PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Michigan!

riverrunner1984
09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
I think what Michigan is going here is a great idea and could be a benchmark for other states.
I DO NOT want to make this a political post and am just sharing an idea I though was novel.
Volunteer work is good anyway you look at it.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09/18/bill-would-require-michiganders-to-work-for-welfare/

Admin, please feel free to Lock if I am overstepping the line...

314joey
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Simple comment, makes sense, so it probably won't be accepted or approved, I really like the drug test part, millions of people acrss the country have to take drug test to keep their jobs that help pay for these programs,, why not for free money.

Wendi
09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Are you kidding, drug test welfare receipients in CA, NEVER!!! We suck. Some states do enforce this though and I think all states should follow suit. Now they get a debit card and can use it anywhere there little hearts desire. Screw the kids lets go to the bar! Whoo hoo....

riverrunner1984
09-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Simple comment, makes sense, so it probably won't be accepted or approved, I really like the drug test part, millions of people acrss the country have to take drug test to keep their jobs that help pay for these programs,, why not for free money.

My thoughts exactly. Any when they have to do community service or Volunteer work in order to receive the welfare, maybe they will have a better understanding of who pays for the programs...

Stainless
09-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Link didn't work for me, but if this is about drug testing for welfare recipients, I too would like to see it implemented!

riverrunner1984
09-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Link didn't work for me, but if this is about drug testing for welfare recipients, I too would like to see it implemented!

Drug testing as well as doing community service/volunteer work for receiving public assistance.

314joey
09-19-2013, 01:02 PM
In Missouri welfare is so unlimited and good that it's better to sit at home, they pay more than someone making $11 bucks and you get to sit on your fat azz.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/blog/2013/08/missouri-welfare-pay-is-better-than.html

Missourians with the highest level of welfare benefits can collect the equivalent of $10.96 cents an hour for not working, the Cato Institute reports in a study released this week.

Missouri ranks 31st in welfare benefits. Hawaii is the highest, at the equivalent of $29.13 an hour, and the District of Columbia is second, at $24.43.

In Missouri, the minimum wage is $7.35 an hour.

“Welfare pays more than a minimum-wage job in 33 states — in many cases, significantly more,” the study states. “In fact, in a dozen states and the District of Columbia, welfare pays more than $15 an hour.”

Here’s another shocker from the study: “In 11 states, welfare pays more than the average pre-tax first-year wage for a teacher.”

In Illinois, welfare pays the equivalent of $6.53 an hour, the 44th highest in the country.

The study, which is an update of one Cato did in 1995, concludes, “The current welfare system provides such a high level of benefits that it acts as a disincentive for work.”