PDA

View Full Version : Is it right????????

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 10:59 AM
**** is a very strong word to use.The bosses here think it,s ok???

WMC
09-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes I did put that in the reason for the ban. I got caught up in the moment sorry for typing that and fixed it this morning. Sorry I didn't take the high road sooner. It's seems like they came over here to bully my wife Wendi.

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 11:09 AM

No it is not right. And its being addressed at this very moment. People have been banned permanently and have been given time off for saying it. While I do not condone the use of that word, I also do not appreciate this particular game that's being played. Personally, I do not need the aggravation and headache. This is not the reason why I brought hotboat.com back to life. The personal attacks on both sides of the fence must stop. Its childish. And it does nothing for the boating community as a whole. This isn't a gang. Its a forum where people can come and share their experiences, good times, events, and chat with friends. Not make enemies. We cannot stop everyone from coming over here and attacking the people of this community, but I can stop our people from feeding in to the frenzy. And I will. I apologize for the comments made by the operators of this site, and I can assure you it will not happen again. The member who initially used that word has been given some time off. The other member who was banned for no apparent reason, has been unbanned. Lets grow up a little people and move past this. Thank you. HB

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 11:10 AM
You are correct Sir.Common respect should be used at ALL times.

Napanutt
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes I did put that in the reason for the ban. I got caught up in the moment sorry for typing that and fixed it this morning. Sorry I didn't take the high road sooner. It's seems like they came over here to bully my wife Wendi.

That was good of you to apologize. I caught bits and pieces, didn't really get the bully vibe but I could have missed it. They did bring some 'spirited' bantering with them though.

Bobby V
09-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Not sure what you mean by coming over here. Topless and Her454 were HB members since at least 04. You have some damage control that needs to be taken care of ASAP. BTW why was Shintoo banned.?

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 11:17 AM
That was good of you to apologize. I caught bits and pieces, didn't really get the bully vibe but I could have missed it. They did bring some 'spirited' bantering with them though.

Not really,just stating a fact.Some words are just a just a way to push a button that is ugly.

SummitKarl
09-07-2013, 11:20 AM

I would suggest that you say that directly to Her454:wink:
you seriously insulted someone very special to me and I would keep in mind that my kindness to you at last years Street Party comes with no guarantees for this year.
That was awful and completely unacceptable:AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

HB Vic
Not sure what you mean by coming over here. Topless and Her454 were HB members since at least 04. You have some damage control that needs to be taken care of ASAP. BTW why was Shintoo banned.?

Bobby, thanks for your interest. But this hotboat.com is not the same hotboat.com of 2004. And as you are aware, there were hundreds of people who initially signed up on the site, most of whom have yet to post. I am fully aware of the damage this episode has caused, and like I said, I am taking steps to correct it and ensure it does not happen again. And again, as I mentioned above, the member who was banned for no apparent reason, has been unbanned. Personally I'm not sure of your motives, as you rarely, if ever come here and post anything other than negativity. If you've posted content or positive comments, I sincerely apologize for my statement. You, like everyone else, are welcome here. But again, as I stated above, there really is no need to feed this type of activity. Whats done is done, its being addressed and will not happen in the future. Thank you.

pepper 689

WHO is they?

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I would suggest that you say that directly to Her454:wink:
you seriously insulted someone very special to me and I would keep in mind that my kindness to you at last years Street Party comes with no guarantees for this year.
That was awful and completely unacceptable:AngryFinger_7WSKJO:

Karl, I hope you will reconsider your note. On behalf of hotboat.com, I sincerely apologize for the comments that were made, and I sincerely apologize if you or anyone you know was insulted. I was out of pocket when this incident took place, but from the bits and pieces I saw (before threads were deleted) the prods seemed to be coming from both sides. Absolutely not an excuse to use the words that were used, but both sides were pretty excited. To quote a good friend, "words are like bullets, once you use them, they can't be taken back". Whats done is done. Now I can only hope we all can move past this and the people on both sides of the fence can get along.

Bobby V
09-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Bobby, thanks for your interest. But this hotboat.com is not the same hotboat.com of 2004. And as you are aware, there were hundreds of people who initially signed up on the site, most of whom have yet to post. I am fully aware of the damage this episode has caused, and like I said, I am taking steps to correct it and ensure it does not happen again. And again, as I mentioned above, the member who was banned for no apparent reason, has been unbanned. Personally I'm not sure of your motives, as you rarely, if ever come here and post anything other than negativity. If you've posted content or positive comments, I sincerely apologize for my statement. You, like everyone else, are welcome here. But again, as I stated above, there really is no need to feed this type of activity. Whats done is done, its being addressed and will not happen in the future. Thank you.

I realize I have only 60 some posts but saying I rarely come on here and only post negative posts is a little incorrect. I log on at least 5 times a day and read ALL the threads. I'm not going to go back and check my past posts but I doubt there is more then 10 that maybe negative. Most will be aimed at people that have been banned form RDs place and come her and talk shit. I would do the same for Hot Boat if someone talked shit on another site also. I wear my Hot Boat hat and shirts with the same pride as I wear RD's shirts. I'm not here to make trouble.

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I realize I have only 60 some posts but saying I rarely come on here and only post negative posts is a little incorrect. I log on at least 5 times a day and read ALL the threads. I'm not going to go back and check my past posts but I doubt there is more then 10 that maybe negative. Most will be aimed at people that have been banned form RDs place and come her and talk shit. I would do the same for Hot Boat if someone talked shit on another site also. I wear my Hot Boat hat and shirts with the same pride as I wear RD's shirts. I'm not here to make trouble.

Thank you Bobby. I need to buy you a beer next time we meet.

Her454
09-07-2013, 12:14 PM
You sir, are sadly mistaken and I don't appreciate being accused of "bullying" anyone. It's not my nature, never has been and never will be. I do not even know your wife, but the last time I had any interaction with her was when I asked her about HB Tshirts.

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow... its all about respect, self control and being adults, period. I didn't join this Forum to play "games" either. And I post in several different forums as I always have... I post where I feel comfortable and am treated as I treat others, with no guilt or pressure on "taking sides".

Karl, I hope you will reconsider your note. On behalf of hotboat.com, I sincerely apologize for the comments that were made, and I sincerely apologize if you or anyone you know was insulted. I was out of pocket when this incident took place, but from the bits and pieces I saw (before threads were deleted) the prods seemed to be coming from both sides. Absolutely not an excuse to use the words that were used, but both sides were pretty excited. To quote a good friend, "words are like bullets, once you use them, they can't be taken back". Whats done is done. Now I can only hope we all can move past this and the people on both sides of the fence can get along.

Again, incorrect. I was NOT involved in ANY of the conversations or posts that occured yesterday, period. And I certainly did not deserve the foul, disrepectful treatment from this website's moderators. I appreciate your apology, and I accept. However, I will no longer be part of this forum community where it's moderators have no self control or respect.

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that 454. Again, my apologies.

GRADS
09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Is the word acceptable to use if you spell it with a "K"? Just checking for clarification on that.

Menace Marine
09-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Is the word acceptable to use if you spell it with a "K"? Just checking for clarification on that.

Yes. But not in caps.

Menace Marine
09-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Man you don't check the website for one day and all hell brakes loose. I have no idea what is going on now.

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm glad I post off an iPod in the weekends because without a keyboard and large screen, it's tough to type out long winded responses which prevents me from chiming in on threads like this.

Unfortunately as a business owner, it's all about customer service which means keeping your opinion to yourself no matter what a customer says about you(or in this instance, chops a pic of your wife). Even when provoked as such, as there would have been no response if the customer had not initiated the action, a business owner must still take the higher road. There was nothing good that would come from that chop and she knew it.....customers do it all the time.....unfortunately the customer always complains when the reaction is made, even when it's the exact reaction they expected.

