PDA

View Full Version : Apple and iPhones

HB Vic
09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Its not a big secret to many of you who know me. I used to hate iphones. I'm sure I've said things like "it'll be a cold day in hell before I own one". Well it got pretty cold last winter so I switched from Droid's to iphones. And I honestly haven't looked back. Other than being a little smaller, both in size and the display keyboard, I have almost no complaints. Well tomorrow Apple is supposed to announce the release of the iphone 5S and 5C as well as IOS7. So I already sent our account rep a note to reserve a new 5S. But it looks like you can actually get IOS7 now. I saw a sneak peak of it on one of our phones over the weekend. Now I don't know if the operator of the phone hacked it to get IOS7 installed, but from what little I did see, it looked pretty cool. The new 5S is supposed to have a finger print sensor on it, so no more plugging in codes or numbers, just swipe your finger and you're in. Not sure of the other improvements on the 5S, but its supposed to be faster. Not that, that means much to me. My phone usually waits on me. Here's a little info on the whole Apple event tomorrow. If you buy one and don't like it, don't blame me LOL http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/iphone-5s-iphone-5c-ios-expect-tomorrows-apple/story?id=20201962

riverrunner1984
09-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I have been waiting for the new iPhone. I am on sprint and when I had my last upgrade, iPhone was not available yet on the Sprint network so I had to get an Android. I am a big Apple fan and although the droid has been good to me, I cant wait to make the switch!

Stainless
09-09-2013, 02:27 PM
iPhone and iPad fan here. Not sure if I'll ever have the latest iPhone as mine belongs to employer and they are staying back one generation for my pay grade. But it's free, so I won't complain much. :p

Joker
09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Always said I'd never have a Mac or an iPhone, now I have both.

HB Vic
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM

I bought a Mac. Hated it. For business anyway. MS Office was crude. If I remember correctly it was also missing features and had other compatibility issues. I tried for several weeks to make it work, but finally had to go back to a PC. Its still a member of the family, but not for business anymore.

28eliminator
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
I agree on the "not looking back" dealio.. I have an iphone, but work provides me with a droid POS. For the last year I've had the work phone forewarded to my iphone.. Pretty sure it's added years to my life. The user interface of the droid was horrible.

Napanutt
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Same here.

Joker
09-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I bought a Mac. Hated it. For business anyway. MS Office was crude. If I remember correctly it was also missing features and had other compatibility issues. I tried for several weeks to make it work, but finally had to go back to a PC. Its still a member of the family, but not for business anymore.

The wife is stuck using a PC since Mac does not offer I believe Quickbooks in a contractor edition. They said we could run it in paralell on a Mac, but that sounds like a PITA.

PokerRun388
09-09-2013, 06:16 PM
I plan on getting the new 5s sometime before xmas, I'm just going to wait until there's not such a mad rush to get them, and then i'll either order one or walk into a sprint store. I've had my 4 for two years now, so I'm ready for something new.:thumbup:

Stainless
09-10-2013, 05:58 AM
I wonder what happened that Costco doesn't sell Apple products?

riverrunner1984
09-10-2013, 07:03 AM
I wonder what happened that Costco doesn't sell Apple products?

Apple would not agree on the price Costco wanted to sell their products for. Something along those lines.
I bought my last itouch there about 3-4yrs ago before they stopped carrying the apple line of products.

Stainless
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Apple would not agree on the price Costco wanted to sell their products for. Something along those lines.
I bought my last itouch there about 3-4yrs ago before they stopped carrying the apple line of products.

Too bad, I always appreciated the little extra bundle Costco puts with their electronics.

riverrunner1984
09-10-2013, 12:27 PM
And here it is!
I will be going with the 5s.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/videos/#video-touch

Here is the 5c

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5c/videos/#video-product

PokerRun388
09-11-2013, 06:04 AM
The fingerprint touch ID is crazy!! Unreal how the technology is these days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk