PDA

View Full Version : I had Lasik about 4 years ago.

Wendi
09-26-2013, 10:05 AM
My close up vision is going, it sucks!!! What a waste of money.

HB Vic
09-26-2013, 10:08 AM
awww sorry to hear that. I don't need glasses, yet. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToGaBmZjzby87Q2ytkaXauoWdVluMKP eak8_czWohJpVZagZQU

rivergames
09-26-2013, 10:16 AM

My dad had it done. I thought the doctors tell you it only lasts 5-8 years?

riverrunner1984
09-26-2013, 10:18 AM

My fiance had it done 12+ years ago and her eyes are still going 100%...She paid like 10k when it first was new....Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wendi
My dad had it done. I thought the doctors tell you it only lasts 5-8 years? Hell no they didn't. I would never have wasted that kind of money for that short of a timeline without googles. 10 years yes, but not 4-5. I just use my handy dandy magnifying glass!

ChumpChange

WMC better get that fixed quickly before you realize what he looks like! :D

Stainless
09-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Glad you posted this, I am considering it myself. Are you farsighted(cant read close)? Right now I wear contacts and glasses at work.

Eli
09-26-2013, 10:23 AM
My vision ...unlike the rest of me ...is perfect, but during law school my eyes were so strained from reading I had to wear reading glasses :(
It eventually corrected itself. I don't even wear sunglasses. I can't imagine when I'm gonna have to carry around a pair of glasses to read a menu :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

rivergames
09-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Hell no they didn't. I would never have wasted that kind of money for that short of a timeline without googles. 10 years yes, but not 4-5. I just use my handy dandy magnifying glass!

All I know is that I used to be scared shitless If I was in his car at night. He had glasses on but still had a hard time seeing. I haven't been freaked out driving with him since he got the surgery

Wendi
09-26-2013, 10:29 AM
I got the Lasik because I couldn't see far away. And as Rivergames stated, like his dad, while driving I would miss streets and my night vision was not so good. Having the Lasik fixed that, but immediately took away my close up vision, therefore I had to wear reading glasses for about 4 months. Doctor said while doing the Lasik my pupils kept moving. After that everything was good and I was satisfied but never did achieve 20/20 vision. I'm sure it has to do with looking at my phone all the time and straining my eyes. But it just sucks because I think I may have to get some reading googles in the near future to compensate.

Wendi
09-26-2013, 10:30 AM
My vision ...unlike the rest of me ...is perfect, but during law school my eyes were so strained from reading I had to wear reading glasses :(
It eventually corrected itself. I don't even wear sunglasses. I can't imagine when I'm gonna have to carry around a pair of glasses to read a menu :(

Sent from my Bat Cave

You should really wear sunglasses, the sun is not good for the eyes. As a matter of fact after having Lasik my eyes became so sensitive to the sunlight that I could not go out unless I had sunglasses.

Eli
09-26-2013, 11:13 AM
You should really wear sunglasses, the sun is not good for the eyes. As a matter of fact after having Lasik my eyes became so sensitive to the sunlight that I could not go out unless I had sunglasses.

I know...they also say you can get cancer from the sun exposure. I'm so uncomfortable with them on. If there is even the smallest scratch, that's all my eye focuses on.

I'll go buy a pair today :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Stainless
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I know...they also say you can get cancer from the sun exposure. I'm so uncomfortable with them on. If there is even the smallest scratch, that's all my eye focuses on.

I'll go buy a pair today :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

You don't wear sunglasses at Havasu?
:eek:

I would be like one of those squinting lizards without sunglasses. :D

Bench race driver of the 20 Toyota Camry Sprint Cup Car and Castrol GTX Ford Mustang Funny Car

rampgirl
09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I have always had to have some kinda correction (glasses or contacts) for distance sight, but lately I am carrying cute little purple readers in my purse for menus. Don't need it on my phone cuz I figured out how to make my text font super big so I can read it and so can the people behind me at the beer store.

