PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Heat

314joey
09-07-2013, 06:07 AM
We've only been out to Havasu a few times and each time we went we always paid for a DD and so I never paid attention to 'Johnny Law".
Is it like the show, better or worse, down here in Fl, they're not to bad, but back at LOTO they've gotten down right nasty the last few years, just wondering.

Stainless
09-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Good morning Joey,
I only get to Havasu 1-2 times a year. LE is very serious there, in fact all of AZ is. I keep my consumption on the lake low if I'm driving. Lately though I've been lucky to ride with a friend that doesn't drink so that's working out better yet, he drives, I drink. :D

PokerRun388
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
We've only been out to Havasu a few times and each time we went we always paid for a DD and so I never paid attention to 'Johnny Law".
Is it like the show, better or worse, down here in Fl, they're not to bad, but back at LOTO they've gotten down right nasty the last few years, just wondering.

The police patrol the lake and channel very well. They also have safety checkpoints on certain weekends of the year, so you would want to be aware of that as well. I don't drink, so it's not something I worry about.

Slacker
09-07-2013, 11:01 AM
The police patrol the lake and channel very well. They also have safety checkpoints on certain weekends of the year, so you would want to be aware of that as well. I don't drink, so it's not something I worry about.

But we never see them Monday thru Thrusday, except if there is a holiday or spring break during that time.

Relaxalot
09-07-2013, 11:50 AM
If you are driving the boat, do us all a favor.. don't drink enough to be impaired. It is just not smart. Havasu is a crowded crazy place and if you are drunk and driving a boat... bad mojo... If you drink and drive... do us all a favor and space it out with a water between each beer or maybe two waters.. Make the decision to be safe for you and your crew the result will be good mojo for all of you.:bananadance:

314joey
09-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm not asking because I do or that I want to drink and drive, i was just wanting to know if the show was real or not.

Relaxalot
09-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Most of the time I am amazed at the amount of LE presence in Havasu. You have San Bernadino Sheriff boats, Fish and Game boats, Ranger boats, LHC police boats, Fire Safety boats, EMT boats, Cops on quads, Cops on foot and Helicopters flying over. I have been in a cove before with maybe 40 or 50 boats in the coves with families floating around with 3 different enforcement agencies in boats and a helicopter overhead.. Holiday weekends are ridiculous. I am all for safety but the ratio of enforcement to the need seems to be way off. We need a big budget cut. As I type this I would probably be the first person to thank LE if I needed them. Just seems like the level of cops around is a little excessive. I have never had any problems with them and they all seem very nice and not intrusive. I just think there are too many for the need.