PDA

View Full Version : Riverland Peeps

JBS
09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
So the Steinberg's are joining the Riverland Crew. Bought a trailer yesterday a couple of doors down from the WMC's :thumb:

Have a few questions.

TV and Internet what do you use?

We have Verizon for cell but service seemed a little sketchy yesterday

Ice/Supplies. Do you use the local store or do you go to town?

I figure we need a Cart right off the bat. The boat search will start shortly Don't tell the wife. She thinks we are waiting until spring :action-smiley-070:

What else do we need to know.

Wendi
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
We are so excited to have you guys in the park. You will be very happy. TV & Internet, we just bring a couple of boxes from Home (Directv). The store has free wifi, just ask them for the passcode. In regards to ice, most often bought in town at the grocery store or Parker Ice if they are open, but if needed the store sells the large back for $5.40. We have Verizon as well and never have issues. Cart yes for sure. Lots of fun desert riding on CAli side. We spend the entire week of Thanksgiving at the park, lots of the residence do. It is fun in the winter just as much as the summer.

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
So the Steinberg's are joining the Riverland Crew. Bought a trailer yesterday a couple of doors down from the WMC's :thumb:

Have a few questions.

I figure we need a Cart right off the bat. The boat search will start shortly Don't tell the wife. She thinks we are waiting until spring :action-smiley-070:

cool... we're try'n to plan a trip there

GotHalos
09-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Congrats! :thumbup:

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood!! We're pretty laid back and quiet most of the time 😜😜

ChumpChange
09-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Tell the community a little more about Riverland.........

PokerRun388
09-16-2013, 12:01 PM

X2. Seems like a cool place, I've never been there. Haven't been to Parker since I was a kid, but I wanna go back sometime! It's a fun atmosphere on the river!

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 12:01 PM

Can't. It's on a need to know basis only :D

ChumpChange
09-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Can't. It's on a need to know basis only :D

Quite the salesman you are!

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Quite the salesman you are!

The application and approval process is quite lengthy and invasive. It's definitely not for everyone lol

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 12:14 PM
If you don't have a background, we don't recommend applying :D

WMC
09-16-2013, 12:19 PM
It's just like WWW.Hotboat.com. a great place to hang, good people and drama free. :thumbup:

sent from the best phone on earth

Get Some
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Hopefully the new managers are as cool as the old ones.

Cole Trickle
09-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Parkers closed...

Welcome aboard:cool::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 12:34 PM
It's also good to have some immunity to a certain cinnamon flavored whisky :D

JBS
09-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. We are excited.

I don't think ThanksGiving is going to work this year with Les due date a couple of weeks later. You never know.

Not really looking to get back into the Off road thing per say. But who knows. I think there is more sand on the Cal side. How does it work over there. I thought you can't plate SXS like in AZ. I am thinking a Gas cart to start as it can always be used to get around the park. Does it have to be registered in some way?

Cole Trickle
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. We are excited.

I don't think ThanksGiving is going to work this year with Les due date a couple of weeks later. You never know.

Not really looking to get back into the Off road thing per say. But who knows. I think there is more sand on the Cal side. How does it work over there. I thought you can't plate SXS like in AZ. I am thinking a Gas cart to start as it can always be used to get around the park. Does it have to be registered in some way?

your golden with either a gas or eclectric cart as long as it has head lights. No registration or anything else needed

you won't be able to run a sxs in the park. The storage units in the back are very close to the road and there is a way out to the road where you go a couple hundred yards to a ton of desert riding....The park dosent hassel you if you drive slow to the back exit

ChumpChange
09-16-2013, 12:52 PM
It's just like WWW.Hotboat.com. a great place to hang, good people and drama free. :thumbup:

Isn't Riverland where all the Asses hang out?

WMC
09-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Isn't Riverland where all the Asses hang out?

Hmmm and a owl

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Have a few questions.

the main rule in the park is you can't "SAW" anything,... other than that, basic rules....

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
I'll send you a neighborhood watch application as well as our HOA ccr's. The only real important thing that stands out IMO is the open bottle policy. It's pretty straight forward, we come over, you open bottles :D

Cole Trickle
09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
You should also know regardless of how much WMC drinks or what time he goes to bed there is a very good chance he is going to wake you up at 7:30am to get the party started again.

I have found that having the wife distract him with cofffee and breakfast can at times get you an extra 30-60 minutes of sleep....if your lucky;):D

Wendi
09-16-2013, 01:27 PM
You should also know regardless of how much WMC drinks or what time he goes to bed there is a very good chance he is going to wake you up at 7:30am to get the party started again.

I have found that having the wife distract him with cofffee and breakfast can at times get you an extra 30-60 minutes of sleep....if your lucky;):D

So true and funny

Cole Trickle
09-16-2013, 01:33 PM
the main rule in the park is you can't "SAW" anything,... other than that, basic rules....

This only works if HB leaves his video camera at home and do sent have 4g to upload to YouTube...lol

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 01:39 PM

Jeff, the most important bit of advice I can give you: When you go to sleep at night, lock your doors. Not because we have burglars. Not because we have prowlers. And not because we have perves or creepers. If you don't lock your door at night, WMC will wake you up before you're ready to get up. We call it the Willum Rule at our house.

Cole Trickle
09-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Jeff, the most important bit of advice I can give you: When you go to sleep at night, lock your doors. Not because we have burglars. Not because we have prowlers. And not because we have perves or creepers. If you don't lock your door at night, WMC will wake you up before you're ready to get up. We call it the Willum Rule at our house.

