PDA

View Full Version : To lock or not to lock.....

Tishimself
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
That is the question......as far as the answer is concerned...well....time will tell, wont it? :biggrin:

Unforgiven
09-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think the threads should have been locked..pm's and/or emails sent out to pending offenders..if that didn't work..a vacation should be in order..I personally like GN7's comments..He doesn't mean any harm ..he's an ole boat racer..WITH LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE...the offending comments could always have been deleted...dammm..I should be a mod....

HB Vic
09-18-2013, 02:14 PM
That's why they are both open now. No need to let it escalate out of control.

A good friend once said "words are like bullets, once you use them they can't be taken back"

I look at it this way, I prevented a little bloodshed that's all.

Tishimself
09-18-2013, 02:16 PM
It's my Saturday. The best I can do is lurk. All strung out from the stress of nearly wiping out a couple of kids on a bridge last night.....

314joey
09-18-2013, 02:17 PM

A good friend once said "words are like bullets, once you use them they can't be taken back"

Thanks Wyatt..........truthfully................. thanks

Unforgiven
09-18-2013, 02:19 PM

thats one thing about GN7...he's a bad shot...

riverrunner1984
09-18-2013, 02:28 PM

I agree 100%! Hotboat.com and a good drama free reputation to uphold and you are doing a nice job of keeping it that way!

Wendi
09-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Hotboat likes gn7 and truly hopes he comes back. He has great content and an abundance of knowledge and people are asking him questions and he is gracious enough to answer them. Come back gn7 you are always welcome here.

HB Vic
09-18-2013, 03:08 PM
It's my Saturday. The best I can do is lurk. All strung out from the stress of nearly wiping out a couple of kids on a bridge last night.....

What happened? Car accident?

Tishimself
09-18-2013, 03:13 PM
What happened? Car accident?

Give me a couple of minutes.....then check back in the "What's your occupation?" string......

Joker
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I have no idea why they were locked, but I'm sure there's a reason behind it. On a side note, the information provided by GN7 was pretty helpful.

28eliminator
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
WOW... I go do some work for a few hours and :cowdodo:

You know...... fuck, nevermind, I'll behave :bangmyhead:

HB Vic
09-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Give me a couple of minutes.....then check back in the "What's your occupation?" string......

Ok got it. Understandable, not like you can just stop or steer away. Pretty helpless feeling I would imagine. So they got lucky? This time.

Tishimself
09-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Ok got it. Understandable, not like you can just stop or steer away. Pretty helpless feeling I would imagine. So they got lucky? This time.

Been through it 7 times. That's not to say it gets any less horrifying....it doesn't. And it seems the near misses are getting as bad....on these days, I am grateful when Chrissie walks upstairs and hands me a cup of tea....

Sharp shooter
09-18-2013, 03:58 PM
I don't know anything about threads that were locked, but I know Bob when it comes to the Internet.

His memory is like a steel trap, his filter is always OFF and his disposition is actually pretty damn good as long as you're not a clueless moron :D

Hopefully he still feels welcome here and continues to contribute.

WESTERNAERO
09-18-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't know anything about threads that were locked, but I know Bob when it comes to the Internet.

His memory is like a steel trap, his filter is always OFF and his disposition is actually pretty damn good as long as you're not a clueless moron :D

Hopefully he still feels welcome here and continues to contribute.

I've seen you get into trouble on these sites also.:wink2:
But what you are saying is correct. There seems to be two different types in the boating world. The ones that buy a new boat and have it serviced or upgraded at a marine shop. And two, the gear head monkey that does everything themselves. For the first type, the way Bob comes across is ruff, crude and just down right fucked up. For the second type it is just the opposite. We see absolutely nothing wrong in his words or behavior. I don't know Bob, I don't even know what he looks like, so I'm not defending him for any reason except to state that there are those that understand and there are those that don't.
Bob, get your mean grumpy ass back here I have more questions for you.

Sharp shooter
09-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I've seen you get into trouble on these sites also.:wink2:

What? I've never been in trouble! I've never been banned from any site EVER. That's true.

Your analysis is pretty good even though I'd say there's more than just 2 groups. Lol

WESTERNAERO
09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
What? I've never been in trouble! I've never been banned from any site EVER. That's true.

Your analysis is pretty good even though I'd say there's more than just 2 groups. Lol

Yeah I agree, but one could write for days on different personality types.
Make sure you post up a lot of pics from this coming Saturday, I wan't to go but won't be able to make it. Thanks.

Joker
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Stick around.:action-smiley-035:

Let's hope so.

RVR SWPR
09-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Stick Around.

RVR SWPR
09-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Sorry on the double post.:thumbsUp:

Sharp shooter
09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Westernareo, If I go I'll get some pics.

WESTERNAERO
09-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Westernareo, If I go I'll get some pics.

Oh, I thought for sure you'd be going. Don't you have that Honcho boat? I been looking at pics of that thing for a while, it's very nice. There are a number of boats that have been all of the internet that I have been wanting to see in person. I can never seem to find the time to go to one of these shows.