PDA

View Full Version : Topoc Bar

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Defiantly a cool atmosphere, nice docks and the service is pretty good(except for the guy working behind the bar last Sat)... I have no idea how that guy got a job.

The food was "ok", prices are decent, but they make a really weak cocktail! I had to pay for a triple and the cup was still less than half full of vodka. When I watched him pour Kettle into the clear solo cup, he seriously stopped at the very bottom line of the cup. That's crap...

Other than there under par bartender, the rest of the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. Unlike at PC where pretty much every employee there is useless and has a piss poor attitude.

What does everyone else think of the place?

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 09:54 PM
...btw I would go back there before I went to PC. I understand they just opened and have a few bugs to work out. Hopefully they just step up in a few areas.

DC-88
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
The owners made a point to introduce themselves when we were there eating/drinking which was pretty cool. Someone put some bucks into it so I hope it succeeds

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 10:00 PM
The owners made a point to introduce themselves when we were there eating/drinking which was pretty cool. Someone put some bucks into it so I hope it succeeds

Yea that's pretty cool, I hope they do well! I like the place. I just think the food and drinks could use a lil upgrade.

Relaxalot
09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Good food, nice place, cold beer, swimming pool, good service, what's not to like? Welcome back!!!

Joker
09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
We've been there twice and thought it was good. I think the dining area is too small, but that's just my opinion.

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 10:27 PM
What did you eat? I ordered chip steak nachos and chicken fingers.

Joker
09-30-2013, 10:28 PM
What did you eat? I ordered chip steak nachos and chicken fingers.

Coors light.

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Lmao!!!

Wendi
10-01-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm dying to go! Probably drive up this winter some time.

Eli
10-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I like the place. It was quiet when I went, but very nice. I hope it does well!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Menace Marine
10-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Liked the nachos. Love the pool. Only thing I have to complain about is the shallow water at the entrance. I drug the drive a little going through last time. Really hope they stay in business.

Joker
10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Liked the nachos. Love the pool. Only thing I have to complain about is the shallow water at the entrance. I drug the drive a little going through last time. Really hope they stay in business.

I agree, did the same thing going in. I'm not sure how they will control issues with the entrance.

Bobby V
10-01-2013, 08:04 AM
I agree, did the same thing going in. I'm not sure how they will control issues with the entrance.

They are supposedly able to dredge the entrnce once a year. Around April / May is what I have heard.

78Southwind
10-01-2013, 10:56 AM
We've been there about four times since they fully opened. We've only eaten there twice. We had the build your own omelet which was great and another time we ordered hot wings which were good. I really don’t drink while boating but MMA had a couple beers there and a mixed drink. The prices aren't bad so I don’t think we can complain much. The service was good for the pressure they were under (trying to learn the POS system) the first time we went and is much better now. Chet also stopped by a couple times and said hi which was cool.

One of the coolest things besides the pool is the promotional magnet for the Avi at the bottom of the beer cups. Avi is only a 25 minute boat ride from our place at Laguna Nueva so we head down there for lunch/dinner a lot. This last time the promotional magnet was a two for one dinner deal which I thought was pretty cool.

We will continue going there and I think it will only get better. They had an end of Summer party there this weekend. It was Disco themed. Did anyone make it? They had shuttles for $10 to $15 shuttling people from Havasu and Bullhead (personally I think that is a great idea).

Joker
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
We've been there about four times since they fully opened. We've only eaten there twice. We had the build your own omelet which was great and another time we ordered hot wings which were good. I really don’t drink while boating but MMA had a couple beers there and a mixed drink. The prices aren't bad so I don’t think we can complain much. The service was good for the pressure they were under (trying to learn the POS system) the first time we went and is much better now. Chet also stopped by a couple times and said hi which was cool.

One of the coolest things besides the pool is the promotional magnet for the Avi at the bottom of the beer cups. Avi is only a 25 minute boat ride from our place at Laguna Nueva so we head down there for lunch/dinner a lot. This last time the promotional magnet was a two for one dinner deal which I thought was pretty cool.

We will continue going there and I think it will only get better. They had an end of Summer party there this weekend. It was Disco themed. Did anyone make it? They had shuttles for $10 to $15 shuttling people from Havasu and Bullhead (personally I think that is a great idea).

My sister and her husband live in Golden Showers and they attended the disco party.

78Southwind
10-01-2013, 11:56 AM
My sister and her husband live in Golden Showers and they attended the disco party.

How did they like it? Anything different?