PDA

View Full Version : Got Time?

Eli
09-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Head over to Costco today for my weekly supply run. Keep in mind my Costco shopping isn't your usually cart full. I work half a mile from there so I pick up a few things and head out. I also try not to go during the busy times because my mere presence in Costco gives me anxiety. All the crazy people rushing around with their giant carts, pushing people to get to the samples and the chaos just isn't fun. I think of the place as adult Disneyland, I love to go, but being there is always intense and somebody's crying. Today, I picked up water, frozen berries, tuna and the stuff Pokey suggested for my joints.

As I'm walking to the registers, which are all very short one to two person lines, I notice a cart speeding toward me from the corner of my eye. I keep walking in my normal I've got no soccer practice or kids to feed stride and I notice the carts approach is becoming more aggressive. I look over my left shoulder and see a lady with the white knuckle grip on the handle bar and her tense shoulders pushed up to her ears staring down at the lane I'm walking toward. Now, common curtesy would dictate that she follow behind me and get in line. Well not this lady. She practically hit my cart to dart in front of me and tried not to make eye contact so as to pretend she didn't see me and my cart.

I chuckled at her shenanigans and proceeded behind her in my "stay calm don't have an anxiety attack" demeanor. She puts her items on the belt and as soon as she moves her cart I do the same with mine. She proceeds to look for her Costco card and mumbles something to the cashier. The cashier loudly replies "we can get you a temporary card." The white knuckle lady replies, "I left my Costco card, my Amex and debit card."

Need I say more?

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
09-26-2013, 06:31 PM
At that point you should've trashed her.

riverrunner1984
09-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Karma is a bitch!!! If I was there, I probably would have cut in front of her and walked my same pace pretending I didnt see her coming from behind lol. You are too nice lol

Eli
09-26-2013, 06:34 PM
The mortified look on her face was payback enough...I have to admit I'm positive there was a "fuck you" smirk on my face. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

H2oSki2Fast
09-26-2013, 06:42 PM
I call it Costco bumper carts! It's awesome, especially at the Costco in Irvine. When the asians pretend not to see me, I pretend not to see them and see who up for a head on collision. I also love when they walk down an isle and leave their carts in the main isle, somehow they are attracted to my cart and seem to follow me for a while. Then I look back to see the person looking for their cart, it's great entertainment!

Stainless
09-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Lol, I had kind of similar Costco cart story one time. I was pushing cart down one of the food aisles at a normal pace, glancing side to side when this other cart hits me head on. I make eye contact with this woman, WTF is coming out of my mouth and she hands me a card and says don't worry my insurance will take care of it. She starts pushing her cart away...I glanced at the card...it had her name, a phone number, and call when you finish shopping written on it, I looked up and she had this nasty looking grin on her face. True story!

Carbon aka Stainless

WMC
09-26-2013, 06:49 PM
I call it Costco bumper carts! It's awesome, especially at the Costco in Irvine. When the asians pretend not to see me, I pretend not to see them and see who up for a head on collision. I also love when they walk down an isle and leave their carts in the main isle, somehow they are attracted to my cart and seem to follow me for a while. Then I look back to see the person looking for their cart, it's great entertainment!

Dude I do the same thing all the time.. I do live in China Hills...LOL

Eli
09-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Lol, I had kind of similar Costco cart story one time. I was pushing cart down one of the food aisles at a normal pace, glancing side to side when this other cart hits me head on. I make eye contact with this woman, WTF is coming out of my mouth and she hands me a card and says don't worry my insurance will take care of it. She starts pushing her cart away...I glanced at the card...it had her name, a phone number, and call when you finish shopping written on it, I looked up and she had this nasty looking grin on her face. True story!

Carbon aka Stainless

Mack Daddy D!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM
I just laugh and shake my head in "whatever" kinda way...they see it and get it....I'm just not in that much of a hurry these days....which reminds me...I gotta go to Costco tomorrow to stock up on a few "things"...LOL....I'll report back on my hypocrisy...... ;)

HB Vic
09-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I think the plastic handles on the cart have enough insulation to protect you from a taser. But if the offending cart driver isn't holding on to the plastic, well, things could get interesting :D :idea:

Stainless
09-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Mack Daddy D!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I don't see why this approach wouldn't work for you, careful not to give him whiplash. :p

Carbon aka Stainless

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't see why this approach wouldn't work for you, careful not to give him whiplash. :p

Carbon aka Stainless

I can hand him my business card and say "I know a good lawyer" ;)

I'll probably hit him so hard he'll need a doctor :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM
I can hand him my business card and say "I know a good lawyer" ;)

I'll probably hit him so hard he'll need a doctor :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Yea, I could see the excitement of you getting a date impair your judgement, sending the poor bastard to emergency room. :p

Carbon aka Stainless

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 08:28 PM

lol... yur a prick Dennis....lmao..

09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I had the same thing happen to me at Fry’s about a week ago. We were both heading for the same lane and I would have clearly got there first but then she started picking up speed, almost running. She was a big gal so I backed off because I knew if she rammed me it would have been like getting hit by a big rig. Kind of pissed me off because this moo-cow had a cart load of shit and all I had was a few things in a hand basket.

I was watching her pull the items out of her cart and it was nothing but junk food. I wanted to ask her if she was late for her next feeding but I knew she would have gone off so I just bit my tongue. Then I saw her again in the parking lot loading her ding dongs, chips and soda, I may have yelled out “fat ass” while pulling away but can’t really remember. :D

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I had the same thing happen to me at Fry’s about a week ago. We were both heading for the same lane and I would have clearly got there first but then she started picking up speed, almost running. She was a big gal so I backed off because I knew if she rammed me it would have been like getting hit by a big rig. Kind of pissed me off because this moo-cow had a cart load of shit and all I had was a few things in a hand basket.

I was watching her pull the items out of her cart and it was nothing but junk food. I wanted to ask her if she was late for her next feeding but I knew she would have gone off so I just bit my tongue. Then I saw her again in the parking lot loading her ding dongs, chips and soda, I may have yelled out “fat ass” while pulling away but can’t really remember. :D

lol... go get'um

Paul65K
09-27-2013, 01:26 AM

10 will get you 20 she paid for it all with an EBT card :rolleyes.......did I really just say that.........:D

rschap1
09-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Carbon aka Stainless

Supermarket used to be good when I ws younger and single too...
:)

http://youtu.be/KfIX3XL85do

Stainless
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Supermarket used to be good when I ws younger and single too...
:)

http://youtu.be/KfIX3XL85do

I could not get it to play in English

Carbon aka Stainless