PDA

View Full Version : What is something your pet does that is habit and strange?

Wendi
09-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Every single time we use the ice maker, whether Roscoe is sleeping or just hanging, he runs to the fridge and sits there till we hand him the ice. He takes it in his mouth, goes back to his bed and eats it.

Stainless
09-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Every single time we use the ice maker, whether Roscoe is sleeping or just hanging, he runs to the fridge and sits there till we hand him the ice. He takes it in his mouth, goes back to his bed and eats it.

You won't believe this but our cat does the same thing, except he just bats it around till it melts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

314joey
09-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Years ago we had a English Bull dog that farted just like a human, only it stunk 10 times worse.

niceguyeddie
09-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Butters had a chain smoking and crack habit, but through lots of prayer and commitment we helped him get over it.

But really....Howls in his sleep.:sleeping:

SBS933
09-25-2013, 06:42 PM
20034 RENO Jacks off.

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Walks while pooping. Just squat still! Poop everywhere.

Stainless
09-25-2013, 06:56 PM
20034 RENO Jacks off.

Cat used to twerk on the pole , haven't seen it lately, but I'll try and catch it on video if he does it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Plaster Dave
09-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I got 3 dogs. My pit doe lick her paws a lot. I have 2-little mixed dogs. Both grab their food in the mouth then go to my living room to eat it. One likes to shit/pee and spin around and smell it real quick. The other one likes to bark at the other two dogs when they are barking at the mail man or Gardner.

joepump1
09-25-2013, 07:21 PM
My boxer pees on people when they pet him.

Unforgiven
09-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Our ChiHuahua ..Bella..likes wine and she knows good wine..if we try to pass off the shitty stuff we like to pawn off on Jenna (our Daughter) she turns away..but I pull out a good cab, she's all over it....when it;s time for her to take a shit..it a major time to find the right spot..spin around 3 times and she shits...I call it her poo poo dance

riverrunner1984
09-25-2013, 07:32 PM

My chocolate lab does the same exact thing....I guess its like a treat to him or something.
Sometimes we will put ice in his water dish with water and he fishes the ice out of the bowl and eats it.

28eliminator
09-25-2013, 07:35 PM
This...

Napanutt
09-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Our mutt likes to like our feet. Kind of nasty to admit but it feels great.

Stainless
09-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Dave your pooch looks like a family member, I see it in most of your boating pics too. ;)

Bench race driver of the 20 Toyota Camry Sprint Cup Car and Castrol GTX Ford Mustang Funny Car

bagged97taco
09-25-2013, 08:38 PM
This is what one of my dogs does after a bath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCR3UVqnUY4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Eli
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Our mutt likes to like our feet. Kind of nasty to admit but it feels great.

Your dog likes to like you? What an odd dog. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Cigalert
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Our pup can't yawn without saying "meow".

Napanutt
09-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Your dog likes to like you? What an odd dog. :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

That's what dogs do. They cherish you. Cats on the other hand expect to be cherished. We have both. I like to play hard to get towards the cat. She still comes back, when she's ready. :)

Ziggy
09-25-2013, 08:55 PM
That's what dogs do. They cherish you. Cats on the other hand expect to be cherished. We have both. I like to play hard to get towards the cat. She still comes back, when she's ready. :)

She was calling you out ...like vs lick. ;):beer:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Napanutt
09-25-2013, 08:57 PM
She was calling you out ...like vs lick. ;):beer:

I like to like too. ;)

Ziggy
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
my dog has a smile or grin, depending on what she's doing/done.
When we adopted her at the pound there was a sign that read "I'm not growling at you, I'm smiling". We didn't understand at that time.
After having her home for a few weeks she finally clued us into what that sign meant. She has this big smile she makes when happy and excited but its kinda intimidating looking.
I have also figured out she has a sly grin when I've caught her doing something she shouldn't .....reminds me of "Snydly", Dick Dasterdly's dog....lol:D

SBS933
09-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Cats are badass, problem is they stray and the coyotes get em. After the 3rd one I figured it wouldn't be fair to get another one. After a year or so they dart for the desert and gone.

Napanutt
09-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Cats are badass, problem is they stray and the coyotes get em. After the 3rd one I figured it wouldn't be fair to get another one. After a year or so they dart for the desert and gone.

Our cats are indoor. Give them a box of litter and they're more then fine being inside.

SBS933
09-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Our cats are indoor. Give them a box of litter and they're more then fine being inside. Mine did the same, I loved them varmits. It just always seemed liked they had a deathwish and bolted after a year. No more for me, but i've been tempted. If I lived in the city I would def. have a cat for sure.

GRADS
09-25-2013, 10:30 PM
My dog likes to watch TV and anytime an animal comes on the screen she goes ballistic. Needless to say we haven't been able to watch Animal Planet for years.

RogerThat99
09-25-2013, 10:37 PM
My dog likes to watch TV and anytime an animal comes on the screen she goes ballistic. Needless to say we haven't been able to watch Animal Planet for years.

Our dog does the same thing. Any animal that comes on he runs to the TV with his cackles up and barks and growls.

