PDA

View Full Version : Interested in working a Refueling Outage?

Unforgiven
10-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Here's some info if your interested in working a refueling outage here at Diablo Nuclear Power Plant:

PG&E’s Diablo Canyon Power Plant to Host Hiring Fair on Oct. 4
www.pgecurrents.com
AVILA BEACH – With two planned maintenance and refueling outages scheduled at Diablo Canyon Power Plant in 2014, PG&E is again looking to hire workers to support these projects. Opportunities for outage work and full-time jobs at PG&E, as well as how local companies can do business with the utility,....Hiring Fair to be held Friday, Oct. 4

If you are wondering how someone you know can apply to be a part of the 1R18 Outage Team, the following information may be of help to you.

Though the majority of our DCPP outage positions are filled by plant employees or returning outage workers, there will be a limited number of openings for ...new outage employees. If you know of someone who is interested in being part of the 1R18 Outage Team, please share with them one of the following processes on how to apply:

Send an email with an attached resume to DCPPOH@pge.com
Look for a posting on SLOJobs.com (live on 9/17/2013)
Attend the Hiring Fair at the Energy Education Center on 10/4/2103

The Hiring Fair will follow an open house format and is meant to provide community members, job seekers and small business owners with information and resources regarding employment and contracting opportunities with PG&E and Diablo Canyon. The event will be held on Friday, October 4, 2013 at the Energy Education Center at 6588 Ontario Road in San Luis Obispo. We will host two identical sessions that day; one from 2:30pm-4:30pm, and the second from 5:30-7:30pm. The event is free and open to the public; no advance registration is necessary to attend.

Resumes will be accepted through 10/7/2013. The interview process will begin in November and the potential candidates will be selected for interviews based on their respective resumes. For additional information on outage hiring, please go to our internal site: http://wwwnpg/gensvcs/outagehiring.

ChumpChange
10-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Ever since watching The Simpsons, I felt that working at a Nuclear Power Plant would be a pretty sweet job. Mmmmmmmm donuts........

Wendi
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Ever since watching The Simpsons, I felt that working at a Nuclear Power Plant would be a pretty sweet job. Mmmmmmmm donuts........
I'm actually looking for a job do you think they would hire me?

Unforgiven
10-01-2013, 10:56 AM
put in a resume..better yet come on up on Friday..go to the Hiring Fair...we can go drinking afterwards...

314joey
10-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Nuclear plant and drinking.................hmmmmmmm. :Banane21:

Unforgiven
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Nuclear plant and drinking.................hmmmmmmm. :Banane21:

Just to be clear..The job fair is located off site..also any drinking will be offsite..I just want to make that clear to everybody out there!.Now the donuts, I can't confirm or deny the existence to donuts on site...

314joey
10-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Just to be clear..The job fair is located off site..also any drinking will be offsite..I just want to make that clear to any tree huggers out there..

I was playing, but maybe a little clarification was in order, if it was on-site I was wanting to send my resume in.