Don't argue with idiots. They will just bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wendi
09-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Her454 your right about our interaction and I did not feel like you were part of what happened on our site yesterday. I do not condone and had no idea what was written about you or any of the other members by WMC. That is not his style and I'm sure all would agree. He was not happy with what Topless had done here and what was being said about me on the other site. I sincerely apologize for the disrespect you feel and you or any person for that matter does not deserve it.

WMC
09-07-2013, 01:59 PM
You sir, are sadly mistaken and I don't appreciate being accused of "bullying" anyone. It's not my nature, never has been and never will be. I do not even know your wife, but the last time I had any interaction with her was when I asked her about HB Tshirts.

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow... its all about respect, self control and being adults, period. I didn't join this Forum to play "games" either. And I post in several different forums as I always have... I post where I feel comfortable and am treated as I treat others, with no guilt or pressure on "taking sides".

Again, incorrect. I was NOT involved in ANY of the conversations or posts that occured yesterday, period. And I certainly did not deserve the foul, disrepectful treatment from this website's moderators. I appreciate your apology, and I accept. However, I will no longer be part of this forum community where it's moderators have no self control or respect.

I'm sorry for putting that in the ban box not cool on my behalf. Let's move forward I don't like drama. I was pissed at the picture I saw of Wendi my wife not the other Windy my Wendi. My Wendi did nothing to deserve that and persons were feeding the fire and being rude. Got caught up in the moment. Hope we can have a drink sometime we are good people.

sent from the best phone on earth

GRADS
09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Where was the picture of Wendi not Windy? I saw the Windy one but not the Wendi one.

If it's windy on Wednesday does Wendi.....ahhh nevermind. ;)

Wendi
09-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Where was the picture of Wendi not Windy? I saw the Windy one but not the Wendi one.

If it's windy on Wednesday does Wendi.....ahhh nevermind. ;)

It was removed from the site.

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 02:12 PM
It this thread http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?2440-Happy-hour didn't happen, would this one? lol

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 02:20 PM
GRADS is a perfect example of what I,m talking about.Disrespect should not be tolerated.

GRADS
09-07-2013, 02:25 PM
GRADS is a perfect example of what I,m talking about.Disrespect should not be tolerated.

:wtf: When was I disrespectful? :headscratch:

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 02:29 PM

So will you tell us your screen name elsewhere? Seem kind of knowledgeable of past proceedings. Why not start this thread under your usual moniker?

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 02:36 PM
So will you tell us your screen name elsewhere? Seem kind of knowledgeable of past proceedings. Why not start this thread under your usual moniker?

HEY its the internet!I just made a reference to what I have seen on all sites.

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 02:39 PM

I can't seem to find pepper 689 on all the other sites though. So what do you go by on all the other sites?

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Big Rob!

GRADS
09-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Show me one instance.

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 02:50 PM
:wtf: When was I disrespectful? :headscratch:

You've disrespected yourself and my eyes. What has been seen cannot be unseen!

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Lol,I,m not here to argue with you and sorry I brought up your name.Just was here to bring up a point. Go to the top.....

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Lol,I,m not here to argue with you and sorry I brought up your name.Just was here to bring up a point. Go to the top.....

Unfortunately the topic generally does turn sideways when a new screen name is made for a specific topic. Point is valid, it would just be more valid and stay on topic has you posted under your usual name.

09-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I’m not sure what happened here because at the time I was busy sticking my nose into something I probably should have just stayed out of. Kind of like this deal here but sometimes I just can’t help myself….. lol. Say anything you want about me but once someone drags my wife into it I will risk it all to defender her.

If you ask me WMC did what any good husband who loves his wife would do, had his wife’s back. :thumbsUp:

And that’s all I have to say about that. :)

GRADS
09-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I think all parties involved need to get over it and move on. If I posted a screen shot of every time I was banned at that other website and called a mean or dirty name for the reason I would need an entire section. :)

pepper 689
09-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I think all parties involved need to get over it and move on. If I posted a screen shot of every time I was banned at that other website and called a mean or dirty name for the reason I would need an entire section. :)

You are correct.Stop the bashing of women and proceed.

