PDA

View Full Version : Try not to think about it?????

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm one of those that has to have closure.... I have to finish things,..
once I start,... I gotta get ur done...

but all the while my mind won't shut it off,... problems weigh heavy till resolved...

right now as most of you know, we are having a custom boat built, and a new havasu house being built...

till they are done , I don't rest.... wife says try not to think about it ??????

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 06:04 PM
it just seems to me that those that don't think about their problems and jobs ,.. don't ever finish stuff

Wendi
09-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Closure is good, but those are large items that do take time. I thought you were talking about something else.

H2oSki2Fast
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
it just seems to me that those that don't think about their problems and jobs ,.. don't ever finish stuff

Don't make it a problem till it becomes one.

HB Vic
09-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I knew people who didn't have a off switch. RIP

28eliminator
09-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Don't make it a problem till it becomes one.

X2... Good advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

09-25-2013, 06:48 PM
We’ve talked about this so I have nothing to say…….. :wink_002:

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 06:49 PM
I knew people who didn't have a off switch. RIP

Grrrrrrrr I'm one of those people.

Cigalert
09-25-2013, 06:55 PM

Then is Starbucks considered a monetary or proximity switch?

HB Vic
09-25-2013, 07:21 PM

I installed an off switch a couple years ago as I lay on the operating table thinking to myself, wtf :D

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 07:32 PM
I installed an off switch a couple years ago as I lay on the operating table thinking to myself, wtf :D

Yeah. Trying to relax a little as life takes time to develop sometimes. I fall asleep with the TV on so I don't go all thinking about all the stuff I think should get done quickly. If I wake up I'm screwed as wife gets mad if I flip TV back on once the sleep timer turns it off.

Then is Starbucks considered a monetary or proximity switch?

It's a way to step out of the office. When I'm in a zone, I'm in it. I have lots of food in my file cabinets(some files too) and used to eat at my desk. I still could but it is good to get out if it's an all day office day, at least go for a quick drive to the bucks.

I come from a family if work-a-holics which is why I'm as good as I am but I know how to work efficiently at the same time so I appear to be relaxing a lot.

HB Vic
09-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah. Trying to relax a little as life takes time to develop sometimes. I fall asleep with the TV on so I don't go all thinking about all the stuff I think should get done quickly. If I wake up I'm screwed as wife gets mad if I flip TV back on once the sleep timer turns it off.

It took me forever to figure out, thinking about shit doesn't get shit done. Getting shit done gets shit done :D Not to say on occasion when payroll is in the $.25M range I don't occasionally wake up in a pool of sweat or frightmare. But I have gotten pretty good about turning it off almost completely when I need to. Like a switch. Working 12hr days helps to get shit done and doesn't leave much time to think :D

westair
09-25-2013, 07:57 PM

I always envy people that don't think about their problems and jobs ..... and your probably right, their stuff gets done when it gets done.

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Working 12hr days helps to get shit done and doesn't leave much time to think :D

Yeah. It's those people that don't work 12hr days that stress me out. I'm not stressed during work hours when other people are working and I'm able to get collaborative stuff done. It's when those people flip their switches off and hinder my needing rally through the job. Depending on others, coworkers, customers, vendors can suck!

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I always envy people that don't think about their problems and jobs ..... and your probably right, their stuff gets done when it gets done.

They're called W2 employees and not in sales.

GRADS
09-25-2013, 08:12 PM
It's called a Type-A personality and it sucks. Wish I was a Type B or even Z.:grumble

ChumpChange
09-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for this thread Steve! Now I'm thinking!

HB Vic
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
It's called a Type-A personality and it sucks. Wish I was a Type B or even Z.:grumble

Briggs Meyers time?? lol. So easy to manipulate :D

Paul65K
09-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I wish I could be just a little bit more aggressive....I'm too laid back and need to learn how to get more worked up.....I just let it go all the time :rolleyes

Cigalert
09-25-2013, 08:36 PM
I wish I could be just a little bit more aggressive....I'm too laid back and need to learn how to get more worked up.....I just let it go all the time :rolleyes

I can offer up an internship to anger development. I'll have you punching strangers and using your horn more often than your blinker within 10 days...guaranteed.

