PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Stainless
09-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I shut my account off a couple years ago because of a troll. I know your thinking you should just block or unfriend them, problem is other friends would share with troll so i finally said fuck it. Let me add, I came from a small town that everyone knew everyone.
But it is becoming more often that things you want to participate in require an active Faceboook account.
My question is how do those of you that have it manage friends? Im sure it has better options now for managing people. Do you use an alias screen name like you would on a forum? Im not really interested in feeding the fish, watering the grass, harvesting the crops, or playing Bejeweled. So can you post up your tips so that it doesnt become a PITA. :secret:

GRADS
09-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Bottom line is don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see and ignore friend requests of people you don't want to be friends with.

riverrunner1984
09-11-2013, 12:48 PM
You can hide all the games as well as make your profile private.
Basically, no one can look at my page unless they are my friend. Everything I post is private to my friends as well.

Wendi
09-11-2013, 12:49 PM
You can block and hide almost anything now. You can stop the game requests, etc. You are missing out my friend. My Hotboat facebook page is the shit!!! Great stuff get back on there. You go into your privacy settings and account settings to manage all that stuff you mentioned above. I wouldn't do an alias because then you won't have any friends unless you do all the requesting. I like FB because I get to see pics from family and friends, high school reunion type stuff and Hotboat!

GRADS
09-11-2013, 12:52 PM
By the way, www.facebook.com/grads ;)

Stainless
09-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Bottom line is don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see and ignore friend requests of people you don't want to be friends with.
That would be an entire town, they share eveything with each other, lol.

Unforgiven
09-11-2013, 12:57 PM
That would be an entire town, they share eveything with each other, lol.

they share everything?? so on my account I changed it so the whole world can't see it..also went thru there and dumped out alot of peeps tied to another forum..I get rid of the drama players...(except Wendi she's my favorite drama)

rivermobster
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
What requires you to have a facebook account??

Tapatalk 4.0

Stainless
09-11-2013, 01:31 PM
What requires you to have a facebook account??

Tapatalk 4.0
Enter contests and some websites set up things to vote on through a facebook acount.

Bianca_Rose
09-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I shut my account off a couple years ago because of a troll. I know your thinking you should just block or unfriend them, problem is other friends would share with troll so i finally said fuck it. Let me add, I came from a small town that everyone knew everyone.
But it is becoming more often that things you want to participate in require an active Faceboook account.
My question is how do those of you that have it manage friends? Im sure it has better options now for managing people. Do you use an alias screen name like you would on a forum? Im not really interested in feeding the fish, watering the grass, harvesting the crops, or playing Bejeweled. So can you post up your tips so that it doesnt become a PITA. :secret:

I don't really post much but if I don't want someone to see my stuff 1. they aren't my friend or 2. I block them. On the other hand if I don't want to see someone who post and shares everything all day long (hint: SFS) I am able to hide their post so they don't show up on my newsfeed at all which is great.

obnoxious001
09-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't want to see someone who post and shares everything all day long (hint: SFS) I am able to hide their post so they don't show up on my newsfeed at all which is great.

LOL, don't think he reads this to pick up the hint!

Stainless
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I don't really post much but if I don't want someone to see my stuff 1. they aren't my friend or 2. I block them. On the other hand if I don't want to see someone who post and shares everything all day long (hint: SFS) I am able to hide their post so they don't show up on my newsfeed at all which is great.

Does SFS abbreviate from "So F'ing Stressed"?
I have been trying to figure out since you posted. :p

GRADS
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM
If you are friends with Mini Kat on facebook you will see that Jackie Chan dies every day.:LMAOsmiley:

Havasu Party Bus
09-11-2013, 08:16 PM
:bat:Am i going to have to show you the door yet agian? Will you ever learn?:no:

http://www.facebook.com/havasu.kat

---

hbchgirl
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
LOL, don't think he reads this to pick up the hint!

Yeah he's too busy sharing on FB lol

Stainless
09-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah he's too busy sharing on FB lol

Can you guys let the rest of us in on the secret? :D
Guess I'm going to have to get Facebook resurrected. :p

Wendi
09-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Can you guys let the rest of us in on the secret? :D
Guess I'm going to have to get Facebook resurrected. :p And here is why17942

Bianca_Rose
09-12-2013, 09:37 AM
I have been trying to figure out since you posted. :p

Hahah it can be that...but its not :smilies_mit_hut019:

Wendi
09-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I have been trying to figure out since you posted. :p Shit Fuck Shit........ STFD

314joey
09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I never really understood FB, but I'm still in 1995

Stainless
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Shit Fuck Shit........ STFD
sit the fuck down...professional writing requires spelling out abbreviations before they are abbreviated.
Quit making me go to urban dictionary to translate. :D

Wendi
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
sit the fuck down...professional writing requires spelling out abbreviations before they are abbreviated.
Quit making me go to urban dictionary to translate. :D

WRONG!!! try again.

GRADS
09-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Hilarious!! Mini Kat just posted that Jackie Chan is dead....for the third day in a row.:LMAOsmiley: I'm pretty sure he must have a virus or something.

