PDA

View Full Version : Miramar airshow

McRib
10-04-2013, 07:28 AM
CANCELED!!!!

due to the government shut down the base has canceled the air show. The base is going to be out 1.5 million dollars they usually raise for base morale, welfare, and recreation (MWR) programs that the base personnel have at there disposal.*What a shame. Thw show is Fuggen awesome. Prob the best next to the one during fleet week in thw san Francisco bay.

riverrunner1984
10-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I heard on the news that this was the most attended, best airshow in the US. I may have to check it out next year is the govt re-opens.

Wendi
10-04-2013, 07:44 AM
What a bummer!

Stainless
10-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Yea, this stuff is crazy.Can you believe the Grand Canyon is closed too? People come from all over the world to visit GC. The shutdown caused me to cancel a wakeboard trip this weekend too! :angry:

GotHalos
10-04-2013, 09:43 AM
That blows. :airplane:

Cole Trickle
10-04-2013, 10:02 AM
There were people calling into radio stations yesterday stating that the weddings they planned a year ago were canceled at national parks and they were refusing to refund the deposit.

Can you imagine having to scramble to find a venue for 100+ people with 3-4 days notice and getting fucked out of your hard earned deposit.

This country is all kind of messed up.....

Sad part about it is obamacare will eventually be passed after enough republicans get there wallets or careers greased.

HB Vic
10-04-2013, 10:44 AM
More proof that these people have been promoted to the highest level of incompetence 😳

WESTERNAERO
10-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I thought national parks belong to the people not the politicians????? I never authorized the parks to be closed, did any of you?:headscratch:

Ziggy
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I thought national parks belong to the people not the politicians????? I never authorized the parks to be closed, did any of you?:headscratch:

I never authorized them to charge me more money to go into them either......
This Administration blows donkey dick:(:thumbdown:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Paul65K
10-04-2013, 05:54 PM
This Administration blows donkey dick:(:thumbdown:

Where the hell did you get that one????

Cigalert
10-04-2013, 06:31 PM
There were people calling into radio stations yesterday stating that the weddings they planned a year ago were canceled at national parks and they were refusing to refund the deposit.

Can you imagine having to scramble to find a venue for 100+ people with 3-4 days notice and getting fucked out of your hard earned deposit.

This country is all kind of messed up.....

Sad part about it is obamacare will eventually be passed after enough republicans get there wallets or careers greased.

My sister does flowers and coordination for weddings in Yosemite. My mom lives in the park. Rumor has it, if you are a guest of my mom they let you in the gate. I guess quite a few people showed up to visit my mom today.

hpboats83
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Let's go re-open the parks kind of like the guys did for the vets and the Lincoln memorial.