He also likes ice from the ice maker.

sent using Tapatalk.

Eli
09-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Our pup can't yawn without saying "meow".

That's too funny!

Sent from my Bat Cave

28eliminator
09-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Dave your pooch looks like a family member, I see it in most of your boating pics too. ;)

Bench race driver of the 20 Toyota Camry Sprint Cup Car and Castrol GTX Ford Mustang Funny Car

Your right... Lol. All our kids are grown and gone, so she's like our child now.. She goes everywhere with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Eli
09-26-2013, 05:36 AM
I like to like too. ;)

Lick!! It's lick! I like to lick!!! :D

Sent from my Bat Cave

Eli
09-26-2013, 05:42 AM
I had a lab...gave him to a friend in February, she has MS, while he isn't technically a therapy dog, he plays the role of one at her house. It was a difficult choice but she and her family really needed and wanted my baby.

He had a few odd quirks...he love to jump. Now imagine an 85 LB dog jumping it was hilarious. He also talked back to me. If I told him to do something he didn't want to do, he always listened, but he would talk back. If I was upset, he always knew and he'd hug me. Put his paws on me.

I miss him, but he's super happy with his adopted family.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
09-26-2013, 06:25 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else has a Parrot but that's our pet......his name is Yogi20073

We got him in 1987 when he was a year old. He's a member of the family and we're told will live to be somewhere between 50 - 80 YO :eek:

He is amazingly regimented. He wakes up around 7AM every day, likes to hang out with us out of the cage and can keep himself occupied for hours on end with a cardboard box......I like cheap toys :D

We have come to know that he is a conservative and not a liberal (can't imagine where he gets that from) :rolleyes but he seems to be in love with Dana Perino and we have trouble keeping him away from the screen when she is on TV20074.....oh well at least he has good taste :kissykissy:

Stainless
09-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Paul, that's cute, Dana would love that.

Eli
09-26-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else has a Parrot but that's our pet......his name is Yogi20073

We got him in 1987 when he was a year old. He's a member of the family and we're told will live to be somewhere between 50 - 80 YO :eek:

He is amazingly regimented. He wakes up around 7AM every day, likes to hang out with us out of the cage and can keep himself occupied for hours on end with a cardboard box......I like cheap toys :D

We have come to know that he is a conservative and not a liberal (can't imagine where he gets that from) :rolleyes but he seems to be in love with Dana Perino and we have trouble keeping him away from the screen when she is on TV20074.....oh well at least he has good taste :kissykissy:

Paul, I have to ask...does Yogi get jealous?
I dated a guy who had a bird and when we would get cozy the bird would scream off the top of its lungs and his dog would start barking...needless to say that ended very quickly ;) but I wonder if all parrots are like that.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Paul65K
09-26-2013, 06:55 AM
I dated a guy who had a bird and when we would get cozy the bird would scream off the top of its lungs and his dog would start barking...needless to say that ended very quickly ;) but I wonder if all parrots are like that.

Sent from my Bat CaveYogi definitely needs his attention....that's for sure!

When he gets up in a few minutes he'll sit in bed with us for a little bit. If I have the laptop out he'll almost always position himself on my chest between the computer so I can only pay attention to him and NOT the computer :D

He was definitely my wife's bird for the first 10 or so years and still is more attached to her but now is pretty happy hanging out with me if she's not around or busy doing something else. Cockatoos are "Clingers" and are the friendliest of the parrots (we're told) and Yogi loves being the center of attention when people come by. He's a little high maintenance but a pretty cool guy to have around.......most of the time :rolleyes

Cigalert
09-26-2013, 06:56 AM

Sent from my Bat Cave

In my experience they play favorites. The cockatoos I've been around are more affectionate though. My buddies Aunt and Uncle were retired in Mexico. His uncle would fish all day and his aunt stayed home. The bird would mimic her voice to the T and would only let her in for feeding. Everyone else...that damn bird hated. Well, on our first night of a week long trip down there his aunt had a massive heart attack and passed. We returned from the bar to find out and all we heard all night was the bird screaming her name in her exact voice. Creepy shit.

Eli
09-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Yogi definitely needs his attention....that's for sure!

When he gets up in a few minutes he'll sit in bed with us for a little bit. If I have the laptop out he'll almost always position himself on my chest between the computer so I can only pay attention to him and NOT the computer :D

He was definitely my wife's bird for the first 10 or so years and still is more attached to her but now is pretty happy hanging out with me if she's not around or busy doing something else. Cockatoos are "Clingers" and are the friendliest of the parrots (we're told) and Yogi loves being the center of attention when people come by. He's a little high maintenance but a pretty cool guy to have around.......most of the time :rolleyes

Well now it all makes sense...only one of us can be the center of attention ;)

Sent from my Bat Cave

chevellesb406
09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
My dog Boris is an odd one, where to start. He paws water out of his bowl so that it fills with fresh stuff every time he drinks. He sometimes still stands in his bowl like when he was a puppy. He intentionally will stand on the couch with his front paws to burp in your face, daily. He will steal anything that is bread and risk the whoopin' rather than meat or anything else. Like if you are carrying a tray of burgers and a tray of buns, he will make an attempt to swipe a bun as you walk by, no other disobedience with anything else. If you hold up your phone or a camera he will stop dead in his tracks and pose for a photo. He sits on stairs weird, and he sleeps with stuffed animals.

