PDA

View Full Version : Ant issues!!!

riverrunner1984
09-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Does anyone have any good remedies to get rid of ants?
I swear this year has been horrible for ants in my house.
Just cleaned out all the cupboards this morning because ants were everywhere.

The plug in things used to work for us and now it seems like they are no longer doing the job.

Any ideas how to get rid of these pests???

HB Vic
09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Maybe we're gonna have an earthquake?? :shock: We had them real bad when we bought this place around 2004. Called Orkin, they came out once and did their magic, never seen an ant or the Orkin man since :D

PokerRun388
09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
My mom always told me to sprinkle these two spices in the cabinets and I haven't had a problem in a long time. You can try buying these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clubby
09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
When it gets really hot outside, they come inside looking for food and water. The only thing that is really effective is having the outside of your house sprayed. Once it cools off they'll go back outside.

HB Vic
09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
My mom always told me to sprinkle these two spices in the cabinets and I haven't had a problem in a long time. You can try buying these?

Do you sprinkle it or smoke it? :D

riverrunner1984
09-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe we're gonna have an earthquake?? :shock: We had them real bad when we bought this place around 2004. Called Orkin, they came out once and did their magic, never seen an ant or the Orkin man since :D

That is what I will probably have to do. I live next to a wash and we have an issue with mice/rats in the back yard also, Thank God not in the house. Maybe get everything knocked out at once!

PokerRun388
09-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Do you sprinkle it or smoke it? :D

Lol never tried smoking it but?;)

No seriously though, she told me years ago to sprinkle those two inside the corners of the cabinets and apparently the ants don't like the smell and will stay away? Idk.. But so far it's worked..:D

riverrunner1984
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Just called my girl at the store right now and told her to pick these up. Thanks!

PokerRun388
09-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Just called my girl at the store right now and told her to pick these up. Thanks!

Lol you're welcome!!!!

HB Vic
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
That is what I will probably have to do. I live next to a wash and we have an issue with mice/rats in the back yard also, Thank God not in the house. Maybe get everything knocked out at once!

Funny story. I actually signed some sort of annual contract with Orkin. They came out once. Never sent a bill or anything. About 3 months later someone came out and said they made a mistake on the contract and it wasn't valid. They asked if I wanted to sign again (ants were long gone by this time) I said not really, but I would pay for the service. They said they couldn't take my money unless I signed. But If I didn't want to sign, no problem. It was their mistake and the service was free. Felt kinda bad. So I ended up using them at my business. They seem to be pretty fair.

Wendi
09-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Baby powder or comet sprinkled in the area they are coming in at they won't step over it. Also there is an ant powder that you can squirt in your plug outlets. I hate ants!!

riverrunner1984
09-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Funny story. I actually signed some sort of annual contract with Orkin. They came out once. Never sent a bill or anything. About 3 months later someone came out and said they made a mistake on the contract and it wasn't valid. They asked if I wanted to sign again (ants were long gone by this time) I said not really, but I would pay for the service. They said they couldn't take my money unless I signed. But If I didn't want to sign, no problem. It was their mistake and the service was free. Felt kinda bad. So I ended up using them at my business. They seem to be pretty fair.

Good to know, I am going to schedule to them to come out for an estimate. Think I will just try it the one time and see how it goes before doing some sort of contract. Like I said, I am right next to a wash for run-off so I am guessing it will be a continuing issues and I may have to do some kind of maintenance contract. We will see...

ChumpChange
09-08-2013, 10:53 AM

You should add some garlic to that little coctail as well. Fend off the vampires!

riverrunner1984
09-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Baby powder or comet sprinkled in the area they are coming in at they won't step over it. Also there is an ant powder that you can squirt in your plug outlets. I hate ants!!

I dont mind them so much, but Kim absolutely hates them!!!!
2 weeks ago, our frige in the garage was completely saturated with thousands of them. Not actually in any food or anything just inside the doors of the freezer. Many of them froze to death as well....Just Horrible!!!

314joey
09-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Anteater,.............................. sorry, I had to, don't they have those little ant houses that I heard work sometimes.

Stainless
09-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Anteater,.............................. sorry, I had to, don't they have those little ant houses that I heard work sometimes.

Lmfao! :p

Wendi
09-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I dont mind them so much, but Kim absolutely hates them!!!!
2 weeks ago, our frige in the garage was completely saturated with thousands of them. Not actually in any food or anything just inside the doors of the freezer. Many of them froze to death as well....Just Horrible!!!

Horrible that is awesome. Those little fockers need to be extinct IMO!!

PokerRun388
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
You should add some garlic to that little coctail as well. Fend off the vampires!

Lol, I'm telling you, this spices combo works!!! haha.:tongue:

RVRKID
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Just sent you a PM..

ChumpChange
09-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm on a monthly with Antimite. Haven't had any issues that couldn't be eradicated.

CarolynandBob
09-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Termidor They use it for termites but it works for ants and spiders. It is spendy, but it works awesome. Put in tank sprayer and a gal of water. I spray a 3 feet area all around the house. Zero ants or spiders. You need to reapply after it rains though.

http://www.amazon.com/Termidor-SC-20-oz-678529/dp/B002ZUCUGU