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Bru haha was great 😎17442

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 04:53 PM
You are correct.Stop the bashing of women and proceed.

Time to defend women where you came from "pepper"!

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?101632-So-I-got-BANNED/page3

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/08/myqunutu.jpg

riverbound
09-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Time to defend women where you came from "pepper"!

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?101632-So-I-got-BANNED/page3

You disagree?

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 05:08 PM
You disagree?

I like to pride myself on the fact I don't use profanity and try not to put myself in situations where I need to use it which includes knowing people who act like it.

I guess pepper can now keep his/her fight here though instead of using actual screen name over there....

riverbound
09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
I like to pride myself on the fact I don't use profanity and try not to put myself in situations where I need to use it which includes knowing people who act like it.

I guess pepper can now keep his/her fight here though instead of using actual screen name over there....

I pride myself in not giving too much power to a single word. Call me what you want, I won't get riled up over someone using a word to describe my actions. More or less I will look at myself and wonder why said person would feel that way towards me ;)

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 05:26 PM
That particular word, imo, is about as bad as it gets as far as name calling. Its over the top. I'm not even sure there is a male equivalent word. I've been called every possible name in the book over my 1/2 century or so. There was a time where words like that really got to me and I would react without giving it much though. Not any more. Like Billdo said, when and if I'm called a particular word, I wonder more why that person would say something like that to me. More often than not, I did or said something to prompt it. Not that its ok for them to call me a particular word, but if I have some culpability, I will definitely not react. The other thing is weight. A total stranger calling me a prick or worse, definitely means a whole lot less than a friend or someone I know calling me the same word. And again, if its someone I know, I'm more interested in why they said it vs what the actual word is.

Napanutt
09-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I pride myself in not giving too much power to a single word. Call me what you want, I won't get riled up over someone using a word to describe my actions. More or less I will look at myself and wonder why said person would feel that way towards me ;)

Pretty much how I feel about the use of that word and similar words in general. I'm obviously not going to use those type of words in the general public but in front of the wife or close friends if I'm pissed they do a good job of emphasizing said displeasure. A little extreme from a moderator/business person towards his customers.

Still not quite sure who pepper is though. If Grads was banned I'd think it was him. :D

riverbound
09-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Pretty much how I feel about the use of that word and similar words in general. I'm obviously not going to use those type of words in the general public but in front of the wife or close friends if I'm pissed they do a good job of emphasizing said displeasure. A little extreme from a moderator/business person towards his customers.

Still not quite sure who pepper is though. If Grads was banned I'd think it was him. :D

So just out of curiosity. Why do members on a free forum refer to themselves as "customers". I have never understood that.

Napanutt
09-07-2013, 06:01 PM
So just out of curiosity. Why do members on a free forum refer to themselves as "customers". I have never understood that.

Uh, i guess we're suppose to be buying products from the sponsors. That's what I was thinking anyway

GRADS
09-07-2013, 06:12 PM

You're a kunt. ;)

Napanutt
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
You're a kunt. ;)

Wasn't it suppose to be capitalized, or was it non-caps. I'm kind of lost now. Last 24 hours on boat forums have been quite, uh, entertaining to say the least.

GRADS
09-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry for putting that in the ban box not cool on my behalf.