HB Vic
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
I can offer up an internship to anger development. I'll have you punching strangers and using your horn more often than your blinker within 10 days...guaranteed.

I guess I never realized how violent making sour dough can be :D

Cigalert
09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I guess I never realized how violent making sour dough can be :D

I put the sour in sourdough.

Ziggy
09-25-2013, 09:14 PM
It took me forever to figure out, thinking about shit doesn't get shit done. Getting shit done gets shit done :D Not to say on occasion when payroll is in the $.25M range I don't occasionally wake up in a pool of sweat or frightmare. But I have gotten pretty good about turning it off almost completely when I need to. Like a switch. Working 12hr days helps to get shit done and doesn't leave much time to think :D
When you're signing the checks and that money comes from accounts attched to your SS# its hard not to think about it. Gauranty the recipient is dreaming about it too:p:D

they don't know about the stress you had the night before. Or being at work til 3am fixing a network crash likely caused by them:rolleyes::)

They're called W2 employees and not in sales.

Ding-Ding. :thumbup::thumbup:

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Unforgiven
09-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Steve, I understand your upset about working on your new home while your waiting on the new Cheeta..BUT..Will you buff my boat while it's stored in your new garage?

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:09 PM
just got back from going to the movies with my wife, drove to vegas from havasu at noon

it just seems like nothing get done ... ever. ever ever... unless I drive the bus...

on the house, I picked the stucco color 3 mo. ago. I met with the painter 2 days ago, showed him the trubuco of the stucco
so he could paint all the vents to match....

about 2 weeks ago, met with the plaster foreman and confirmed the stucco color...
to day driving home the owner of the stucco company calls while I was out of cell service and leaves a message...

steve you need to circle the color you want the stucco on the sheet I left at your new house, we can't stucco without the sheet.....

I'm like wTF!!!! I just left there...

Holy weep'n Jesus.... doesn't any one in the trade talk to each other@#$$$@##$%%^

GRADS
09-25-2013, 10:22 PM
You're freaking out about a new house and boat? I bet there's a lot of people that wish they had your problems. :realitycheck:

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:23 PM
so anyways,... I'm try'n to save a buck anywhere I can on the house deal, doing some of the work,

i'm saving about 3 bucks a foot on the tile job, buy'n the tile in vegas , and hav'n a havasu installer ,install

the reason I dove all the way back, figured I was due for a hot dinner and a piece of ass,...you know , so I would forget about how full the plate is right now,... that and I could drive sue to havasu for the weekend...drove the HHR to vegas...

I get here and wife says, I think i'll just stay home this weekend and get stuff done around the house, besides, it Christina's birthday and you are taking everyone out to dinner sunday...

I'm like great... now I have to drive all the way back to havasu to get the van to haul the trailer load of tile...

heres where its at,..

the guy setting the doors and doing the shelf and pole was susposed to be done today, which he's not,
so that the painter can start painting tomorrow, which he can't

the painter has to be done by next Tuesday so the the cabinets can be installed on wed..

wed is the only day they can deliver and install the cabinets..... soooooo...... ho lee foc....

err ahhhh I mean, "TRY not to think about it!!!!

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:27 PM
You're freaking out about a new house and boat? I bet there's a lot of people that wish they had your problems. :realitycheck:

I had zero problems when I used to go to havasu , park my motorhome at crazy horse... get done boating and drive home while my wife sleep in the queen sized bed
while watching movies while she slep

09-25-2013, 10:30 PM
I had zero problems when I used to go to havasu , park my motorhome at crazy horse... get done boating and drive home while my wife sleep in the queen sized bed
while watching movies while she slep

Steve it'll all be worth it when it's finished. Going to be a bad mofo. :thumbup:

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Steve it'll all be worth it when it's finished. Going to be a bad mofo. :thumbup:

it's like this,...pay'n for shit is stress full....sign'ng you name to a contract that you can't afford is the new success...

I always figured If I signed , that means I owe... and I can't buy nothing else till it's paid,...