Eli
09-26-2013, 09:39 AM
My dog Boris is an odd one, where to start. He paws water out of his bowl so that it fills with fresh stuff every time he drinks. He sometimes still stands in his bowl like when he was a puppy. He intentionally will stand on the couch with his front paws to burp in your face, daily. He will steal anything that is bread and risk the whoopin' rather than meat or anything else. Like if you are carrying a tray of burgers and a tray of buns, he will make an attempt to swipe a bun as you walk by, no other disobedience with anything else. If you hold up your phone or a camera he will stop dead in his tracks and pose for a photo. He sits on stairs weird, and he sleeps with stuffed animals.

He's so cute!!! I love that he's a carboholic!!!

Sent from my Bat Cave

rivergames
09-26-2013, 09:45 AM
My dog will not be friendly to someone new until he walks up and sticks his face deep in the crotch or ass region. He literally has to bury his nose until the person gets weirded out and pushes him away.

Girls with skirts on (long or short), he tries to go underneath to get a direct sniff

I kind of feel bad at first, but can't help to laugh my ass off when a 120+lb dog goes muff diving

rivergames
09-26-2013, 09:50 AM

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Eli
09-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Does your pet have similar characteristic traits or like the same things as you?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Milkmoney
09-26-2013, 10:01 AM
My damn dig that's inside barks when the outside dog barks and has no idea what the heck is outside. Lol

Wendi
09-26-2013, 10:38 AM
I just want to say you all have awesome pets, I can't reply to everyone, but the stories are awesome. Another thing my dog does is he is a theif in the night. Will still whatever he can get his paws on. In the morning he carries WMC's socks from the bedroom to the family room and then gives them to him. He also likes to carry his tennis ball, bone or kong in his mouth everywhere. He wants us to try and steal it from him, growls, runs, etc. It's a game he plays daily. He is just a funny dog and does strange things.

SBS933
09-26-2013, 12:29 PM
I just want to say you all have awesome pets, I can't reply to everyone, but the stories are awesome. Another thing my dog does is he is a theif in the night. Will still whatever he can get his paws on. In the morning he carries WMC's socks from the bedroom to the family room and then gives them to him. He also likes to carry his tennis ball, bone or kong in his mouth everywhere. He wants us to try and steal it from him, growls, runs, etc. It's a game he plays daily. He is just a funny dog and does strange things. We need pics of this said dog. I'm picturing it with curly fur covering it's eyes

Ziggy
09-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Mmmmmm-mmmmmmm, yummy kitty :D

Tishimself
09-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Tiger the wondercat sleeps on the bed with us every night. He comes at exactly 10 o'clock to gather up Chrissie and take her to bed. When I get there later, I have to shove his fat ass off my pillow, and do it a second time to get into bed. Now, here's the fucked up cat part, we sleep lengthwise on the bed, he sleeps crosswise. On the pillow. Which means one of us is always waking up to a facefull of cat ass. Anyone wanna bet who that is? Yeah, no respect. I have a feeling it's payback for doing this to him......

Eli
09-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Mmmmmm-mmmmmmm, yummy kitty :D

He does look like he just ate a cat :)

Sent from my Bat Cave

Wendi
09-27-2013, 09:51 AM
He wants to play http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/yjyqeqy7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/jyna7u7u.jpg
He's growling with the kong and wants me to chase him

Brian
09-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Lol, your dog has a giant black kong... sorry couldn't resist.

Wicky
09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
My wife's dog likes to lick her wet pussy cat!!! SEriously...I'll look for the video on my pc when I get on my home.
So, the cat drinks out of the faucet. He jumps down off the counter and the dog licks the cat's wet head. This was a daily occurance until the dog died a couple of years ago.

chevellesb406
09-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah, Boris brings food out of his bowl over to where I am sitting and drops it on the ground, finishes his meal. And maybe 15 minutes later comes and eats the stuff he "offered" to me I guess. Or, he drops it all over the ground and selects which kibbles he will eat in what order. I have spent years trying to figure out whether its a certain size, color, or shape he doesn't like. Nope, he's just weird.

Menace Marine
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
My lab swims the same lap in the pool over and over again for hours. He jumps in by the step in the deep end, swims across the pool to the step. Pauses there for about three seconds then swims to the shallow end and gets out of the pool. Then he quickly runs back to the deep end and dives/falls back into the pool. This will go on for hours

Wendi
10-08-2013, 08:47 PM
He always hugs the bed http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/09/7eperunu.jpg

HB Vic
10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Pets take after their owners. LOL

Stainless
10-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Pets take after their owners. LOL

Fucking LMAO, out of the park! :D

Carbon

mjc
10-08-2013, 10:20 PM
I have a cattle dog who only turns left. Running around things only circles left

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2