PDA

View Full Version : Buyer backed out on me last minute....could be a good thing for a Hotboat member

GRADS
09-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I'll try and make this long story short.

I had my boat sold to a guy in Modesto. He was getting a bank loan for 35k and paying the rest in cash.

I had been in contact with his bank and the loan had funded I just needed to go in to his credit union (2 and 1/2 hours away) and sign over the titles to the trailer and boat. I told him I did not feel comfortable signing over the titles unless I was paid in full so he said he (or someone on his behalf) would meet me at the credit union with a check for the remainder owed.

Well I'm halfway to the credit union and I get text (not a call which is how we had been corresponding)that says "Too much bullshit. I'm going to pass. Please sell the boat to someone with all the money at once. Too busy to deal with this."

Meanwhile I was turning away other possible buyers because I promised this guy I would sell him the boat. Even had a guy offer me $500 more than this guy but I didn't want to go back on my word.

So now we get to the point of the thread.

The boat was essentially sold. I emptied everything out of it....it was ready to go and I was ready to move on. Even had another boat picked out. I want it gone. I'm going to lower the price to $41,500 to any Hotboat member. This deal will not last, if it doesn't sell in the next week or so I will raise the price back up or just keep it. This is a lot of boat with very low hours for the price.

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/showthread.php?2359-2004-29-Shockwave-Magnatude

ChumpChange
09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Well I'm halfway to the credit union and I get text (not a call which is how we had been corresponding)that says "Too much bullshit. I'm going to pass. Please sell the boat to someone with all the money at once. Too busy to deal with this."

That's a bummer. I guess his mom wouldn't lend him the money afterall.

hpboats83
09-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Sick deal good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

RogerThat99
09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
That is an awesome deal!!! I've been on this boat many times. It has low hours and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor....super clean clean clean clean!!

Unforgiven
09-03-2013, 02:55 PM
That sucks..we just sold the Warlock..didn't make any money on it, but now it's gone..The wife is happy it's gone now were down to the Eliminator...good luck with the sale!

niceguyeddie
09-03-2013, 05:50 PM
That would really piss me off.

The last 3 boats I have bought (2/3 were bought from board members) were bought sign unseen. I gave them a promise to buy it if they held it for me and backed that promise with large non-refundable cash deposits which I know is risky. 2 of them were way up in Nor Cal and I was there the day I said I'd be (if not sooner) with funds ready to hand over!

Stainless
09-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Hate to hear this Grads, good luck going forward!

GRADS
09-03-2013, 08:30 PM
That is an awesome deal!!! I've been on this boat many times. It has low hours and looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor....super clean clean clean clean!!

Thanks!