PDA

View Full Version : Wife's New To Her Car.

RogerThat99
09-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Well we finally traded the Wife's Minivan that she HAD TO HAVE (2 years ago) on a New To Her Tahoe this weekend. The Tahoe is just stock and nothing special, but I am glad to have a car I don't mind driving and to finally have that minivan out of my life. Most of my Trucks / SUV's have either been lifted or lowered. I am just going to leave this one stock...maybe put some chrome wheels on it when it needs new tires.

ChumpChange
09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Very nice. Perfect setup to start with. ;).

Stainless
09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Very nice, congrats RT99 and Mrs.!

Carbon aka Stainless

RogerThat99
09-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Very nice, congrats RT99 and Mrs.!

Carbon aka Stainless

It is a long story, but I am happy to have a new car for her...and pissed that she insisted we get rid of her Suburban 2 years ago to get the POS minivan. LOL. The Suburban was just WAY TOO BIG...and this is maybe 2 or 3 feet shorter?? :D

Wendi
09-29-2013, 02:28 PM
That is my next car and white is right! Congrats

314joey
09-29-2013, 03:11 PM
When we got a new ride a few months ago we went ICE white too, it's cooler in the Summer, nice looking ride, agree, better for Dad to be driving a SUV than a mini-van, good move.

ChumpChange
09-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Ever since seeing the Myth Buster episodes where the measures the temps in the green car vs the white car, I've bought white. Much much cooler than my black cars.

Menace Marine
09-29-2013, 03:22 PM
My wife drives a Tahoe. It is a great car. Drives so nice. Plenty of room inside but you can still park it anywhere.

RogerThat99
09-29-2013, 03:31 PM
When we got a new ride a few months ago we went ICE white too, it's cooler in the Summer, nice looking ride, agree, better for Dad to be driving a SUV than a mini-van, good move.

Dad rarely drove it. I think I drove 2 or 3 times in the last year. I won't drive the Tahoe much either, but at least I won't avoid it like the plague. :D

sent using Tapatalk.

314joey
09-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh, yea back at LOTO Terri had a triple black CTS, that lasted about six months down here, sold it on autotrader and got a new white SRX, Terri loves it and I'm cool with driving it too, driving in the hotter Southern states a dark car is brutal.

HB Vic
09-29-2013, 04:43 PM
All it needs is one of these in the rear window :D20304

RogerThat99
09-30-2013, 06:11 AM
There is no room with her running stickers. LOL.

sent using Tapatalk.

Eli
09-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Congrats! I wouldn't drive a minivan either ;)

The Tahoe is very nice!

Sent from my Bat Cave

RogerThat99
09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Here is the deal. She had a ver nice looking black Suburban. Fully loaded, lowered, with nice wheels and about 38,000 miles. It would have been paid off by now.

About 2 years ago she says it is too big and a minivan was they way to go. I resisted as long as I could, but eventually gave in. After 2 years with the minivan (that I nicknamed Weenie), she hated it and wanted a Tahoe. I said we should have kept the Suburban. Her response was it was too big and a Tahoe is much smaller. I chuckled and just said OK. LOL.

sent using Tapatalk.

314joey
09-30-2013, 07:51 AM
You really didn't think you were going to win that discussion did you. lol .......................... Happy Wife Happy Life. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stainless
09-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Here is the deal. She had a ver nice looking black Suburban. Fully loaded, lowered, with nice wheels and about 38,000 miles. It would have been paid off by now.

About 2 years ago she says it is too big and a minivan was they way to go. I resisted as long as I could, but eventually gave in. After 2 years with the minivan (that I nicknamed Weenie), she hated it and wanted a Tahoe. I said we should have kept the Suburban. Her response was it was too big and a Tahoe is much smaller. I chuckled and just said OK. LOL.

sent using Tapatalk.

I vaguely remember you going through the minivan transformation RT, welcome back! :D

Carbon aka Stainless

GRADS
09-30-2013, 10:47 AM
So I guess this means you have the green light to buy a boat since you have something to tow it with?

ChumpChange
09-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Congrats! I wouldn't drive a minivan either ;)

The Tahoe is very nice!

Sent from my Bat Cave

My wife has had an Odessey for the last year or so. The thing is pimped out inside. We looked at Tahoes and Suburbans but the issue was they were just too big. Not when driving but when putting the kids in and out of. The van enables my little kids, all four of them under six years old, to climb in and out by themselves. No doors swinging into other parked cars, no doors slamming on their fingers, and many other positives including the better fuel mileage.

She was driving our 2500HD prior to the fourth kid which pushed us into the new vehicle and the van is actually bigger interior wise then the Sub.

mrs.daytona
09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Very nice! I love the Tahoe/Yukon SUVs. I miss mine, but I'm happy with my car. By the way....you failed to post a picture of the back of it. There's a hitch, right? You're going to need that for your boat.....next year we might only let Mrs.RT99 ride on ours :D

HB Vic
09-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Very nice! I love the Tahoe/Yukon SUVs. I miss mine, but I'm happy with my car. By the way....you failed to post a picture of the back of it. There's a hitch, right? You're going to need that for your boat.....next year we might only let Mrs.RT99 ride on ours :D

Congratulations on the wheels. Nice hoopty :D

GRADS
09-30-2013, 08:27 PM
All it needs is one of these in the rear window :D20304

Where do I get one of those?

09-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Very nice RT99, love the white with tan leather..... :thumbsUp:

Marko
09-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Nice Scott, Just needs some red and blue strobes inside the windshield and inside the back windows and i'll bet people will get out of the way! :happy:

09-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Nice Scott, Just needs some red and blue strobes inside the windshield and inside the back windows and i'll bet people will get out of the way! :happy:

Two posts in one day? That has got to be a record for you...... :biggrin:

Marko
09-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Ha! Really, I'm a regular social butterfly huh?

314joey
10-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Suggestion, we tinted the windows, when our car came from the factory the front windows weren't tinted, looks like yours might not be either, makes it tons cooler inside.
We had some cool 3M stuff film on them and it makes a huge diff.

HB Vic
10-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Where do I get one of those?

Having some made now. Previous ones were a little different. When they're done I'll let everyone know.

RogerThat99
10-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Having some made now. Previous ones were a little different. When they're done I'll let everyone know.

Paging Admin!!! We have a Threadjacker spamming in my thread. :D

GRADS
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Suggestion, we tinted the windows, when our car came from the factory the front windows weren't tinted, looks like yours might not be either, makes it tons cooler inside.
We had some cool 3M stuff film on them and it makes a huge diff.

It's illegal in CA and a good reason to get pulled over.

314joey
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
It's illegal in CA and a good reason to get pulled over.

I meant the driver and front seat passenger side windows, not the front window, the front is illegal down here too.

RogerThat99
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I meant the driver and front seat passenger side windows, not the front window, the front is illegal down here too.

the driver and passenger front windows have a very light factory tint. It is illegal in CA to tint those windows. I used to tint all my vehicles, but I haven't done it in awhile as it isn't worth getting pulled over for.

314joey
10-01-2013, 01:22 PM
the driver and passenger front windows have a very light factory tint. It is illegal in CA to tint those windows. I used to tint all my vehicles, but I haven't done it in awhile as it isn't worth getting pulled over for.

That sucks, it really helps when the front door windows are tinted, it gets hot here in the sunshine state, I couldn't imagine how hot the front would be without it, now we can't do the front window either.