Sound advice.....

In addition to this rule if the wmc's go to bed "early" do not forget said rule thinking your home free because they boomerang and rebound from "naps" better than anyone I have ever met...lol

WMC
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM

Lol and the blinds need to be shut if there open that mean you're up and ready to see me.:D

28eliminator
09-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Sooo... do you ALL have a place at Riverland?

Never been there.. and I spent a lot of years boating Parker too :hmmm::headscratch:

Wendi
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM

Never been there.. and I spent a lot of years boating Parker too :hmmm::headscratch:
Yes we all have places there. It is a great park with lots of friends. Most major holidays we will have some sort of a party, BBQ, Taco truck, etc. New Years we clear out one of the large storage units, bring in our DJ Mr. HB, lights, heaters and rock the night away. We've also gotten to know a lot of the campers it is one big happy family!

riverrunner1984
09-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Dont have a place but I rented a Bungalow for Labor Day and will def rent one again!!!
Good times and great people!!!

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 02:23 PM

there's places and spaces.... we use the space...

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Lol and the blinds need to be shut if there open that mean you're up and ready to see me.:D

It also helps to make your bedroom windows inaccessible by foot. Put something large near them so knocking hands cant reach. Or just plywood them up altogether :D

28eliminator
09-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Yes we all have places there. It is a great park with lots of friends. Most major holidays we will have some sort of a party, BBQ, Taco truck, etc. New Years we clear out one of the large storage units, bring in our DJ Mr. HB, lights, heaters and rock the night away. We've also gotten to know a lot of the campers it is one big happy family!

Thats awesome.. sounds like a great place, and a lot of cool people..

Dont have a place but I rented a Bungalow for Labor Day and will def rent one again!!!
Good times and great people!!!

How much? Can you leave your boat in the water?

there's places and spaces.... we use the space...

Didn't you take your MoHo there last year?

riverrunner1984
09-16-2013, 02:48 PM

It is normally 135 per night. We went for the Holiday weekend so it was 150 and a 3 night min.
I did not leave my boat in the water over night as it is not very big and there is a risk of it sinking. However, I did see some boats left in. They also rent a slip out if you would prefer that for $10 per night.

Honestly it was not a big deal taking the boat on and off the trailer. The ramp is right next to the beach area so it is easy money!

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 02:50 PM

we been there a couple times,

i got some pics, but I never "SAW" anyone....

JBS
09-16-2013, 03:34 PM
I'll send you a neighborhood watch application as well as our HOA ccr's. The only real important thing that stands out IMO is the open bottle policy. It's pretty straight forward, we come over, you open bottles :D

I am good with that Rule:happy:

This can be arranged. Plus I can always pull the Baby is sleeping card :angry:

I will have to look into this issue. Maybe Scotty and I can split a fence on the back side:hilarious:

Ah No it means we forgot to close them :happy:

It also helps to make your bedroom windows inaccessible by foot. Put something large near them so knocking hands cant reach. Or just plywood them up altogether :D

Sounds like good advice :welcome:

chevellesb406
09-16-2013, 04:35 PM

Damn, everyone is finding out about the bungalows :) , I usually rent one 3 or 4 times a season for the rare times my buddy doesn't have me stay for free on D row. Week long rental is where its at :)

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
water front space1851318514185151851618517

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
water front space18513

Is that the new one, the old one, the previous one, or the one before the last one? :D

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Is that the new one, the old one, the previous one, or the one before the last one? :D

I have the 26' all white one now..

Wendi
09-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I have the 26' all white one now..

That's what Vic needs then wrap with hotboat.com

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
That's what Vic needs then wrap with hotboat.comInstead, like a dummy, I pay extra for paint :bangmyhead:

2FORCEFULL
09-16-2013, 08:51 PM
That's what Vic needs then wrap with hotboat.com

he could wrap mine so people will see it when we camp on the river,,

09-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't know what to say. Well I do but...........

2FORCEFULL
09-17-2013, 04:39 AM
:omg:
Don't know what to say. Well I do but...........

how bout....:omg::nutswinger:

28eliminator
09-17-2013, 05:08 AM
:omg:

how bout....:omg::nutswinger:

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Wendi
09-17-2013, 06:40 AM
[QUOTE=Hotboat;31736like a dummy,:bangmyhead:[/QUOTE] you said it not me LOL

SML
09-17-2013, 09:15 AM
I can't wait to come to riverland to show you all how its really done. :D

WMC
09-17-2013, 09:34 AM

You've been out of the picture for quite some time I'm sure you have lost some of your game you might want to practice before you come to Riverland. :eek:

sent from WMC's phone

09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
:D

Haha

09-17-2013, 10:33 AM
You've been out of the picture for quite some time I'm sure you have lost some of your game you might want to practice before you come to Riverland. :eek:

sent from WMC's phone

You guys are all old in that park. You can't hang

HB Vic
09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
You guys are all old in that park. You can't hang

The name is in the process of being changed from Riverland Resort Park to, Riverland Retirement Park :D

09-17-2013, 11:11 AM
The name is in the process of being changed from Riverland Resort Park to, Riverland Retirement Park :D

Old guy park. Noted

SML
09-17-2013, 11:19 AM

sent from WMC's phone

Don't poke the bear :D

If i recall, i put on atleast one display at riverland. Lol