PDA

View Full Version : Six hunnit fiddy

314joey
09-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Sumbody need speelcheack. :signhuh:

Stainless
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
There's a guy at work that is spelling challenged like that, he spells it like it sounds. Mugell is Miguel, sell is cell phone, cup link is coupling. I'll try and remember some more. :D

Carbon aka Stainless

Eli
09-26-2013, 06:15 PM
There's a guy at work that is spelling challenged like that, he spells it like it sounds. Mugell is Miguel, sell is cell phone, cup link is coupling. I'll try and remember some more. :D

Carbon aka Stainless

How does he spell caulk?

Bad Eli! Bad Eli!

Sent from my Bat Cave

ChumpChange
09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
I met plenty of those people when I was a bank teller.

Wendi
09-26-2013, 06:44 PM
WMC is spelling challenged I'm a human dictionary in our house.

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 06:55 PM
My mom was an English teacher, and trust me, I can spell when I have to......in forums...I just don't care enough usually to do it....but moste of the time I get it rite.....:D

Stainless
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
My mom was an English teacher, and trust me, I can spell when I have to......in forums...I just don't care enough usually to do it....but moste of the time I get it rite.....:D

I should be the same way, I spend too much time trying to get spelling and grammar correct in posts and texts.

Carbon aka Stainless

RitcheyRch
09-26-2013, 07:13 PM
he went to a good skool

Stainless
09-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Yea, but some of your posts suggest you got your diploma in Arkansas. It's cute though, don't change it. :D

Carbon aka Stainless

Napanutt
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM

I don't know why but I take pride in my spelling. My mom wasn't an english teacher and I don't have much more than a high school diploma so not sure where that comes from.

I should be the same way, I spend too much time trying to get spelling and grammar correct in posts and texts.

Carbon aka Stainless

You must either be a good typer or have way more time then me to be posting. My post count is as low as it is because I spend way too much time proof reading.

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 07:21 PM
On the other site there was some guy who I think is an ex Navy guy, who had nothing better to do than to correct grammar, I used to misspell stuff just to give him an aneurysm........it worked.....I got tired of him doing that..once is funny, all the time gets me pissed off...

Stainless
09-26-2013, 07:25 PM
On the other site there was some guy who I think is an ex Navy guy, who had nothing better to do than to correct grammar, I used to misspell stuff just to give him an aneurysm........it worked.....I got tired of him doing that..once is funny, all the time gets me pissed off...

Funny, even RD gets sick of that crap.

Carbon aka Stainless

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Funny, even RD gets sick of that crap.

Carbon aka Stainless

I'll say this, and then I'll stop, because talk about the other site is not smiled on over here, warranted or not, but the whole thing he did with the way I got booted, made me a believer that this is a better site from the get go, and I wasted a lot of time over there when I should have been over here.....I'm a believer in HB, and hopefully will be here for a long time....:D

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 07:40 PM

I missed ah hunerd sexty daze of the 9th grade... I call sue at work to spel wurds fur me

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:42 PM

One day I deliberately misspelled something in each post...we all know how much I post, and laughed every time someone corrected me. It was funny!

Sent from my Bat Cave

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
How does he spell caulk?

Bad Eli! Bad Eli!

Sent from my Bat Cave

girl... you need to get laid more regular.... it's spelled cook, now get in there and cook sumthin

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 07:44 PM
One day I deliberately misspelled something in each post...we all know how much I post, and laughed every time someone corrected me. It was funny!

Sent from my Bat Cave

:partytime:

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:45 PM
You must either be a good typer or have way more time then me to be posting. My post count is as low as it is because I spend way too much time proof reading.

I make him take typing on an iPhone exams and practice his speed. Lol

Sometimes it's like waiting for molasses to move in the Antarctic :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 07:45 PM
girl... you need to get laid more regular.... it's spelled cook, now get in there and cook sumthin

Ummm...I'm thinkin you missed it too....LOL....I didn't, and did not reply to it....bad Steve. Bad bad bad Steve. :D

Stainless
09-26-2013, 07:51 PM
I make him take typing on an iPhone exams and practice his speed. Lol

Sometimes it's like waiting for molasses to move in the Antarctic :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

That's slow, lol :p

Carbon aka Stainless

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM

i'd love to see his discharge papers...even though... that ol boy put his life out there for us, the united states of American... for that I sleep with both eyes closed...

if the worst that happened is he wants us to fuc'n not discrace the English language... so be it.... but fuc 'em , I aint going back to school...

I come from the viet nam era...most my buddys came back with U.S. Flag blankets.....

I'd shake his hand and buy him dinner any day of the week.....:usa:

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:58 PM

I thought it was kook? :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
That's slow, lol :p

Carbon aka Stainless

You're telling me!

Sent from my Bat Cave

2FORCEFULL
09-26-2013, 08:02 PM
I thought it was kook? :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

never u mind how its spelld.... hows ur korn bred....

girl wants ta catch a man ..... bak sum gud korn bred

rampgirl
09-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Guys at work turn in their paperwork to me everyday. Here is the short list.

Trubel = trouble
tumbeler = tumbler
assembuly = assembly
diffrint = different
lisend = listened
cilnod = solenoid
ogzilary = auxiliary
are = our

In emails, posts and texts I am the spelling natzi

314joey
09-27-2013, 07:03 AM

Trubel = trouble
tumbeler = tumbler
assembuly = assembly
diffrint = different
lisend = listened
cilnod = solenoid
ogzilary = auxiliary
are = our

I think you need a app for that.

Stainless
09-27-2013, 07:12 AM

Trubel = trouble
tumbeler = tumbler
assembuly = assembly
diffrint = different
lisend = listened
cilnod = solenoid
ogzilary = auxiliary
are = our

Those are good ones! I can relate to a couple since I'm familiar with cranes.

2FORCEFULL
09-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Trubel = trouble
tumbeler = tumbler
assembuly = assembly
diffrint = different
lisend = listened
cilnod = solenoid
ogzilary = auxiliary
are = our

our the write wons on the left or the write

2FORCEFULL
09-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Trubel = trouble
tumbeler = tumbler
assembuly = assembly
diffrint = different
lisend = listened
cilnod = solenoid
ogzilary = auxiliary
are = our

I think it's cil-a-nod

rampgirl
09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
our the write wons on the left or the write

This can be a test...highlight the word you think is correct!:coffee-n-news:

2FORCEFULL
09-27-2013, 08:12 AM
This can be a test...highlight the word you think is correct!:coffee-n-news:

I don't do good wif tests....but I can plow a field all day long, I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn, I say grace, I say mamn.....

http://youtu.be/8lVrajX1daU

09-27-2013, 08:30 AM
I spend way too much time proof reading.

i poof reed ann stil get it wrng moist off thee time.

2FORCEFULL
09-27-2013, 11:15 AM
i poof reed ann stil get it wrng moist off thee time.

:grad:

09-27-2013, 11:24 AM
:grad:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig Huh? yaeh and i awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt…

Did you read the above paragraph? I am sure you did. The actual paragraph is below:

I could not believe that I could actually understand what I was reading.
The phenomenal power of the human mind.
According to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn’t matter in what order the letters in a word are.
The only important thing is that the first and the last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem.
This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole.
Amazing Huh? yeah – and I always thought that spelling was important…

Stainless
09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Never realized this

Carbon aka Stainless