Don't sweat it WMC....you could of put worse things in the reason box like your password. That's what Hotboat did when he banned me.:smackhead It was fun being a mod for about six months.:action-smiley-035:

ChumpChange
09-07-2013, 06:25 PM

It's a euphemism in order to relate and make topic to our employers. It's all we
W2 people understand. :D

HB Vic
09-07-2013, 06:33 PM
It's a euphemism in order to relate and make topic to our employers. It's all we
W2 people understand. :D

I miss W2's. K1's suck ass :D

CarolynandBob
09-08-2013, 07:26 AM
I miss W2's. K1's suck ass :D

Then you are doing it wrong. :hilarious::hilarious:

WMC
09-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Don't sweat it WMC....you could of put worse things in the reason box like your password. That's what Hotboat did when he banned me.:smackhead It was fun being a mod for about six months.:action-smiley-035:

Is that how that happen maybe he was testing you.... lol. That would of been worse for sure

sent from the best phone on earth

CarolynandBob
09-08-2013, 07:40 AM
As far as this whole deal goes. WMC needs to grow some thicker skin. Your wife is part of a forum, is a big girl and should be able to defend herself on the internet. In person then it is a whole different story. Anyway, if you were that upset then you step away from the computer and never lose control. Remember if you are thinking with emotion then you really are not thinking.

As far as the **** word. It is just a word. If a women gets upset about that word then they must be one.

My wife and I think it is funny that people get so caught about it. We were watching a comedian and he did a bit about a movie. I think it was the sound of music.
In the movie there were two nuns and one nun says to the other " I just can't face it any more" then the other says 'What is it you can't face". Well the two have very thick English accents and it sounds like they are saying "****face" so the second nun sounds like she is say "what is it you ****face".

It was very funny the way the comedian did the bit and may not sound funny here. However, my wife and I laugh about it all of the time. Especially, it we are arguing and one of us will call the other a **** face and we both end up laughing.

My point in this long ass post is if you give power to a word then it will control you.

Bobby V
09-08-2013, 08:01 AM

Do you use your same screen name on here as you do on other sites. :happy:

Slacker
09-08-2013, 08:53 AM
My point in this long ass post is if you give power to a word then it will control you.

I believe I would have to agree to this statement.

Slacker
09-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Sorry but I had to laugh at this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

ChumpChange
09-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Do you use your same screen name on here as you do on other sites. :happy:

Actually I do. Mateo is what I go by on forums other than boating sites. ChumpChange was a boat name. Just like you though, we know what my name is elsewhere.

To start a new name just for a specific topic? Guess they don't want to be known as a drama starter as they might use the word elsewhere.......or she's just already banned here. ;)

riverbound
09-08-2013, 11:44 AM
As far as this whole deal goes. WMC needs to grow some thicker skin. Your wife is part of a forum, is a big girl and should be able to defend herself on the internet. In person then it is a whole different story. Anyway, if you were that upset then you step away from the computer and never lose control. Remember if you are thinking with emotion then you really are not thinking.

As far as the **** word. It is just a word. If a women gets upset about that word then they must be one.

My wife and I think it is funny that people get so caught about it. We were watching a comedian and he did a bit about a movie. I think it was the sound of music.
In the movie there were two nuns and one nun says to the other " I just can't face it any more" then the other says 'What is it you can't face". Well the two have very thick English accents and it sounds like they are saying "****face" so the second nun sounds like she is say "what is it you ****face".

It was very funny the way the comedian did the bit and may not sound funny here. However, my wife and I laugh about it all of the time. Especially, it we are arguing and one of us will call the other a **** face and we both end up laughing.

If I get banned from here. WMC better put "being a **** face" in the reason box. ;)

HB Vic
09-08-2013, 12:07 PM
If I get banned from here. WMC better put "being a **** face" in the reason box. ;)

I had the reason box removed as a precautionary measure :D

dj bill
09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
as a semi lurker,cant we just get along.share a beer and move on.now lock this dam thread.

PEACE OUT !

WESTERNAERO
09-08-2013, 01:09 PM
! LET'S GET PISSED!!!
Aussie / Kiwi translation,
Hey friends, love ya, lets get drunk.
You bunch of cry baby's, they're just words, who give a shit! Sticks and stones, right? Get some thicker skin and move on.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

HB Vic
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Western thanks for your post and forcing me to lock this thread.