PDA

View Full Version : New boat/ dock pics

314joey
09-15-2013, 12:26 PM
The Wife is out of town this weekend in Baltimore with her girlfriends and I was bored so I went across the channel and took some pics of the boat and dock from my neighbors lot, looks different from over here.

WMC
09-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Looks real nice Joey

GRADS
09-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Wow, that is a really awesome set up!! Is this in Florida? Must be nice....If I had your kind of money I'd burn mine. ;)

314joey
09-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Just made my cash work harder for me and yes, Cape Coral, it's next to Ft. Myers, we're about 30 minutes from the Gulf, it's our dream house, thanks guys.

GRADS
09-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Just made my cash work harder for me and yes, Cape Coral, it's next to Ft. Myers, we're about 30 minutes from the Gulf, it's our dream house, thanks guys.

Looks like we had the same dream except yours came true. :)

ChumpChange
09-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Very cool. Wouldn't mind a setup like that someday when I don't have to worry about kids around water.

riverrunner1984
09-15-2013, 01:03 PM

I need to be advised on how to make my cash work hard for me like that!!!
Great looking set up!

Stainless
09-15-2013, 01:04 PM
we're about 30 minutes from the Gulf,
Joey, is your canal fresh water?

GotHalos
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Very nice!

Wendi
09-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Really nice that is what our friends are building in isle of Capri

shippingguy
09-15-2013, 02:04 PM

Very cool! One of my best friends lives in Cape Coral. When I was playing ball I live in Ft. Myers. I love that area.

314joey
09-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks guys I'm just glad I'm still young enough to enjoy it, the canal is "brackish" about 50% saltwater, the further you go up river the fresher it gets, I still flush both engines after every time we go out, it takes about 5 minutes per engine, no big deal.

I'm one of the few powerboats in our canal, most are CC are deckboats, they all think I'm a rebel with these big loud motors, that's funny.

Stainless
09-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys I'm just glad I'm still young enough to enjoy it, the canal is "brackish" about 50% saltwater, the further you go up river the fresher it gets, I still flush both engines after every time we go out, it takes about 5 minutes per engine, no big deal.

I'm one of the few powerboats in our canal, most are CC are deckboats, they all think I'm a rebel with these big loud motors, that's funny.

Brackish, so no gators huh?
I liked having gators around. :eek:

GRADS
09-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Brackish, so no gators huh?
I liked having gators around. :eek:

Gators? :yikes: :yikes: F that! I guess I wouldn't be paddle boarding in those waters.

2FORCEFULL
09-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Wow, that is a really awesome set up!! Is this in Florida? Must be nice....If I had your kind of money I'd burn mine. ;)

send the money to me and Ill burn it for you while I'm burning mine..

2FORCEFULL
09-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Very cool! One of my best friends lives in Cape Coral. When I was playing ball I live in Ft. Myers. I love that area.

my son used to play hockey tournaments there...

2FORCEFULL
09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
The Wife is out of town this weekend in Baltimore with her girlfriends and I was bored so I went across the channel and took some pics of the boat and dock from my neighbors lot, looks different from over here.

nice set up right there....

Stainless
09-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Gators? :yikes: :yikes: F that! I guess I wouldn't be paddle boarding in those waters.

When I lived there gator attacks on humans were very rare. Gators were a protected species, therefore they had plenty of food supply and habitat. Now that they are off that list and plentiful, I'm not sure about swimming in gator infested water, especially with children. They usually prey on food smaller than they are snakes, dogs, cats etc.

PokerRun388
09-15-2013, 05:45 PM

Joey do have a hose right there by the lift? Do u wash down the hull when you raise the boat up on the lift to clean off the salt water? Also, do you ever do any of the FPC runs? they always look super fun on videos, the miami boat show PR always looks cool.

28eliminator
09-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Nice Gig you got there Joey :thumb:

Looks like a great place for the Annual Hot Boat Bash :partyguy::action-smiley-035::biggrin:

GotHalos
09-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Looks like a great place for the Annual Hot Boat Bash :partyguy::action-smiley-035::biggrin:

LOL. :thumbup: :thumbup: :biggrin:

Tishimself
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
That's gator country guys, and I ain't talking about the team. Somewhere in those pics, just out of sight, something is watching him and waiting for him to slip, trip, or fall into the water. The only time I set foot in Florida is to get from the airport to the ship and back to the airport LOL......seriously though, that is a nice clean setup, and those formula's never fail to impress....congrats!!

314joey
09-16-2013, 05:27 AM
Joey do have a hose right there by the lift? Do u wash down the hull when you raise the boat up on the lift to clean off the salt water? Also, do you ever do any of the FPC runs? they always look super fun on videos, the miami boat show PR always looks cool.

Yes, there's a fresh water hose bib right at the dock, it's super easy to grab to flush out the engines and clean the boat with and no, we haven't done any of the FPC runs yet, but there's local powerboat club, FT, Myers Offshore (FMO) there's about forty guys in it with 48' Nortechs to CC to V-hulls like mine, we do 1 run a month from as far North as Sarasota and as far South as Marco Island, that's about 120 mile spread, great bunch of guys,................................ we'll eventually do a FPC run, here's us getting ready for a run.

Whose bringing the alcohol.

About this GATOR thing, there's virtually none down by us, the lady across the canal has seen one in 28 years, they stay up in the wetlands (everglades) area, they don't like our brackish water or people.

Thanks for the nice compliments guys.

SBS933
09-16-2013, 01:40 PM
YAAWWWN, been there done that. HAHA Serious sick deal going on there that is a dream house, congrats to you.

314joey
09-16-2013, 03:04 PM
YAAWWWN, been there done that. HAHA Serious sick deal going on there that is a dream house, congrats to you.

Thanks SBS..........................here's front shot.

shippingguy
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Very nice home. I bet you live very close to my best friend and his wife. His wife grew up in Cape Coral. He and I met when playing ball for the Royals. Our first year in A-Ball was in Ft. Myers. His wife is a pretty popular RE Agent in the area. I love that area! I actually fly out to Orlando Wed. morning.

314joey
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Very nice home. I bet you live very close to my best friend and his wife. His wife grew up in Cape Coral. He and I met when playing ball for the Royals. Our first year in A-Ball was in Ft. Myers. His wife is a pretty popular RE Agent in the area. I love that area! I actually fly out to Orlando Wed. morning.

ReMax is the biggest biggest real estate company down here, who does she work for, don't throw down with her name, we live over by Rumrunners in SW Cape, do you know where they live.

It's funny coming from the Midwest I always had to blow leaves away with my leaf blower, down here I walk around and pick up palm fronds, it's weird.

Stainless
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM

Very nice home Joey!!

314joey
09-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Very nice home Joey!!

Thank you, I know I'm lucky and thank god everyday, sorry don't mean to get deep.