PDA

View Full Version : Posting of watermarked photographs or other materials

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Please be advised that posting of photographs or other materials with watermarks, copyrighted or otherwise, will be removed. Watermarking of photographs or other materials can imply ownership of that photograph or material, and unless hotboat.com is given permission to display the content of the watermarked material, the material will be deleted. Even if the photograph was taken by you, if it is watermarked by another website or individual, and you give permission, the material will be removed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we certainly do not want to censor any material that our members post, but posting of watermarked material can cause legal issues that we would prefer not to get involved with. I hope you understand our concern and will comply with our request. Thank you, HB.

RVR SWPR
09-16-2013, 09:49 AM
No problem,totally get the point.

wannabe
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
If it is my photo, with or without a wannabe stamp, I am O.K. with it on this site and the one "other" site. So, consider this my written approval so long as it stays on this site.
-Buzzz-

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 11:32 AM
If it is my photo, with or without a wannabe stamp, I am O.K. with it on this site and the one "other" site. So, consider this my written approval so long as it stays on this site.
-Buzzz-

Thank you. You're photos are awesome.

Deeboat
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
-Buzzz-

That's the thing you can't police where images are going to end up.

i think the main issue he is talking about is the fact that a lot of images posted are watermakred illegally. watermarking someone else property and reaping the benefits for your own sake is not good. just search the internet.

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
That's the thing you can't police where images are going to end up.

i think the main issue he is talking about is the fact that a lot of images posted are watermakred illegally. watermarking someone else property and reaping the benefits for your own sake is not good. just search the internet.

I certainly wouldn't want my property stamped with someone else's logo, TM, or SM without my permission. I'm sure its not a big deal for 98% of the people out there, its the 2% that's I'm concerned about :D

RogerThat99
09-16-2013, 05:41 PM
To Clarify... I watermark most of my pictures, are you saying that I can't post them with my watermark or are you saying they can't have another watermark on them from another website or other source?

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
To Clarify... I watermark most of my pictures, are you saying that I can't post them with my watermark or are you saying they can't have another watermark on them from another website or other source?

You are good. You own them, you mark them, you post them. Perfect 👍

gn7
09-16-2013, 05:48 PM
DING DING DING

It would be pretty tough proven a copyright infringement on a picture that was linked from the internet. However, I would NEVER suggest that HB take it upon themselves to water mark any photograph they do not have full ownership of, as 'SOME" other site does. Its as if the site is branding the material as theirs, and that could potentially lead to some bad ju ju.

WMC
09-16-2013, 05:50 PM

We are saying if they are your photos and your watermarks. All is good.

sent from WMC's phone

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Bad ju ju lol :D

WMC
09-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Bad ju ju lol :D

What's a ju ju? :confused: :rolleyes:

sent from WMC's phone

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 06:00 PM

sent from WMC's phone

A legal slang term for ju ju :D

WMC
09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
A legal slang term for ju ju :D

Ohhhh I thought it was a ju ju bug:eek:

sent from WMC's phone

Stainless
09-16-2013, 06:03 PM

sent from WMC's phone

Sounds like something you wouldn't want to try orally. :p

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like something you wouldn't want to try orally. :p

Bad ju ju can cost you real cabbage 😳

gn7
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juju

riverbound
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
This thread is lame. Why not just say upfront that you don't want pics with the RDP water mark on them? This isn't about legalities and ownership of pictures......

WMC
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
This thread is lame. Why not just say upfront that you don't want pics with the RDP water mark on them? This isn't about legalities and ownership of pictures......

Actually it is about legalities not just Rdp. That's why we don't do it here. The pictures we watermark were taken by Hotboat.com

sent from WMC's phone

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 06:46 PM

You're right. Ok. I don't pictures with RDP watermarks on them or any other sites watermarks for that matter LOL. It really is a liability that I don't need. No sense in exposing yourself unnecessarily imo. Now if RD wants to give me permission to post his property on this site, then no problem :D

riverbound
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM
You're right. Ok. I don't pictures with RDP watermarks on them or any other sites watermarks for that matter LOL. It really is a liability that I don't need. No sense in exposing yourself unnecessarily imo. Now if RD wants to give me permission to post his property on this site, then no problem :D

Understandable for sure.

This site is not known for the drama. I hope you guys are able to keep it that way. It's nice to be able to getaway from it over here. And so far it seems you have done a great job of curbing it. My hats off to you.

HB Vic
09-16-2013, 07:43 PM
I deleted the last two posts. Just trying to stay focused here a little.

riverbound
09-16-2013, 07:44 PM

Good call.

gn7
09-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Works for me:thumbup:

ChumpChange
09-16-2013, 08:51 PM

You sure?

Sharp shooter
09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I am the sole proprietor of V-Drive Video Productions and hereby grant Hotboat and or Hotboat.com legal right to post/display or share any of my photos or videos watermarked with: "www.v-drivevideo.net", "www.v-drivevideo.com", "v-drive video productions" or "Krazy Kolors by Billy B.". This includes posting on facebook.

(My only request is that you don't remove, add to, crop, or modify my watermarks :))

Thanks,
- Jerry Griffin
V-Drive Video Productions

gn7
09-16-2013, 11:05 PM
I am the sole proprietor of V-Drive Video Productions and hereby grant Hotboat and or Hotboat.com legal right to post/display or share any of my photos or videos watermarked with: "www.v-drivevideo.net", "www.v-drivevideo.com", "v-drive video productions" or "Krazy Kolors by Billy B.". This includes posting on facebook.

(My only request is that you don't remove, add to, crop, or modify my watermarks :))

Thanks,
- Jerry Griffin

Damn it. Just when I was going to post up some really cool shit.

OK folks, THIS IS NOT MODIFIED OR FOTO CHOPPED IN ANY WAY.
Shooter just has some serious sack and some baddass toys.

HB Vic
09-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Thanks,
- Jerry Griffin

Thank you Jerry.

Wendi
09-17-2013, 06:36 AM

Thanks,
- Jerry Griffin

I've watched your videos they are awesome. Thanks for the permission!!

09-17-2013, 07:10 AM
:D

Wasn't me. Well......

HB Vic
09-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Understandable for sure.

This site is not known for the drama. I hope you guys are able to keep it that way. It's nice to be able to getaway from it over here. And so far it seems you have done a great job of curbing it. My hats off to you.

Thanks Billdo. It hasn't been easy that's for sure. And I'm sure our membership #'s have suffered a little as a result of what we're trying to do. But in the end I'm confident it will work out :D