PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Boats

SBS933
09-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't get why people leave their boats uncovered outside ,through all the seasons just to watch them go to shit. If they didn't like the boat or boating, sell it don't just let it rot in the yard. It's not like boats are cheap. i bet you could fill a page of pics of these boats.

Menace Marine
09-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Especially the people that are paying for storage as well. Used to see it all the time at the last shop I worked for. Sad to see.

314joey
09-21-2013, 06:14 AM
What a waste, lazy people I guess, if you're not going to use it and take care of it sell it.

rschap1
09-23-2013, 11:24 AM
I would say that a good third of the people that live on my lake just let the elements ruin their boats at will.
Besides not covering, maintaining, or caring for them...
Rubbing against their docks is just un real.
I guess when they finally wear a hole in the hull side it is time for a new boat...

:(

niceguyeddie
09-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Same goes for people that drive cars covered in dirt and bird shit.. I always figure it's not mine so I don't give a shit what other people do with their money. Not my problem.

Joker
09-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Same goes for people that drive cars covered in dirt and bird shit.. I always figure it's not mine so I don't give a shit what other people do with their money. Not my problem.

I read your post and then spotted this.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/unasavav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

niceguyeddie
09-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I read your post and then spotted this.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/24/unasavav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Woah. I think a Pterodactyl shit on that Lexus!

Wendi
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
It's a shame. If your not using it sell it.

niceguyeddie
09-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Saw this gem today.

Interior is in pretty much perfect condition because the owner left the Bimini top up to protect it from rain and sun. Smart idea! She is also used for storage for their tiki torches and fake bamboo fence covering. The railing was also once used to be a balloon tie down for a party.

SBS933
09-25-2013, 09:01 AM
They should install a solar panel on that bimini to charge the batteries while their at it.

Wendi
09-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Saw this gem today.

Interior is in pretty much perfect condition because the owner left the Bimini top up to protect it from rain and sun. Smart idea! She is also used for storage for their tiki torches and fake bamboo fence covering. The railing was also once used to be a balloon tie down for a party.

19951 I'll tell you one thing I hate the most, people storing/parking their boats in the driveway full time... There should be an ordinance no parking boats or Motorhomes in the front. Sorry just my preference. Either you have RV parking on the side or store it off site.

niceguyeddie
09-25-2013, 10:25 AM
I'll tell you one thing I hate the most, people storing/parking their boats in the driveway full time... There should be an ordinance no parking boats or Motorhomes in the front. Sorry just my preference. Either you have RV parking on the side or store it off site.

I say if it's your driveway, park what you want in it (as long as it's not an eyesore).

Wheeler
09-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I'll tell you one thing I hate the most, people storing/parking their boats in the driveway full time... There should be an ordinance no parking boats or Motorhomes in the front. Sorry just my preference. Either you have RV parking on the side or store it off site.

Most cities have ordinances for this, at least in the 714. :biggrin:

The Doctor
09-25-2013, 04:39 PM

This is exactly why it's some people prefer living in neighborhoods with CC&Rs. I put them on every development I ever did and they sold better and attracted a cleaner/neater clientele. It's not for everyone, I'll agree but it is for those who want to keep things up to a certain standard.

The Doctor
09-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I think it's just human nature. We all take care of our things differently and we live and learn lots over time. After completely redoing floors and stringers in a couple abused boats, I'll never leave one uncovered to this Arizona sun again. They sure were cheap to buy however. . . :D

Paul65K
09-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Oh c'mon.......who wants to pay $1,000 for a good boat cover.....I'll get one Next year.......yeah that's it, I'll get one next year :rolleyes