I know It's the new American way to file bankrupt and walk away form debt,..

those seem to be the guys that say,... I just don't think about it and it doesn't bother me...

when I got shit todo , I get my ass out of bed and get'r done....

when I don't have shit to do, I get my ass out of bed and go look for something to do...

try not to think about it just doesn't seem to work for me...

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:45 PM
anyway,, how do you guys hit the off switch????

I've always got so many irons in the fire, soon as I quit thinking about one thing anout pops up...

09-25-2013, 10:46 PM
it's like this,...pay'n for shit is stress full....sign'ng you name to a contract that you can't afford is the new success...

I always figured If I signed , that means I owe... and I can't buy nothing else till it's paid,...

those seem to be the guys that say,... I just don't think about it and it doesn't bother me...

when I don't have shit to do, I get my ass out of bed and go look for something to do...

And that’s what separates you from most others. :thumbup:

It’s a damn good thing there’s more than one Steve to get all that shit done….. :D

RVRKID
09-25-2013, 10:52 PM

I have to do kind of the same thing but I got some wireless headphones and plugged them directly into the FIOS box so I can still listen to something but turn the TV off and keep her happy!!

2FORCEFULL
09-25-2013, 10:53 PM
And that’s what separates you from most others. :thumbup:

It’s a damn good thing there’s more than one Steve to get all that shit done….. :D

I like the control you have buddy,.. all your stuff is tip top condition, always!!! the self disiplin to keep from putting to much on your plate
is the key I believe...I end up runn'n ragged and not getting where I wanna be, and just adding to my responsability

CarolynandBob
09-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Where is this "off" switch you guys keep talking about. I could use a good month off just to get my "needs to get done now" list down to a manageable size. However, with me I will just keep adding to the list. Life is to short to sit around and not do stuff.

Years ago my wife said "can't you just sit around on Sunday drink beer and watch football like normal guys" LOL I watch and drink the beer but I am doing something at the same time in the garage.

HB Vic
09-26-2013, 07:16 AM

I think BK filings are down. Personally I don't think most Americans think that way, at least I hope they don't. I think a ton of good people got caught up in that mess and lost everything. Is it their fault? well, if you signed you took on that responsibility, so hell yeah, at the end of the day it was their fault. Good lessons are always expensive. I would bet most of them would never do that again. And I don't think most American's are lazy. I most certainly think some work a hell of a lot harder than others, and those people have a lot to show for their hard work. But I don't think any less of the guy who just wants to punch a clock for 8hrs then go home and drink a 6 pack or screw off. As long as they're responsible about it. Like someone said, I envy the guy who can do a 9-5, 5 days a week, with very little or no stress, take his vacations, and live his life. Some people just weren't built that way, just as some people were not built like you. Different strokes :D

ChumpChange
09-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Bummer I woke up! Two hours early!

2FORCEFULL
09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Bummer I woke up! Two hours early!

you're getting ready for the time change

Plaster Dave
09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I learned a lot from my dad on how to handle stress and get shit done. He told me there is always a way to do something.
The biggest thing he taught me was after he past at only 67. You can't always think that tomorrow is promised to you. He built a great life for him and my mom but he never got to enjoy retirement.

ChumpChange
09-30-2013, 09:15 PM
The phone call you love to get right before you go to bed. You know the people that you depend on that never fail to keep you up at night because of their lack if dependability? Might as well throw this night away.

GRADS
09-30-2013, 09:39 PM
You guys need to get some ambien.

ChumpChange
09-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Nah. Not a fan of drugs. At least it's not Sunday. Sunday night TV sucks!

niceguyeddie
09-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Steve, post some pics of that 2 door in you avatar. Looks cool

Paul65K
10-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Steve, post some pics of that 2 door in you avatar. Looks cool

Yeah.....BTW, How much Steve???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ziggy
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah.....BTW, How much Steve???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heard you took a look at a 69 blue chevy;):D

From my POS T-mobile thingie

ChumpChange
10-09-2013, 12:50 PM
And then the reason why hits you like a ton of bricks..................could this day possibly get any worse.