Stainless
09-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I have always had to have some kinda correction (glasses or contacts) for distance sight, but lately I am carrying cute little purple readers in my purse for menus. Don't need it on my phone cuz I figured out how to make my text font super big so I can read it and so can the people behind me at the beer store.

:D

Bench race driver of the 20 Toyota Camry Sprint Cup Car and Castrol GTX Ford Mustang Funny Car

hbchgirl
09-26-2013, 11:28 AM

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Eli
09-26-2013, 11:29 AM
You don't wear sunglasses at Havasu?
:eek:

I would be like one of those squinting lizards without sunglasses. :D

I do when I'm on a boat but I take them off when we're not moving. Besides I lost the same $450 sunglasses on the boat twice...monsters bash 2011 and then I bought a new pair and lost them monsters bash 2012. WTF? Now I won't spend more than $20 on boat sunglasses!!!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

hbchgirl
09-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm blind as a bat and have worn contacs for years... I really should have lasik, but the thought of someone digging in my eyes freaks me out! I bought the lowest possible readers earlier this year, at the suggestion of my eye doctor, and they're way to strong.

rampgirl
09-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm blind as a bat and have worn contacs for years... I really should have lasik, but the thought of someone digging in my eyes freaks me out! I bought the lowest possible readers earlier this year, at the suggestion of my eye doctor, and they're way to strong.

I am with you there!! About 9 years ago I had wore my contacts to a race and walked behind the boat while it was running. Unburnt fuel made my contacts stick to my eyeball. Our team owner Jack wanted to peel em off my eyeball with long tweezers that came outta the tool box. I told him hell no! Went to the eye doc and she used long tweezers to get em out. Do not like the sight of something coming towards my eyeball!!!!

Eli
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I am with you there!! About 9 years ago I had wore my contacts to a race and walked behind the boat while it was running. Unburnt fuel made my contacts stick to my eyeball. Our team owner Jack wanted to peel em off my eyeball with long tweezers that came outta the tool box. I told him hell no! Went to the eye doc and she used long tweezers to get em out. Do not like the sight of something coming towards my eyeball!!!!

That's sounds terrifying!

Sent from my Bat Cave

SBS933
09-26-2013, 12:13 PM
I got my contacts mono vision, one for distance and one for reading it works bad ass. It's like having 16 yr old eyes again, I crushed those pain in the ass readers.

Stainless
09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
I got my contacts mono vision, one for distance and one for reading it works bad ass. It's like having 16 yr old eyes again, I crushed those pain in the ass readers.
Same here, do you wear daily's or rinse the monthly type?

hbchgirl
09-26-2013, 12:39 PM

Holy crap!!! :schreck:

SBS933
09-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Same here, do you wear daily's or rinse the monthly type? I sleep with the monthly's and rinse em when my eyes start to get irritated.

hbchgirl
09-26-2013, 12:40 PM

That's the plan when I need something for reading... not quite there yet :biggrin:

Stainless
09-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I sleep with the monthly's and rinse em when my eyes start to get irritated.
Right now I'm using dailys but the monthlys provide better vision. Unfortunately there's a year supply to use bf I go back.

JBS
09-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I had Lasik in my left eye almost 10 years ago. As my left eye had better farsight than my right. This gave me mono vision that has worked quite well up until this year.

Now I find myself needing reading glasses for small print and in low light conditions. Just typing this on the computer in the office is no problem. Wendy losing your up close vision is just one of those things that happens. Welcome to your "mature" years :sorry:

Wendi
09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I had Lasik in my left eye almost 10 years ago. As my left eye had better farsight than my right. This gave me mono vision that has worked quite well up until this year.