314joey
09-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Girls just want to have fun.

Stainless
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Hilarious!! Mini Kat just posted that Jackie Chan is dead....for the third day in a row.:LMAOsmiley: I'm pretty sure he must have a virus or something.

I thought he unfriended you yesterday, he's gonna be pissed when he reads your post. :p

Havasu Party Bus
09-12-2013, 05:17 PM

http://youtu.be/YxYvzVxJtYM
I think i got that Jackie Chan deal handled now...

I thought he unfriended you yesterday, he's gonna be pissed when he reads your post. :p
Grads just being Grads his alright..

Wendi
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Have you liked us on Facebook? Please share some of your pics with us on our FB page so I can share them!

Eli
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
I came to this party way too late!

I will like HB on FB...

But since I'm here ill throw in my 10 cents and you all can give me change :)

I find more recently that FB is a way for people to ask me for shit, tell me the shit they are doing which I have no interest in or talk shit to me about how I don't give a shit.

Also, the way you handle people you don't want reading your FB is to have more people on your blocked list then your friends list.

Funny, my "father" tried to friend me and I didn't accept him but, I didn't want him to find me again and ask AGAIN so I changed my FB name to Hotlips Hoolihan. Those were a few good months! ;)

Oh and I rarely ever post on FB...who has time? I post 100 posts at least a day on boating related (sarcasm) things!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

Wendi
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I came to this party way too late!

I will like HB on FB...

But since I'm here ill throw in my 10 cents and you all can give me change :)

I find more recently that FB is a way for people to ask me for shit, tell me the shit they are doing which I have no interest in or talk shit to me about how I don't give a shit.

Also, the way you handle people you don't want reading your FB is to have more people on your blocked list then your friends list.

Funny, my "father" tried to friend me and I didn't accept him but, I didn't want him to find me again and ask AGAIN so I changed my FB name to Hotlips Hoolihan. Those were a few good months! ;)

Oh and I rarely ever post on FB...who has time? I post 100 posts at least a day on boating related (sarcasm) things!

Sent from my Bat Cave...

I agree however if I link something from here to HB FB it seems to bring more traffic to the site

FormulaZR
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I hate Facebook. It's typically just a bunch of people telling me things about their day to day life that I really couldn't care less about.

Dipstick updated their status:
Woo-hoo Starbucks Double mocha vanilla chai thai latte cappuccino venti.

I don't give a rat's ass, pour it on yourself for all I care.

Or posting ten thousand pictures of their kids. I don't give a shit how "cute" little Johnny looks in his new sailors outfit.

I was proud, for a while I had my friends list whittled down to just the THB crew.

Wendi
10-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I hate Facebook. It's typically just a bunch of people telling me things about their day to day life that I really couldn't care less about.

Dipstick updated their status:
Woo-hoo Starbucks Double mocha vanilla chai thai latte cappuccino venti.

I don't give a rat's ass, pour it on yourself for all I care.

Or posting ten thousand pictures of their kids. I don't give a shit how "cute" little Johnny looks in his new sailors outfit.

I was proud, for a while I had my friends list whittled down to just the THB crew.

Very funny and true

Wendi
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Just like hotboat on FB please and thank you!!

Tishimself
10-22-2013, 08:51 PM
For the last 6 years or so, I have had a highly political page on FB.......at one time I had 5500+ friends on FB. (even though FB only allows you 5000, I somehow ended up with that many...) I right now have 4800+ friends and am not taking on any new "friends unless I know them. Right now I have 500+ friend requests and I don't answer them. Being the staunch conservative that I am, people wanted to be plugged in to me and the conversations on my page....my page right now is kind of dormant, not a lot going on with it, at least not until the 2014 elections start to heat up...as for managing friends....if you say it, mean it. Stand by what you say. The whole nine degrees of separation thing is true. Don't put stuff up that your not sure about. And if someone pisses you off, defriend and block them. Easy as that. I get some folks that are these contrail idiots. I ban them on the spot. No time for that BS....LOL...hope this helps....<B>

Napanutt
10-22-2013, 09:12 PM
For the last 6 years or so, I have had a highly political page on FB.......at one time I had 5500+ friends on FB. (even though FB only allows you 5000, I somehow ended up with that many...) I right now have 4800+ friends and am not taking on any new "friends unless I know them. Right now I have 500+ friend requests and I don't answer them. Being the staunch conservative that I am
Hey, we drove threw Bakersfield around 2:00 Monday. We were kind in a hurry. Thought about you as we were passing by. Maybe next time.

GRADS
10-22-2013, 09:48 PM
www.facebook.com/grads

just tell me your screen name and I'll add you

FormulaZR
10-22-2013, 10:27 PM
4800+ friends? I couldn't imagine.

Just last week I trimmed mine from a little over 150 back down to 22.

I figure if I don't have your phone number and we talk regularly...or you're not a member of a boating group - we don't really need to keep up with each other's BS on FB.

PS: Wendi - I "liked" the HB page. HB should feel priviledged...I have only "liked" 3 pages ever. HB, Dave Ramsey, and Shiner Beer.