PDA

View Full Version : Brett's amazing video for the day.....

Tishimself
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
The largest Glacial calving EVER recorded on tape....you gotta see this to believe it.....enjoy....and be in awe of this AMAZING thing we live on called earth...

http://www.wimp.com/glaciercalving/

gn7
10-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Amazing piece of video. Just not sure how much I like the idea of Al Gore having 20 years of ammunition in his global warming rhetoric.
Couple videos like that and he'll have a billion more nut swingers demanding we all turn out boats into planters and sand boxes

Tishimself
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Gore is an idiot. This planet has been doing this for billions of years. gore just makes money off liberal fear....which, is quite easy if you think of it.

gn7
10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
The earth is an amazing place as you said. As assume as that video was, imagine seeing that first hand, up close and personal.
But to give you an idea of how they like to make something like that seem so monsterous, they always use Manhattan as a reference. On the tiny little island of Maui there is a mountain called Mt. Haleakala. Sure you heard of it. The island, and the mountain were formed by that volcano. At the top of the mountain there is a hole in the earth that was the mouth of volcano. TWO MANHATTANS will fit in the hole, and not a single building wuld stick above the rim. All in that one hole, on that one little mountain on that one little island.

Now imagine all the noxious gases from chlorine to CO2 and fine silica that came out of that volcano during its life time. Then thing of all the volcanos in the world. And the earth not only survived them, it flourish because of them.

We should all be in awe of this stuff, not being made to fear it.
Everytime you see a rounded stone in the middle of the desert, like all around Las Vegas, remember it was made rounded by a glacier, Where are they today, and which generation of man should we blame for their disappearance.

It is a cool awe inspiring video. Thanks for sharing it.

Stainless
10-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Cool video Brett, thanks for posting it! ;)

16X BRC1

314joey
10-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Awesome video, Mother Nature is amazing, but I'll keep any further personnel comments to myself, it's best.

riverrunner1984
10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Great video!

gn7
10-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Awesome video, Mother Nature is amazing, but I'll keep any further personnel comments to myself, it's best.

I only made those comments because it was more than a little obvious that the clip was nothing more than propaganda clip for Al Gores global warming campaign. Its too bad that a clip of awesomeness of nature has to be jacked up with some political agenda.

I guess its ok to comment on the awe of the clip, so long as you don't mention the dickwad at the end of the clip. :secret:

314joey
10-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I only made those comments because it was more than a little obvious that the clip was nothing more than propaganda clip for Al Gores global warming campaign. Its too bad that a clip of awesomeness of nature has to be jacked up with some political agenda.

I guess its ok to comment on the awe of the clip, so long as you don't mention the dickwad at the end of the clip. :secret:

Yes, the Earth is awesome and we probably agree on the other stuff too, I just know that there's a effort to keep our political views to ourselves and my comment wasn't directed at anyone, just a comment.