View Full Version : Question ?

GotHalos
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm a rookie in the v-drive scene, so go easy on me. :biggrin:

How come there are multiple tanks?

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/attachment.php?attachmentid=20880&stc=1&d=1381031019

Outboardguru
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
The little tank up top is a puke tank. As far as the stack tanks, that is just the style he chooses to run that much fuel. You can see it tear drop down to avoid sloshing. I personally don't like the stack tanks as it is just too tall and too much to look at. We run Imco rectangular tanks that sit lower and have a separate chamber that prevents sloshing. You don't want a bunch of weight up high in the boat when you are going around turns at 60 or 70.

HB Vic
10-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Oh I know a puke tank when I see one lol

GotHalos
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Vic,

The little tank up top is a puke tank. As far as the stack tanks, that is just the style he chooses to run that much fuel. You can see it tear drop down to avoid sloshing. I personally don't like the stack tanks as it is just too tall and too much to look at. We run Imco rectangular tanks that sit lower and have a separate chamber that prevents sloshing. You don't want a bunch of weight up high in the boat when you are going around turns at 60 or 70.

I think you got me confused with someone else ,lol. Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Sure is a nice boat.

gn7
10-08-2013, 08:31 AM
I think you got me confused with someone else ,lol. Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Sure is a nice boat.

That happens with him a lot, but its usually women's names he can't keep straight:yikes: