260mph jet or I/O yet, let alone in a 1000ft.

If you even mentioned O/Bs it could have been grounds for banning.

I chose what I did very carefully lol :D

ChumpChange
10-08-2013, 11:15 AM
And we all know what we do when a room starts to stink :D

Light a match?

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Light a match?

And/or leave :D

gn7
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I chose what I did very carefully lol :D
:biggrin: This isn't Bayiners R Us, or BassBoat.com.
Now that would be stinking up the room!

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM
:biggrin: This isn't Bayiners R Us, or BassBoat.com.
Now that would be stinking up the room!

I've seen some Bass Buggies haul the mail. That's all I have to say LOL