Now I find myself needing reading glasses for small print and in low light conditions. Just typing this on the computer in the office is no problem. Wendy losing your up close vision is just one of those things that happens. Welcome to your "mature" years :sorry:

My grandfather did the same thing and it worked for a very long time. Can you define mature? Haha

Slacker
09-26-2013, 05:00 PM

That's actually common. I had Lasik also for near-sightedness 12 years ago and still have 20/20 vision as far as near-sightedness goes, I do have reading glasses. It was still worth every penny to me, I would do the same again. My eye Doctor said just buy the cheapo reading glasses if they work for you, don't spend a lot of money on them. I buy for a couple of bucks and have them all over the house, auto's, boat and garage. Not a big deal to me, you didn't waste your money.

JBS
My grandfather did the same thing and it worked for a very long time. Can you define mature? Haha

No I can't :D

Sent from my iPhone

Unforgiven
First off...get the glasses on..put your hair up ...get the librarian look going..Will's going to love it..take a pic and post it....but now it answers another question I had...so when you were pouring our shots of Patron during Desert Storm..you were missing the shot glasses...I thought your vision was affected by Fireball...but it turns out your blind.....

Wendi
09-26-2013, 05:13 PM
First off...get the glasses on..put your hair up ...get the librarian look going..Will's going to love it..take a pic and post it....but now it answers another question I had...so when you were pouring our shots of Patron during Desert Storm..you were missing the shot glasses...I thought your vision was affected by Fireball...but it turns out your blind.....

Far from blind I was doing that on purpose

Unforgiven
09-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Far from blind I was doing that on purpose

you suck..I would NEVER spill your Fireball....even drunk I wouldn't spill!,,,paybacks a bitch....

The Doctor
09-26-2013, 06:34 PM

This is a matter of aging, more than something related to your Lasik. As we age, the elasticity becomes restricted. It's mostly for close up vision. By the time my wife and I got into our fifties, we couldn't function without readers around the house everywhere. Our distance vision is almost the same prescription as it was thirty years ago but the elasticity we enjoyed for close-up has deteriorated. Don't blame Lasik on this one. It's a maturity thing that comes with all this experience we've had due to time. :D

ChumpChange
09-26-2013, 06:39 PM
This is a matter of aging, more than something related to your Lasik. As we age, the elasticity becomes restricted. It's mostly for close up vision. By the time my wife and I got into our fifties, we couldn't function without readers around the house everywhere. Our distance vision is almost the same prescription as it was thirty years ago but the elasticity we enjoyed for close-up has deteriorated. Don't blame Lasik on this one. It's a maturity thing that comes with all this experience we've had due to time. :D

Well that's one way to tell her she's old! :cry2:

Wendi
09-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Alrighty then it must be that I'm turning 44 soon LOL!! I appreciate the feedback I guess I'm asking for readers for my bday NOT

Wicky
09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Had it done 6 years ago...I'm 45 now. Close up vision was stellar before the procedure. I could see a gnat's ass on my nose. Moved my focal point back about a foot immediately. Long distance was a huge improvement and overall still great. It's that close up shit that definitely is the downside. Still glad I had it done.

09-26-2013, 10:04 PM
My wife had Lasik 11 years ago and she said it was the best thing she ever did besides marrying me..lol

She just turned 40 last month and has started wearing readers and looks great when she wears them.

rampgirl
09-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Holy crap!!! :schreck:

Contacts don't go racing anymore!!

Eli
09-27-2013, 06:54 AM
My wife had Lasik 11 years ago and she said it was the best thing she ever did besides marrying me..lol

She just turned 40 last month and has started wearing readers and looks great when she wears them.

Librarian?

Sent from my Bat Cave

rampgirl
09-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Librarian?

Sent from my Bat Cave

My b/f puts on his readers and he is super smoking hot!!! But then again he is without them too!!

Eli
09-27-2013, 08:21 AM
My b/f puts on his readers and he is super smoking hot!!! But then again he is without them too!!

Clark Kent!

Sent from my Bat Cave

09-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Librarian?

Sent from my Bat Cave

YES...... :biggrin:

Milkmoney
09-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Lol that is funny. He must be a good looking guy.