PDA

View Full Version : Got a speeding ticket today

HB Vic
09-19-2013, 05:27 PM
On Mission just west of Haven. Radar. 69 in a 55. Ontario motor cop. First speeding ticket in at least 7-8 years. Cop was cool about it. I had no idea how fast I was going. Raptor really masks your speed. No registration or insurance, but he only wrote me for speed. Guess I better slow down :D

hbchgirl
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
I got one coming home from the river a few weeks ago between Chiriaco Summit and Dillon Rd...cop said I was doing 83 in a 70. I think I was really doing about 80, but whatever! I haven't had any sort of ticket since 1997. When I asked if he could just give me warning since my record is clean, he said he'd "cut be a break" and write me up at 80. What a guy!

riverrunner1984
09-19-2013, 05:55 PM
I got in my first fender bender yesterday in about 8years.
No damage to my car, the other guy will need a new bumper.
Cool guy, gave him $300 cash and we went our separate ways. A lot cheaper than going through insurance.

Stainless
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I got one coming home from the river a few weeks ago between Chiriaco Summit and Dillon Rd...cop said I was doing 83 in a 70. I think I was really doing about 80, but whatever! I haven't had any sort of ticket since 1997. When I asked if he could just give me warning since my record is clean, he said he'd "cut be a break" and write me up at 80. What a guy!

Will that affect your insurance? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

314joey
09-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't know if it's worth your time, but back home in Missouri for $100 you can call an attorney and get something like that reduced to a bad taillight so it doesn't effect your insurance, I'm lucky, my Daughter is a lawyer, so I would get them free, not that I've gotten one in over twenty years.

HB Vic
09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
There's an outfit out here called "Ticketbusters". Never called them. But I picture one of those online attorneys sitting at a Staples bought in a box desk smoking a pack of cigs an hour asking for your credit card # :D

hbchgirl
09-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Will that affect your insurance? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Haha... good one Carbon! Nope... traffic school :)

hbchgirl
09-19-2013, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Hotboat;33555]There's an outfit out here called "Ticketbusters". Never called them. But I picture one of those online attorneys sitting at a Staples bought in a box desk smoking a pack of cigs an hour asking for your credit card # :D[/QUOTE

Yeah I agree. I'd rather just pay the fine and do traffic school and it doesn't go on my record. :biggrin:

314joey
09-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Traffic school,,,,,,,,,geez, listening to some guy at the DMV BORING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverrunner1984
09-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Online traffic school is the way to go....Hell I didnt even do it, my girl did it for me....Knew all the answers since she just finished doing her Boss's traffic school as well lol

Cole Trickle
09-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Google trial by written declaration......

super easy and got my $420 88mph toll road ticket dismissed a couple months back:)

http://ticketassassin.com/

niceguyeddie
09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
My radar detector has been sitting on the workbench in my garage for about a month. I really need to put it back in my car.

HB Vic
09-20-2013, 10:23 AM
My radar detector has been sitting on the workbench in my garage for about a month. I really need to put it back in my car.

My laser went off at the very second he clocked my speed LOL

Cole Trickle
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
My laser went off at the very second he clocked my speed LOL

The CHP on the toll road got me with of those new monoculiar lazer deals......V1 never made a single sound I thought I was getting rolled for texting while driving;):D

Ziggy
09-20-2013, 12:19 PM
I've always thought radar detectors are good for letting you know you're about to get a ticket. :D

GotHalos
09-20-2013, 12:29 PM
The motor cop on the 241 at the toll plaza near foothill don't even use a radar, he just sits on his bike watching traffic, I guess just counting the seconds it takes to get to a certain spot? Idk, but I'm not sure how they determine what speed to actually issue the ticket for?

I'm almost positive they sit there to watch for people who blow through the toll plaza without a transponder. Read about it in the newspaper, so it must be true :biggrin:

Cole Trickle
09-20-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm almost positive they sit there to watch for people who blow through the toll plaza without a transponder. Read about it in the newspaper, so it must be true :biggrin:

yep...those guys could care less about speeding. There looking for paper plates and no greenlight

Cole Trickle
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Got point guys, I never really thought of that? I didn't think people would consider blowing through there w/o a transponder, knowing it's an automatic ticket in the mail. But it makes sense, if they're just sitting there looking w/o a radar gun.

The toll road looses millions upon millions yearly due to people w/o plates going through the toll. Without a plate they don't have anywhere to mail the ticket;)

HB Vic
09-20-2013, 01:07 PM
The toll road looses millions upon millions yearly due to people w/o plates going through the toll. Without a plate they don't have anywhere to mail the ticket;)

Maybe its all those government people with blocked plates :D